Mckenzie Host Mt. Pleasant

HomeyTheClown

Mt. Pleasant and McKenzie both have quality football programs. It is disgraceful for posters to try to discredit either team. Neither team got here by magic, they both had to EARN the right to play this deep in the playoffs. I am looking for two class teams to leave it all on the field Friday night. Two communities that are proud of their teams will also be respectful of the other team, coaches and fans. One team will advance to the championship game and the other team can hold their head high as they will know that they are a good team, but on this night they got beat by a better team. Good luck to both teams and I hope this is an injury free football game. How unusual is it for two Mr. Football finalist to play on the same field for so much at stake.

Marco Daily and Derek Carr are both to be commended for a fine season as is Chad Jordan from Bruceton. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GO REBELS!!!!

Now that's class! Great post!

T-87, you responded to it well!

The only thing I can add is; I thought Butchie was the smartest poster from McKenzie???? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GO TIGERS!

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, can someone give some stats for Carr and company? The Tennessean must be wrong, because it has Spann looking way better than Carr. According to The Tennessean...

Spann has completed 153 of 210 passes, for 2,345 yards (cool number when you think about it) and 29 touchdowns.

Carr has completed 106 of 190, for 1,840 yards and 15 touchdowns, and 1 2 point conversion.

Are these correct? If so, Spann would have the better completion rating, better yard per pass and completion rating, and more yards and touchdowns. I am being honest when I say that I think these are incorrect. Can anyone shed any light? I am really curious.

Just trying to judge off of the last 2 years in the playoffs: It seems that regions 7 and 8 throw the ball a little more throughout the regions and may have a little better pass defense because they play more pass offense. The difference in stats may not be as great considering the defenses. I would go into the game expecting a better QB than Spann. That way you won't be deceived.

I have said it all along teams from Regions 5 and 6 are not as good as teams from Regions 7 and 8. The last 3 years the semi-finals have not been close. This year will be no different. I am not putting down any team from Region 5 are 6. I am sure Mt.Pleasant is a good team but they are not good enough to get past the semi's. Mckenzie wins this game by 3 touchdowns.

Now that's class! Great post!

T-87, you responded to it well!

The only thing I can add is; I thought Butchie was the smartest poster from McKenzie???? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GO TIGERS!

Dang Bigby I Never Said I Was The Smartest. I'm The Most Smart -Arsed. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

You hit the nail on the head though, the coaches are sold on the Marco Dailey show. It is too late in the season to expect if Marco is stopped that someone else will be able to step up. Mt. Pleasant has athletes to compete with anyone in 1A, however there coaching is behind. Why not develop a QB besides Dailey to put back there with him. I see endless possibilities with that talent but they don't use it. The Fairview defense you guys saw was not the same one that played at the end of the season. Two totally different defenses, you guys took it to us that game. I don't think that would happen again, but that night it did.

I see McKenzie spreading out the Tigers and moving down the field all night. The Rebels defense will be very similar to Lewis Co., they will hit you and are disciplined. Dailey will not run 42 times in this game, I promise you that. I may be wrong on this one and usually root for Middle TN teams but I see Mckenzie winning this one.

I have said it all along teams from Regions 5 and 6 are not as good as teams from Regions 7 and 8. The last 3 years the semi-finals have not been close. This year will be no different. I am not putting down any team from Region 5 are 6. I am sure Mt.Pleasant is a good team but they are not good enough to get past the semi's. Mckenzie wins this game by 3 touchdowns.

MP has heard this story for two weeks in a row and they keep winning. MP fans there is no need to defend it anymore, especially to fans whos teams would love to have MP offense and be in the semi finals. During the regular season MP had the targets on thier backs and although they won they didnt perform as well as they would have liked. In the playoffs (other than round 1) they have been the underdog and it seems to have lit a fire and MP is on a roll. So to all they nay sayers, keep up with the "one man show" "lack of coaching" "region 6 is weak" the Tigers seem to be feeding on it. My favorite word everyone who is against MP is "IF". If you stop this or if they used this, why dont you just say "IF" MP gets beat our team has a better shot to win the championship.

The "JUMBO" package, "POWER RUN", whatever any coach likes to call it, I like it. Ground and pound, eat up the clock and chains. Good ole smash mouth football. Clock control and ball control will help you win games a lot. I've said it once and I'll say it again, you put a kid like Marco behind 3 or 4 lead blocks and he'll get you yards every time, slowly, but surely. Stack 'em all in a box and stop it if you can.

But hey, don't listen to me. mTp was supposed to be out by the 1st or 2nd and yea, the 3rd round. Just keep listening to those that have no respect for mTp's program. The " One Man Show'ers". They know all about it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GO TIGERS!

Hey I'm With Ya Bigby, Actually That's What TCA Thought As Well. But Our Defense Stopped Em. And We Scored Early And Often. And Then They Got Behind And Running Out Of Time. So The Passing Started And The Defense Stopped Them As Well. Then The Flood Gate Opened And 48 Points Later The Game Finally Wound Down. So Yes Your Idea Will Work Until We Stop Ya. And You Better Hope Your Defense Stops Us Or We Shoot Ourselves In The Foot And Help Ya. Or You'll Get Behind And With Not Enough Time To Run And Recover. So The Key To Winning For MTP Is to Score Everytime Ya'll Touch The Ball. And Hope You Stop A Couple Of Our Drives Then Your Ok. But Fail And The Flood Gate Will Hit Ya.

I don't know anything about McKenzie except that they are 12-1. That speaks for itself. But i promise you that DeMarco Daily is the real deal. If you can't stop him You CANNNOT beaT THE TIGERS.

I'm Sure That's True. And Like Everyother Team That Has Tried And Failed. Mckenzie Is Gonna Have A Try At Her Friday Night. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 And Our Only Loss Was To 2A Trenton Who Plays Next Week Also.