Henry Co. vs Maplewood

BigRedForLife

You, my friend, are crazy.

How is Melrose not a real team? Their defense HAS to be one of the best in the state. Also, how would you say that Kenwood is better than Henry County? Or CHS & Mt. Juliet for that matter? No disrespect, but to my knowledge none of these teams have played Henry County.

Also, I wouldn't consider Melrose's offense horrible. Although predictable, they had a tall quarterback with a strong arm, along with a fast little scatback. I'll be VERY surprised if Maplewood is very successful running the ball on Henry Co. If they win, it'll be through the air. Please bring up some facts that are true when you want to just flat out say that this won't even be a game.. (btw, hillsboro didn't put up 48).

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, it will be a cakewalk, Henry county, is the best in the west but we all saw how they did against the best team from region 5-6 last year, I saw Maplewood a couple of weeks ago destroy a Kenwood team that is better than Henry county, Maplewood, is bigger, tougher, faster, and just flat out better than Henry county. Melrose had a terrible offense and scored 26 against Henry county, Maplewoods offense will shred the Henry defense to pieces. Melrose was suppose to have a good defense, well Maplewoods just held Hillsboro to 16, that Hillsboro team that scored 48 on you guys last year, fasten your seatbelt Henry county fans, because you all are about to come to a screeching halt.

Maplewood, Hillsboro, Clarksville, Mt. Juliet, and Kenwood are all head and shoulders better than any team from region 7-8,

Henry county has had an easy path to the semi finals for two seasons now but as they did last year, they will get beat on their home field by the first real football team they have faced all year, and they will get beat bad.

Maplewood 41

Henry county 3

Clearly fastcat, you are clueless. You must not have seen any HC games/film this year. Kenwood nor Clarksville was better than the Patriots. Maplewood defense is NOT ANYTHING like Melrose defense - barely comparable as I have seen them both. And all the hype about Melrose offense being lame was incorrect. The defense was as tough as adertised. But their offense was surprisingly good. Plus, one of their touchdowns was defensive and completely an incorrect call. And you better quit living in the past, this defense is not last years. And the offense is MUCH more potent and unpredictable. So I think it is you who needs to fasten your seatbelt. You have not seen speed until you meet #3. Your #5 is fast, but just wait. You guys may be bigger, but not anywhere near faster. But congratulations on beating Hillsboro, that was a real accomplishment and you deserve your seat in the semi-finals. Its going to be yet another classic battle.

Clearly fastcat, you are clueless. You must not have seen any HC games/film this year. Kenwood nor Clarksville was better than the Patriots. Maplewood defense is NOT ANYTHING like Melrose defense - barely comparable as I have seen them both. And all the hype about Melrose offense being lame was incorrect. The defense was as tough as adertised. But their offense was surprisingly good. Plus, one of their touchdowns was defensive and completely an incorrect call. And you better quit living in the past, this defense is not last years. And the offense is MUCH more potent and unpredictable. So I think it is you who needs to fasten your seatbelt. You have not seen speed until you meet #3. Your #5 is fast, but just wait. You guys may be bigger, but not anywhere near faster. But congratulations on beating Hillsboro, that was a real accomplishment and you deserve your seat in the semi-finals. Its going to be yet another classic battle.

Yeah, what the heck were you thinking. Melrose was the be D in state! They've only allowed 49 points the whole year until we scored 27 last, that's half of what they allowed all year! If it wasn't for 4 turnovers Hillsboro had, they'd of stomped you! We acted stupid and allowed 20 easy points, not getting our heads together in the 1st quarter. But we sure played the rest of the game!

Incase you might didn't notice, Wildcat - The team we just beat was huge. They were FAST. There defense was one of the best in the state. Henry County is never a cakewalk.

i agree we've had enough practice all season long and we are a great TEAM and its not going to be a "cakewalk" kind of game....

Indeed, it will be a cakewalk, Henry county, is the best in the west but we all saw how they did against the best team from region 5-6 last year, I saw Maplewood a couple of weeks ago destroy a Kenwood team that is better than Henry county, Maplewood, is bigger, tougher, faster, and just flat out better than Henry county. Melrose had a terrible offense and scored 26 against Henry county, Maplewoods offense will shred the Henry defense to pieces. Melrose was suppose to have a good defense, well Maplewoods just held Hillsboro to 16, that Hillsboro team that scored 48 on you guys last year, fasten your seatbelt Henry county fans, because you all are about to come to a screeching halt.Maplewood, Hillsboro, Clarksville, Mt. Juliet, and Kenwood are all head and shoulders better than any team from region 7-8,Henry county has had an easy path to the semi finals for two seasons now but as they did last year, they will get beat on their home field by the first real football team they have faced all year, and they will get beat bad.Maplewood 41Henry county 3

You are an absolute idiot. For one don't include region 6 in the same category with region 5. all of the region 6 teams except for clarksville are absolutely horrible, and the only reason your kenwood team had a winning season is because they played the weakest schedule in 4-a. Secondly, hillsboro actually put up 42 last year on us. sometimes that football bounces funny ways and it didn't bounce our way last year, that's just football. Also, while our defense might struggle next week we have the best offense in the state of tennessee. it's just so darn hard to figure out who's got the ball. just ask melrose. Lastly, you are just trying to be stupid and get a rise out of folks on here. So just stop posting on the football thread because it's basketball season at kenwood

Oh, and to all yall maplewood fans, yall beat stratford who is 3-8, 12 to 3, we beat a 2-8 raleigh egypt 70-14

no offense but what does this have to do with the game?

You are an absolute idiot. For one don't include region 6 in the same category with region 5. all of the region 6 teams except for clarksville are absolutely horrible, and the only reason your kenwood team had a winning season is because they played the weakest schedule in 4-a. Secondly, hillsboro actually put up 42 last year on us. sometimes that football bounces funny ways and it didn't bounce our way last year, that's just football. Also, while our defense might struggle next week we have the best offense in the state of tennessee. it's just so darn hard to figure out who's got the ball. just ask melrose. Lastly, you are just trying to be stupid and get a rise out of folks on here. So just stop posting on the football thread because it's basketball season at kenwoodno offense but what does this have to do with the game?

How can you say MJ Bears is a horrible team. Take for instance the score of the Clarksville NW scores. HC beat them 49-0 and MJ beat them 41-0. 8 pts difference doesn't make ANYBODY a horrible team. And before you say something stupid like we played our freshmen early, well MJ did too. I hope Maplewood kicks your tail.

You also lost to a 2A team. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You obviously don't know that much about football, since the classifications are based upon the number of students at your school and has nothing to do with the skill/record of your team...

Way to go last night guys! Keep it up /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />