Henry Co. vs Maplewood

BigRedForLife

I've got a question for you folks who, after losing to other teams, will pull the "yea but how many of your players make it to the NFL or D-1 Schools'...what is your point? Archie Griffen won the Heismann Trophy both his Junior and Senior years at OSU but never made it in the pros. I do not remember anyone saying he wasn't a good football player...perhaps he just did not have the body or stamina to play at that level. Such is the same for alot of high schoolers. Some of them are great prep players and may not want to play college due to academic pursuits (God forbid anyone wants to get an education). Just because they don't go on to higher levels, people put them down. But it is usually after they have been b*tch slapped on the field.

I know a bunch of folks in the Knoxville area that get slapped around by Maryville will inadvertantly whine...'yea you beat us, but why aren't they putting kids at higher levels'...we're all proud of any young person that makes it to a higher level...but don't minimize their victories by putting them down

my $.02

great post /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats the spirit golfendude .every team you root for ends up losing(kenwood,clarksville,hillsboro,and now henry county) that sure must have stung .. ..so keep it up .. i never got a chance to run into at the game ..heck ..i didnt know who i was looking for ....but you keep rootin and we keep on moving!!

lol boski i looked for you after the game. Kept asking folks coming by the field house where is boski dude at. As to me picking this team for the win. I believe this one is going to be really good one with the Pats pulling it out in the end. Are you going to this one boski?

I try not to get involved when I don't have a dog in the fight, but you are sadly misinformed about both Henry County and the quality of their opponents. Tell your team to cruise on in to Paris expecting a cakewalk and they're going to experience not only a long, but sad bus ride home. As far as you criticizing Westview, we've put more players in D1 and the NFL than any school on your pathetic schedule and maybe all put together. If you're so convinced of Maplewood's superiority, have your coaches call up Henry County or Westview and schedule a game after next year, as both always have trouble getting people to play. Nah, you won't do that. It's safer to get on some message board and run your fat mouth about teams you've never seen play. If you're lucky, Henry County will only beat you and not humiliate you.

I've got a question for you folks who, after losing to other teams, will pull the "yea but how many of your players make it to the NFL or D-1 Schools'...what is your point? Archie Griffen won the Heismann Trophy both his Junior and Senior years at OSU but never made it in the pros. I do not remember anyone saying he wasn't a good football player...perhaps he just did not have the body or stamina to play at that level. Such is the same for alot of high schoolers. Some of them are great prep players and may not want to play college due to academic pursuits (God forbid anyone wants to get an education). Just because they don't go on to higher levels, people put them down. But it is usually after they have been b*tch slapped on the field.

I know a bunch of folks in the Knoxville area that get slapped around by Maryville will inadvertantly whine...'yea you beat us, but why aren't they putting kids at higher levels'...we're all proud of any young person that makes it to a higher level...but don't minimize their victories by putting them down

my $.02

well i done read all 17 of your stupid-er post ..i know more about this game than you think i do .. and ive played plenty of ball .. i wouldnt talk smack if i didnt feel like myself and my team could back it up .. and take notice that im still talking ... and maplewood is still playing ..what do you have to say about that? and no you didnt play the best defense ..you will meet them this friday night ..and you will meet a few other people friday .. they will introduce themselves to you come game time /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

IF this team is suppose to be so good and Henry Co. don't belong on the field with them, why is it that they have two losses. I really hope that Maplewood is looking ahead like they are just going to come to patriot stadiumj and run alll over HC, like u fans are doing because they are going to be in for a rude awaking.

Prep scout, I am thinking that maybe you should be watching film or something a little more productive than chatting on a fan board, You scouting high school players for which school, does part of your income come from this, or do you just do it for free? I think you are full of eggnog and bourbon. 28-7 that is a laugher, Maplewood is bigger, faster, stronger, and better than Henry county, Hillsboro, Melrose, Sullivan South, and maybe even Maryville. Their D is like nothing that Henry county has ever seen, I thought our defense was good, and it was but wow, that defense of Maplewood, man to man, they are better than Henry county across the board. Oh and chevy, I drive a JEEP, and it is a heck of a lot tougher than your little chevy, now and then.

Advisor, as one of my favorite tv characters said frequently " kiss my grits"

quit talking so much stuff about this team friday is almost here we will see then

lol boski i looked for you after the game. Kept asking folks coming by the field house where is boski dude at. As to me picking this team for the win. I believe this one is going to be really good one with the Pats pulling it out in the end. Are you going to this one boski?

i got to the clarksville game a lil late and we crossed over by the endzone by the trees, i thought i was gonna get a flag for walking in the endzone!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ..and we left out that way .. so i really didnt see many people from clarksville side ..i think i beat them out

and man we trying our best to get down there (2 hour drive from here).. i wish maplewood would bring an extra bus or charter to the game .. id be on it .. but it looks like im going to have to drive.. oh well

Guest Advisor

REELFOOTERS...wait a minute...I resemble that remark /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Oops.....I forgot about you and your stew!! Sorry BigRed84! You know what i meant!

IF this team is suppose to be so good and Henry Co. don't belong on the field with them, why is it that they have two losses. I really hope that Maplewood is looking ahead like they are just going to come to patriot stadiumj and run alll over HC, like u fans are doing because they are going to be in for a rude awaking.

trust me they are not looking ahead ..they looking right at them ..and quite frankly you are in the way ..prepare to get dealt with accordingly just like the rest of them!! after friday you will have 2 losses to so really its no big deal.

MHS

Panther Pride!!!!

And you must be Maplewood. Look, darling, Maplewood. The deadliest football team since Maryville, they say. What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?

You don't even know him.

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.

Guys, now is the time to get that fire in your eyes and the burn in your gut. They think that they are going to come in here and walk all over us...NOT!! We have come too far, played too hard, and laid it all on the line for this shot. Work hard...focus...we will not be denied!!

'Cephus we will move the War Wagon to your part of the party this Friday. Will they let us park over there or will we have to tote our stuff on the field?

Listen...RED SWARM!!! RED SWARM!!! RED SWARM!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Depending on what time you arrive is what determines if you can park by the practice field. You can usually park there alongside the practice field until the lot fills up, then we tote stuff down to the field for the tailgate. If the vehicle is close, then we just pack up right before going to the field. There should be a couple of good fire pits going to keep folks warm too.

I guess Boski thinks all this talk about tailgating is smack talk - come join us Boski, its all good fun and lots of food. Br84, maybe you could be his Huckleberry!!!

Welcome to Paris Prepscout!!! We appreciate the vote of confidence! Obviously with the size and speed of the Panthers, surely they have a few that could help your team! Also, unless you're the guy, there will also be a scout here from a school whose fight song goes, "I'm So Glad, I Go To _ _ _, I'm So Glad, I Go To _ _ _, I'm So Glad, I Go To _ _ _, Glory Hallejuah, I'm So Glad!" Is that you Coach??

I provide a service and website that college coaches can and do subscribe to.....my job is to travel around to high school games and rate players....i have been fortunate to gain alot of respect on the recruiting front from coaches and believe i have one of the best jobs in the world......so to answer your question, no i can do what I want when i want.....i am my own boss........if I want to visit fan boards, i will......you'd be surprised how many names i pick up from message boards........so, no i do not represent any certain school, but as I mentioned earlier, several coaches have asked me to see as many games as possible for a player from Maplewood.......thus, I will be there Frdiay night