Marion County

DelTavian

I for one don't think that MCHS vs GCHS isn't the only game that matters. Just another game to me. You are on here bragging about winning more playoff games than we have in the last 10 years? How many rings do you get for those couple of playoff victories??

I wasn't bragging. You were taking shots about mediocrity and I took one back. What's the matter? You can dish it out but you can't take it?

And again I say you guys need to bring back the man that gave you all the rings. No one has been good enough since he left so call him back up.

DL.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Del, I've repeatedly read over BigJ's post and I don't get any of the junk you're implying in your post. Everybody understands you're ticked because Marion chose to fire your friend. If he chooses to continue in public school coaching, it'll likely happen again. Coach B was in a better position than anyone to properly evaluate Coach Evan's performance. Knowing beforehand the criticsm that decision would generate toward the program, I think it showed a lot of professionalism on his part to make it rather than allow things to degenerate any farther. Marion County football will be fine, and I'm quite sure whoever Coach B selects will be a man of good character........and know how to coach.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Actually I'm not near that emotionally involved. I feel bad for Jason and I think the whole situation is nuts but I'm not mad or ticked. Your coaching problem is just that....your coaching problem. I have a lot of emotions in the Grundy coaching situation and that one alone.

But just to be real honest here. I don't think you guys are going to be happy with anyone who isn't Ken Colquette. So why not just bring him back? From all accounts he's dying to coach again and the only real roadblock to him coming back to Jasper is gone. Seems like the only logical answer to me.

Oh...and for the record Jason is actually my cousin.

DL.

Del please explain to me why you hate KC so much. If you need to start a new thread that will be just find. I am anxiously awaiting your answer.

Mired in mediocrity... Well we have won more playoff games than you in the last 10 years. But of course to some you beating us or us beating you is the only game on the schedule that matters. Personally I think that's stupid.

But anyway....

I have recently talked with a coach. A respected winner who might be in the market to move and he said he wouldn't touch your job. "If they'd do that to one of their own imagine what they'd do to an outsider. No way I'd go there." You guys are doing more damage to the cause of finding a coach with all the negative stuff said here and in the community. But hey, if you want to run off all the prospects go ahead.

However you do have my curiosity up. I'd love to know all the reasons Jason was fired? Especially since he'll continue to get fired in public schools according to you. Please email me the details. dlowrie@blomand.net

DL.

You are spending a great deal of time and energy on a subject that you said you didn't care about. Why is that? The best thing you can do Del is get Jason hired on the mountain and let him go 4-7 and 5-6 and see what happens to him up there. You people would be on him just like people in Jasper were.

If you are really interested about how many people have applied for the job at Marion County why not call Sherry Prince or Troy Boeck and find out.

You are spending a great deal of time and energy on a subject that you said you didn't care about. Why is that? The best thing you can do Del is get Jason hired on the mountain and let him go 4-7 and 5-6 and see what happens to him up there. You people would be on him just like people in Jasper were.

If you are really interested about how many people have applied for the job at Marion County why not call Sherry Prince or Troy Boeck and find out.

I didn't say I didn't care. I said I wasn't emotionally involved. I have no need to call just because you're trying to put words in my mouth.

The time I'm spending is waiting on you to send that email.

DL.

I think we are forgetting why High School sports are important!!!! We are suppose to be teaching our boys about integrity, sportsmanship, teamwork and loyalty. Instead we are getting on here and doing everything but. I am sorry that Jason got fired and to be honest I really don't have a dog in the fight. Yes I would love to see the Warriors succeed, but by bickering and arguing we are not doing a very good job at setting a good example. I am sure that no matter who is named as coach their will be people who disagree with this decision and the exact same posts will be happening again in two years ( unless the Warriors have a great season next year ) This is not isolated to Football look at the other programs at MCHS ( boys and girls basketball, softball and football.) Remember that this is suppose to be the best time in our kids lives. Hopefully they can enjoy every minute of it.

Well I have procrastinated as long as I can with this thread, so I am going to have to put my spill in this. Unfortunately, there is a coaching vacancy at Marion. Jason is out so next years seniors will be going through three head coaches in four years. I truly hope Jason finds a school who will give him a chance to learn and improve as a coach. He is a good guy and I think he will get better with time. I know Marion was his dream job and that he is devastated. I do believe he cares very much for his players and their performance. Only coaching two seasons and one spring, it is hard to say he had a real opportunity to be successful. Jason, I wish you the best wherever you go!

Now that we are hunting a new head coach, what is the expectations and job description for this position. I know when Coach Pruitt came he was expected to increase the roster #s back to the 45 to 55 player range and win. He did bring the numbers up but a seven win season was the best record he recorded in the two years he was here. But he did manage to beat Grundy, Bledsoe, Whitwell, Sequatchie Co. and South Pittsburg both years. He also had fan and parent support during his tenure.

As much as it pains me to say it, IMO Marion has many issues that need to be addressed before our football program will be successful again, and though many on here blame Marion??™s problems on talent, I don??™t agree. The players may not be on the field but they are in the school. Some only play one sport now or none at all. A couple have even quit school completely and that is a real issue IMO. This senior class experienced nothing but success up through their 8th grade year. But since then their have been key players dropping out for one reason or another. Just to name a few and I will name last names, Lockheart - Lineman, Carter ??“ Back, Bragg, - Back, Cash ??“ Lineman, Fowler ??“ Back, Bell ??“QB/Back, Bettus ??“ Back, and I am sure I am leaving off a few. All these kids would play on anyones team in the valley. Most would start. I can give you a similar list of next years seniors. All these kids have different reasons for quiting football. Trust me talent in the school is not the current issue at Marion County High School. Motivation to play is.

Whether we hire a new coach this year, or play with the existing staff, I am confident that Coach Beck will try to hire the coach who he feels will be the right person for this position and who he thinks can advance our program. I am sure he wants to see this team succeed as much as any other die hard Warrior fan.

As for interest, trust me there is plenty. Personally, if I was going to coach I wouldn??™t want to coach at a school that had no expectations of winning! I will end this 1500 word paper with one last statement about Coach Colquette since everyone keeps using him as the pawn in this thread. In spring of 1980, Marion was looking for success and they hired a new football coach. Up until that point, everyone here had been content with the .500 ball clubs of the past as long as they won the big game (S.P.). He was hired with expectations of winning. He produced a 10-0 regular season his first year and took Marion to their first State Championship game in just 3 years. With his work ethic, team building skills, and strong personality, he made students want to play football and work toward a common goal! He new the expectations when he came, and he felt the pressure. He was the right coach at the right time. We need to hire this coach with the same job expectations. Have good team building skills, a tough personality, strong work ethic, Win, and be here long term. If Marion??™s new head coach can meet the first three expectations, he will have fan and player support, and the last two expectations will fall in place.