11/23 Pearl-Cohn at White House

timbdp

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

refs were horrible in this game

time for coaching change for wh what were thinking on that fake fg

pc had respect for wh yeah right were you blind they dance and taunt wh all game long

We do respect WH. Everytime we play WH they give us a run for our money. but good job WH keep yall heads up!

4th Round here we come!

refs were horrible in this game

time for coaching change for wh what were thinking on that fake fg

pc had respect for wh yeah right were you blind they dance and taunt wh all game long

Stick to 8-man football. Coach Porter is one of the best coaches in Tennessee. White House is glad to have him. If the PC coach calls more passes it would not even been close.

Congrats to Pearl Cohn on the win. What can I say???? The Firebirds own White House in the playoffs.

For a terrible coaching staff this bunch has done a great job. 2 Years = 2 Trips to the State Semifinals /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Great Job Coach Brunetti, Wilson, Harris, Davis, & Co. You guys have done a great job following the footsteps of a legendary coach like Maurice Fitzgerald and that could not have been an easy thing to do.

Deaunte Mason started out horrible but late he made the plays to win the game for his football team. The Co-MVPs of this game are #3 Howard Griffin & #2 Dominique Harris. White House couldn't block either of them after the first series in which they scored the TD.

As I stated on the other thread and as I also stated in the preseason REGION 4-3A BELONGS TO PEARL COHN!!!! The numbers do not lie folks. They have beaten White House through the first three years. Two of those years the wins came in the postseason. Pearl Cohn is 4-0 against Sycamore & Station Camp and have playoff wins against both of those teams in the playoffs. Pearl Cohn even owns a 2-1 edge over Greenbrier.

Region 4-3A Goes Through the Pearl Cohn Firebirds!!!!!!

Good Season White House. I believe White House will be the team to beat in Region 4-3A next season. They have a lot of those same players that were on the field tonight coming back next year. As for this season however the playoff experience is something that you just can't measure and Pearl Cohn has warriors who have been through those tough wars and that proved to be the KEY DIFFERENCE in tonight's game.

Big Country,

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the game. Can you please give me a play by play as I know you said you would be at the game.

"PCH, Don't Play Wit It!"

First Half

Pearl Cohn received the football and got a first down on the opening play of the game but after that they punted and did virtually nothing except turn the football over for the remainder of the half. White House took the ball on the first series and ran it down PC's throat. Payne carried the load on the series. A huge third down pass completion set WH up at the two yard line. Greenwade punched it in from a yard out and the PAT gave White House a 7-0 lead. For the Firebirds the quarterback, Mason, was picked off twice in the first half. The Blue Devils offense wasn't great in the first half but their time consuming first series of the game proved to be the difference going into the intermission.

Second Half

White House got the ball coming out of the break but they went three and out on their first series and PC took over possession of the ball deep in their own territory. Mason took over on the ground on the series as he drove the ball down the field. He hit big passes to Venoy & Collier on the drive and later capped the drive himself on a one yard TD run. The PAT was no good and WH led 7-6. On the next series Howard Griffin blocked the WH punt and Pearl Cohn got the football deep in Blue Devils territory. Mason again drove the Firebirds HOWEVER this time the defense bowed up. WH inserted #'s 68 & 69 in the game down on the goal line and Pearl Cohn could not get the football into the end zone. White House stood tall and continued to lead 7-6 going into the final period. In the final quarter White House hit a huge pass to Parker on third down and 11 yards to go. This was followed by more first downs as White House looked to add to their lead. When the Firebirds defense finally stood tall they had held WH to what was going to be around a 40 yard FG attempt. Instead of kicking the FG the Blue Devils faked it. William Johnson picked off the FG for Pearl Cohn and returned it deep into WH territory. Mason came out and drove the offense down the field again by rushing it himself. The White House defense had stood talol again on the series inside the 10 yard line but following a timeout Pearl Cohn scored on a third down and goal play. Mason hit Johnson on a 9 yard pass and then the two connected again for the two point conversion. Pearl Cohn led 14-7. White House drove the ball back down the field on their next series. Parker caught just about everything Greenwade threw to him on the drive. In the end though the PC defense came up big as they stopped White House on fourth and 4 from inside the ten yard line. Pearl Cohn went three and out and White House got the ball back at the Firebirds 43 yard line with 40 seconds to go in the game. White House drove the ball all the way to the 21 yard line but in the end Dominique Harris sacked Greenwade with 10 seconds left on the clock. Time expired before WH could get another snap off and Pearl Cohn won 14-7.

The Pearl Cohn Firebirds host Fulton next week in the state semifinals of the playoffs /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First Half

Pearl Cohn received the football and got a first down on the opening play of the game but after that they punted and did virtually nothing except turn the football over for the remainder of the half. White House took the ball on the first series and ran it down PC's throat. Payne carried the load on the series. A huge third down pass completion set WH up at the two yard line. Greenwade punched it in from a yard out and the PAT gave White House a 7-0 lead. For the Firebirds the quarterback, Mason, was picked off twice in the first half. The Blue Devils offense wasn't great in the first half but their time consuming first series of the game proved to be the difference going into the intermission.

Second Half

White House got the ball coming out of the break but they went three and out on their first series and PC took over possession of the ball deep in their own territory. Mason took over on the ground on the series as he drove the ball down the field. He hit big passes to Venoy & Collier on the drive and later capped the drive himself on a one yard TD run. The PAT was no good and WH led 7-6. On the next series Howard Griffin blocked the WH punt and Pearl Cohn got the football deep in Blue Devils territory. Mason again drove the Firebirds HOWEVER this time the defense bowed up. WH inserted #'s 68 & 69 in the game down on the goal line and Pearl Cohn could not get the football into the end zone. White House stood tall and continued to lead 7-6 going into the final period. In the final quarter White House hit a huge pass to Parker on third down and 11 yards to go. This was followed by more first downs as White House looked to add to their lead. When the Firebirds defense finally stood tall they had held WH to what was going to be around a 40 yard FG attempt. Instead of kicking the FG the Blue Devils faked it. William Johnson picked off the FG for Pearl Cohn and returned it deep into WH territory. Mason came out and drove the offense down the field again by rushing it himself. The White House defense had stood talol again on the series inside the 10 yard line but following a timeout Pearl Cohn scored on a third down and goal play. Mason hit Johnson on a 9 yard pass and then the two connected again for the two point conversion. Pearl Cohn led 14-7. White House drove the ball back down the field on their next series. Parker caught just about everything Greenwade threw to him on the drive. In the end though the PC defense came up big as they stopped White House on fourth and 4 from inside the ten yard line. Pearl Cohn went three and out and White House got the ball back at the Firebirds 43 yard line with 40 seconds to go in the game. White House drove the ball all the way to the 21 yard line but in the end Dominique Harris sacked Greenwade with 10 seconds left on the clock. Time expired before WH could get another snap off and Pearl Cohn won 14-7.

The Pearl Cohn Firebirds host Fulton next week in the state semifinals of the playoffs /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks! I know you always give accurate assessments of the games. Glad to hear that the Firebirds pulled it out. Looking forward to next weeks game against Fulton.

Nights like tonight makes me proud to be a former FB

How about this Rematch Fulton County Get Ready

Fulton is in Knoxville and it's not a county school. I learned that myself just last year so don't worry. I'm not trying to make you look like an idiot at all. I was the idiot who'd always thought the same thing prior to last year. Or was it 2 years ago????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I love the way that the Firebirds are playing. Pearl Cohn has allowed a total of 17-Points in four games since their bye week in the ninth week of the regular season. They are playing great defense right now. On offense a healthy Mason will make a difference. Anyone who saw Fulton-PC last year knew that Mason had one partially broken ankle and he limped all over the field all night in that game. This year he'll be heathly and that makes a great difference to the Firebirds offense.

Thanks! I know you always give accurate assessments of the games. Glad to hear that the Firebirds pulled it out. Looking forward to next weeks game against Fulton.

I'll have to meet you there. I met several PC fans tonight and they are all great people. Mr. Pinder is a great man who does an outstanding job doing the P.A. System at the Firebirds home games. He was as loud along the fence at tonight's game even without the microphone and speakers /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />