Alcoa vs DCA

Tornado89

Something that hasn't been talked about is the outcome the coaches may have on this game. These are two very well coached teams, and the game plan and adjustments could be crucial. Of course, the players will play the game, but it should be interesting to see the point-counterpoint from the respective coaching staffs. Everybody knows of Alcoa, and Coach Rankin is a legend in this area (Middle Tennessee) but I think DCA has a fantastic staff and if I'm not mistaken, haven't they made the playoffs something like 20 straight years? Could get interesting!!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a Fulton Falcon i want to say GO TORNADOES just so everyone knows East TN is takin home 3 gold balls this year!

Pearl Cohn is going to take your boys out. so maybe two gold balls. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

DCA will certainly have to play their best game of the year to have any chance at all. Having said that, they do have some serious offensive weapons and the best balance (passing and rushing) that Alcoa may have seen this year (in 2A of course) I have seen several comments about Alcoa's pass defense and that it may be more vulnerable this year than in years past, however, I think it would take a very balanced team and not a one dimensional effort to have any chance for the upset and that still may not be enough. You think they would agree to only play their starters for one half, regardless of the score? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I know I've been talking bad about Alcoa's secondary this year and lord knows they've given up some big plays, but I honestly think it's the scheme that Nix is calling. He seems to be playing alot of man to man coverage with players that aren't fast and athletic enough to play man coverage. Cobb is the only db I'd trust playing press man, but I'm not the coach so what do I know?

Something that hasn't been talked about is the outcome the coaches may have on this game. These are two very well coached teams, and the game plan and adjustments could be crucial. Of course, the players will play the game, but it should be interesting to see the point-counterpoint from the respective coaching staffs. Everybody knows of Alcoa, and Coach Rankin is a legend in this area (Middle Tennessee) but I think DCA has a fantastic staff and if I'm not mistaken, haven't they made the playoffs something like 20 straight years? Could get interesting!!

yes, Rankin is a good coach, it makes things a lot easier when he was at Murf-River to coach when you had 1000 kids to chose from and 85 players on the football team, and only 2-3 at the most playing both ways. not to mention some of the 5A schools at the time were alittle weak

When they do some serious scouting, the d-line is incredible (CAK round 2). It looked they knew every play CAK was calling, and they were on top of them in a heartbeat.

Let's hope they'll do the same with DCA, afterall, they've had the luxury of having 2 weeks to get ready for them! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

When they do some serious scouting, the d-line is incredible (CAK round 2). It looked they knew every play CAK was calling, and they were on top of them in a heartbeat.

Let's hope they'll do the same with DCA, afterall, they've had the luxury of having 2 weeks to get ready for them! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

DCA will give Alcoa a couple things that they have not seen, maybe they can catch them looking ahead a bit. A couple big teams around here got dumped the last couple weeks, it happens! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

My point exactly why are you still talking then. If this thread is for Alcoa and DCA then you need not be talking. Its funny you get pounded then want to hop on that band wagon and talk like you are Alcoa's players agent. My question is this? If you would have beat DCA would you still have fallen in love with Alcoa this week? No, the answer is no. So why do it now? Believe me DCA knows that this game is going to be toughest game of the season and by far the best opponent they have seen. I just wish they would have had a better warm up game the week before you know. Good Luck to the cats this Friday.

ha,ha,ha,ha,lol thats funny! DCA NEEDED A BETTER WARM UP GAME, he got you on the asby! true ! I think the boys from donelson will be ready for this one. they will not lay down to the tornadiac action friday night, and if they play smart,hit em hard, who knows--goliath has fell before. just ask michigan. play hard and bring em down go DCA!!!

yes, Rankin is a good coach, it makes things a lot easier when he was at Murf-River to coach when you had 1000 kids to chose from and 85 players on the football team, and only 2-3 at the most playing both ways. not to mention some of the 5A schools at the time were alittle weak

come on and be tuthful,he has got it easier at alcoa than he did at riverdale. why do you think he came there? the recruiting is much better at alcoa!