Mckenzie Host Mt. Pleasant

HomeyTheClown

I certainly know Mt. Pleasant isn't a one man team, it's an eleven man team. It's going to be a hard fought contest, it is indeed the semi finals and neither team got here by just pure stroke of luck. Two Mr. Football's in this contest, Carr and Dailey, and Friday we'll see whose team has the better Mr. Football. I believe that most likely the team to strike blood first, will win.

I hope to see a packed house.

Edit:

If you're really good on the passing game, then you might expose one of McKenzie's weaknesses. I believe TCA was probably the best passing team McKenzie has faced all year, but I may be wrong on that, it might actually have been Trenton.

Carr hasn't won Mr. Football yet. He's just a finalist. Marco has won the award and is a two time finalists and has about 9,000 yards total offense for his career. As a freshman, he scored the only TD on 15-0 DCAs defense. McKenzie isn't better than DCA was that year. Dailey will score, more than once I'd wager.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is that saying Trenton and Union City is the only good competition McKenzie has faced and the region and the rest of the competition is weak? What have we got to compare to on what the Rebels have faced through out the year?

Have they faced off against good teams like Jo Byrns, Cascade, Wayne County, Collinwood, etc.?

Or are the teams the Rebels faced more like Zion, CA, West Carroll, Gleason and Halls?

Any team can have all the stats and big defensive numbers they want to against small caliber competition.

I also noticed that the Rebels starting RB has 1079 yards rushing while mTp's leading rusher has almost 3 times that with 2447 yards and mTp's second rusher with 701 yards. The Rebels second rusher Johnson with 300 yards.

The stats without a doubt say the Rebels will pass more than run. I hope mTp prepares for that well and #1 David Brown gets turned loose after the QB and #88 and #74 stays in front of Carr towering high in his face making him scramble more than pass. Kind of hard to pass with two over 6 ft 3 inchers lineman in your face holding their hands up in the air.

Actually, Union City wasn't all that great. There were circumstances probably unknown to most folks surrounding that game. Trenton was a great team, not just good. Fayette Academy and TCA were really good teams that McK has faced in the recent memory. Huntingdon was a fair team this year, not a good as they traditionally are. Minus the region they are in, McKenzie always schedules the traditionally tough 2A teams. It is really indeed hard to make comparisons between teams in the Middle and West when they haven't played any familiar teams, but everybody has their good teams and bad teams and you just have to make due with what you got.

As far as I know, McKenzie's starting running back has roughly somewhere around 1200 yards.

Carr has over 2000 yards passing. Carr is also a scrambler, he's also the second leading rusher with 400-450 yards.

Like I said, this will be good game. There's speed all around and powerful defenses, this will be a contest to see. Hopefully it will be one of the best games in the state.

Sounds like McKenzie has the better team. Better offense, better defense, better ranking, more respect, better coaching. What are gonna do about it MP? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Lol, I don't know how the media treats MP in Middle TN, but I'll definately say McKenzie gets little respect here in West Tennessee. People in the media still tend to dog McKenzie considering for years McKenzie wasn't all that great and apparently people still haven't got out of that habit.

Seems like McKenzie stopped him just fine in the scrimmage last year. Marco may be good, but guess what, so is McKenzie's defense. Okay...you say Marco is better than last year, well, so is the McKenzie defense, I guess that means they both cancel out huh?

Marco is no Kendal Harper by any comparison and McKenzie did a decent job against him, not great, but did okay. McKenzie will stop Marco from running around and having a field day. He may break a few here and there, but McKenzie will contain him and take the W.

You're wrong. He moves like Harper in the open field. Maybe a tenth of second slower in the 40. He's legit 4.5 flat though.

No need in really arguing over stupid stats but either way I'll go ahead and post the stats. As of the Fayette Academy game, Carr had 1947 yards, add the TCA game which he had 222, that puts him at 2169.

I'll admit I was off on his rushing but as of the Fayette Academy game he had 357 yards rushing add TCA of 21 yards he has 378 yards.

I've seen film on Dailey and from what I can tell on film, he's quick indeed but I don't believe hardly anybody can compare to Harper.

Which film? McEwen, Cascade, or Jo Byrns

Umm, I'm not entirely sure, I think the film I saw was the Fairview game from earlier in the year.

Agreed!!!

That's not really a good game where he got to show off his speed. Fairview has a good D though. Held Camden to 14pts. Watch the McEwen film and see that 65 touchdown run and the run where he broke 5 tackles up the middle. Very Harper-like when the line gives him some space.

I cant wait for this one to get started.... So i dont have to hear these Mckenzie fans anymore...... Stop marco if you can.... But while your TRYING to stop marco.... You'll be seeing the back of Bubba Cliftons jersey goin down the sideline for 60 yards..... Keep thinking Mt. Pleasants a one man team and you'll be turning in your pads monday...

Guess what if you don't want to hear the Mckenzie fans you can turn the computer off. We are not going away. How many carries did Bubba get when your quarterback got 40+ carries. I have looked at some of the weak teams that scored in the 15 to 20 something range against you. You will see a different monster friday night. Our starting running back won't get 40+ carries during the game. Our quarterback won't throw 30+ times during the game. What you will get is a stable of 4 running backs with the hammer bruising you for 2 and half quarters then the lighting will be inserted when your defense has gotten worn down. This is the most balanced offense you will ever see. You put 8 in the box we will throw over the top (ask Tca). If you sit back for the pass we will run it down your throats with our strong line blocking for the backs. Now for our defense I don't think Marco could be better than Harper @ peabody. This kid can throw and run. We have faced weathers @ Huntingdon and Jordan @ Bruceton and last time I checked these kids were as good as anyone in the state. Im not trying to put your team down you are here for a reason but we haven't played in a 4 quarter game since September because we have the best conditioned athletes in the state. 4th quarter comes and it is ours. You better be up a couple of touchdowns to have a chance. Good luck and have a safe trip. go rebels