Mckenzie Host Mt. Pleasant

HomeyTheClown

I do believe we heard the same type comments from Mt. Pleasant fans last year and we know the result. Marco is all you guys have. If you take him off the field, you are probably not a playoff team or a 4 seed at best. You have no passing game. McKenzie will have the best coaching staff you have faced all year. They will stop Marco from beating them, question is does Mt. Pleasant having anyone that is going to step up? I don't think they do, just like last year.

I would venture to say this McKenzie teams is just as good or maybe even better than the JCS squad you faced last year. Mt. Pleasant hasn't faced a QB like Carr all year and I believe he will have a field day. McKenzie would be a playoff team in 2A this year. That is how good they are. McKenzie has seen athletes just as good if not better than Marco all year and they have no problem shutting them down except for Harper and Co. from Peabody. But see with Peabody it is Harper and Co. with Mt. Pleasant it is the Marco Daily show and that is it.

One mTp fan here that is not over looking McKenzie one bit. I sure hope it is not the same result as it was last year with JCS. South Pitt, Hampton, McKenzie & Mt Pleasant did not make it this far by waving a magic wand. I hope mTp coaches and players will come into Friday nights game with their A game on I am sure McKenzie will do the same for Mt Pleasant because both teams have a mission set. Good luck to both teams.

Carr is better than Spann?

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One mTp fan here that is not over looking McKenzie one bit. I sure hope it is not the same result as it was last year with JCS. South Pitt, Hampton, McKenzie & Mt Pleasant did not make it this far by waving a magic wand. I hope mTp coaches and players will come into Friday nights game with their A game on I am sure McKenzie will do the same for Mt Pleasant because both teams have a mission set. Good luck to both teams.

I Don't Think We Need To Start that type Of Debate: Carr/Spann Both Are Good QB's. A Comparison Cannot Be Made Without Similar Teams And Circumstances. I've Seen Both Play. I've Seen Good And Bad In Both. Both Are Very Talented. Spann Doesn't Get Much Recognition FromThe Media As Carr Does Because Nobody That Writes Sports Is Committed to JoByrns.

Yeah, can someone give some stats for Carr and company? The Tennessean must be wrong, because it has Spann looking way better than Carr. According to The Tennessean...

Spann has completed 153 of 210 passes, for 2,345 yards (cool number when you think about it) and 29 touchdowns.

Carr has completed 106 of 190, for 1,840 yards and 15 touchdowns, and 1 2 point conversion.

Are these correct? If so, Spann would have the better completion rating, better yard per pass and completion rating, and more yards and touchdowns. I am being honest when I say that I think these are incorrect. Can anyone shed any light? I am really curious.

I Don't Think We Need To Start that type Of Debate: Carr/Spann Both Are Good QB's. A Comparison Cannot Be Made Without Similar Teams And Circumstances. I've Seen Both Play. I've Seen Good And Bad In Both. Both Are Very Talented. Spann Doesn't Get Much Recognition FromThe Media As Carr Does Because Nobody That Writes Sports Is Committed to JoByrns.

I was just wondering. Spann is a gun slinger.

Sorry, you posted this as I was typing mine. That is a good point, but I am still curious on some stats, if you don't mind. But yes, I realize that there really aren't any common opponents, so it is hard to make comparisons, but still.

Yeah, can someone give some stats for Carr and company? The Tennessean must be wrong, because it has Spann looking way better than Carr. According to The Tennessean...Spann has completed 153 of 210 passes, for 2,345 yards (cool number when you think about it) and 29 touchdowns.Carr has completed 106 of 190, for 1,840 yards and 15 touchdowns, and 1 2 point conversion.Are these correct? If so, Spann would have the better completion rating, better yard per pass and completion rating, and more yards and touchdowns. I am being honest when I say that I think these are incorrect. Can anyone shed any light? I am really curious.

I'd Say Your Correct.

I was just wondering. Spann is a gun slinger.

Yes He Is. And Has Better Stats

Yeah, can someone give some stats for Carr and company? The Tennessean must be wrong, because it has Spann looking way better than Carr. According to The Tennessean...

Spann has completed 153 of 210 passes, for 2,345 yards (cool number when you think about it) and 29 touchdowns.

Carr has completed 106 of 190, for 1,840 yards and 15 touchdowns, and 1 2 point conversion.

Are these correct? If so, Spann would have the better completion rating, better yard per pass and completion rating, and more yards and touchdowns. I am being honest when I say that I think these are incorrect. Can anyone shed any light? I am really curious.

Can Moto or any other JB fans tell me if any schools are looking at Shane Spann? He definatily has the skills to be a college style QB IMO

Mt. Pleasant and McKenzie both have quality football programs. It is disgraceful for posters to try to discredit either team. Neither team got here by magic, they both had to EARN the right to play this deep in the playoffs. I am looking for two class teams to leave it all on the field Friday night. Two communities that are proud of their teams will also be respectful of the other team, coaches and fans. One team will advance to the championship game and the other team can hold their head high as they will know that they are a good team, but on this night they got beat by a better team. Good luck to both teams and I hope this is an injury free football game. How unusual is it for two Mr. Football finalist to play on the same field for so much at stake.

Marco Daily and Derek Carr are both to be commended for a fine season as is Chad Jordan from Bruceton. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GO REBELS!!!!