Mckenzie Host Mt. Pleasant

HomeyTheClown

Bob's BBQ & Hig's Restaurant on HWY 22

LePonta (sp) Steak House, Mexican Restaurant on Hwy 79 (Highland Drive) also McDonalds and Dairy Queen.

Better yet click on restaurants on your GPS when you get to McKenzie. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I hope this is a hard hitting injury free ballgame. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go Rebels

If coming into McKenzie on Hwy. 22, Hig's is right where you turn to come in to the stadium. Bob's BBQ is right past the turn about 500 yards. Both restaurants and the turn are on the left!! All the others mentioned are sprinkled down Hwy. 79 South (McKenzie exit off Hwy. 22). The concession stand burgers are usually pretty good too. Have a good and safe trip!

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang Bigby I Never Said I Was The Smartest. I'm The Most Smart -Arsed. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey I'm With Ya Bigby, Actually That's What TCA Thought As Well. But Our Defense Stopped Em. And We Scored Early And Often. And Then They Got Behind And Running Out Of Time. So The Passing Started And The Defense Stopped Them As Well. Then The Flood Gate Opened And 48 Points Later The Game Finally Wound Down. So Yes Your Idea Will Work Until We Stop Ya. And You Better Hope Your Defense Stops Us Or We Shoot Ourselves In The Foot And Help Ya. Or You'll Get Behind And With Not Enough Time To Run And Recover. So The Key To Winning For MTP Is to Score Everytime Ya'll Touch The Ball. And Hope You Stop A Couple Of Our Drives Then Your Ok. But Fail And The Flood Gate Will Hit Ya.

I thought TCA was a big passing team anyways? Who was their RB and his numbers on the year?

But I'll keep it plain and simple. If the Rebels defense is good enough to stop what hasn't been stopped yet. Then my hat's off to McKenzie and by all means you guys should move on. How's that?

Oh, just for the ones bringing up the JCS game last year. Even JCS wasn't stopping the 4 set backfield WHEN mTp ran it. And coach basically only ran it in the red zone. mTp was only getting stopped in the open field spreading ourselves out. I wanted and was hoping coach would run the "Jumbo" type offense the rest of the game but I guess we all live and learn. But whatever he's going to do I'll stick by it. This program is only getting better. IMO.

So they are correct. Thanks for telling me that. And also, when I reread my post, it seems as if I might have came off saying that Carr was no good. In no way am I saying that he is no good, or he is not as good as Spann. I just wanted to see the comparison.

You have hit on McKenzie's strenght here. Carr could have easily done more passing but, didn't need to. The balance that the Rebels have and the fact that we aren't a one or two or even three star team is why. Normally, the Rebels are all about getting a lead and then going into ball control from there. Pretty good at both too!

You have hit on McKenzie's strenght here. Carr could have easily done more passing but, didn't need to. The balance that the Rebels have and the fact that we aren't a one or two or even three star team is why. Normally, the Rebels are all about getting a lead and then going into ball control from there. Pretty good at both too!

Ball control is huge in High School football since there is no status rankings that even matter. Just win! Whether by 1 point or by 50 pts. Doesn't matter! I think Mckenzie will shut down Marco D. and win by 14.

MP is really playing some great ball right now!! They seem to be playing with a chip on their shoulder, playing VERY PHYSICAL football!! The offense against JB was interesting, JB stacked the line and put Marco in a bubble it seemed, there was not many holes but the O line was able to stay on blocks long enough for Marco to pick his way and dig out 3,4,and 5 yard runs all night!! Then one little crease and there he goes for 50!!

Everyone knows what Marco brings but i think this games comes down to turnovers, and penalties!! In just about every game you will see deep in the playoffs, it comes down to who makes the least amount of mistakes! MP has done well with winning the turnover battles, but must do better with limiting the penalties!! Go MP!!

There are a lot of good posts and points made on here so far. We're not used to having this much traffic on our threads but, it is that time of year too. I will assure all those MP faithful that the Rebels are not overlookin them in the least. We aren't prone to doing that or we wouldn't be talking to ya'll now.

There won't be any McKenzie posters on here absolutely posting the demise of MP this coming Friday night even though I do believe the Rebels can and will pull out a win. In class A we are down to the Final 4, 'nuff said. McKenzie believe's in our team and MP believes in ya'lls team. the rest are along for the ride and more than welcome in the whole deal. Opinions won't matter Friday night. Reality will matter. Whoever is the most real will be smiling Saturday morning. The Rebels are about as real as it gets!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We're hoping for a good, injury free game and to all the Mt. Pleasant fans and team, have a good and safe trip over to "our house". Things are gonna be rockin' at Rebel Field again Friday night.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I thought TCA was a big passing team anyways? Who was their RB and his numbers on the year?

But I'll keep it plain and simple. If the Rebels defense is good enough to stop what hasn't been stopped yet. Then my hat's off to McKenzie and by all means you guys should move on. How's that?

Oh, just for the ones bringing up the JCS game last year. Even JCS wasn't stopping the 4 set backfield WHEN mTp ran it. And coach basically only ran it in the red zone. mTp was only getting stopped in the open field spreading ourselves out. I wanted and was hoping coach would run the "Jumbo" type offense the rest of the game but I guess we all live and learn. But whatever he's going to do I'll stick by it. This program is only getting better. IMO.

Actually from what I saw last night, TCA was not a balanced team against top notch opponents!!! The QB was not a very good passer at all and because of the offense thay use they actually had 2 RB's on the field (one set up as a slot back more or less!) They were advertised as balanced but, in reality we only saw two balanced team all season. Trenton Peabody (who is in the semi's this week in AA also) and Union City. But, we're down to "run what ya' brung" time now and there is no time to change.

As for stopping what hasn't been stopped, the Rebels stopped Chad Jordan from Bruceton the last two season and nobody else did. This season he only had 65 yards rushing on us and our QB had 85 yards rushing!!! Pretty similar last season but, last season doesn't matter. My ONLY point is the Rebels are capable of the task on any given night.

I expect a good game this week. These two teams are familiar with each other from pre season scrimmages so it could get interesting.