Cocke County

5wide

easy chief. there is a HUGE difference between 1A and 4A football. a bad 4A team could still easily beat a good 1A team.

last year Cocke Co. finished 1-9. Their only victory was over a 2A team that finished the season 6-4 and made the 2A playoffs. If Cosby was on CC's schedule, the cocks would have finished 2-8.

Ask just about anyone in Cocke County and they will tell you that in 2006 (the season ENHwasps is talking about) Cosby most likely would have beaten CCHS. You are right there is a huge difference between 4A and 1A butthat was an exceptional 9-1 1A Cosby that year and a not so great CCHS. Oh and to go with your 1 win over a 6-4 2A school , Cosby beat a 1A school that year 26-0 (Cloudland) that traditionally beats Cherokee (not sure if they did that year or not) a team that usually beats CCHS.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that year, a 5-5 cherokee team beat cloudland 40-8, and it could have been a lot worse. even when cloudland is dominating 1A they still struggle with an average 4A team.

2004 Cherokee 34, Cloudland 0

2005 Cherokee 20, Cloudland 12

2006 Cherokee 40, Cloudland 8

2007 They didn't play each other

Cosby had Rone and the Lowe boys which would have gave us some problems, but we had Trey Lunsford who led the conference in picks back there and we have a much bigger lines on both sides of the ball...who was going to block Derek Ottinger and Chucki Hembree for Cosby? I played for the 06 team and it probably would have been a challenge, but I think that we were just too big and strong up front for that very small cosby team on the lines...they had a good run that year congrats to them

Cosby had Rone and the Lowe boys which would have gave us some problems, but we had Trey Lunsford who led the conference in picks back there and we have a much bigger lines on both sides of the ball...who was going to block Derek Ottinger and Chucki Hembree for Cosby? I played for the 06 team and it probably would have been a challenge, but I think that we were just too big and strong up front for that very small cosby team on the lines...they had a good run that year congrats to them

I never said it would have been easy , and cosby wasn't exactly small up front that year , weren't very deep up front but first 5 was very good. CCHS didn't have a kid that year that could catch J.Lowe if they were on a motorcycle. I think it would have been a good game and personally loved to have seen it or see it in the future , Don't think it will happen any time soon though.

I never said it would have been easy , and cosby wasn't exactly small up front that year , weren't very deep up front but first 5 was very good. CCHS didn't have a kid that year that could catch J.Lowe if they were on a motorcycle. I think it would have been a good game and personally loved to have seen it or see it in the future , Don't think it will happen any time soon though.

I would take my chances wit Billybob covering him...but ur right Trey couldn't have stayed with him on a deep route....I definately would have loved to have played it tho to see how it would have went, but its never going to happen