Henry Co. vs Maplewood

BigRedForLife

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of off topic, but has anyone talked to coach Gaddis much? Is he approachable?

I have never talked to the man, but that is by my own choice. I retired from coaching in Mississippi, and my wife and I have settled out at the lake in Henry County. I watch practice occasionally, attend most of the games, but stay out of sight. I considered approaching Coach Gaddis after the season about being a "volunteer" coach next year, but my wife is VIOLENTLY opposed tio the idea. But to answer your question, a few guys that I have gotten to know, who are close to the program, say that he is very approachable.

not that I have anything to prove to anyone, but like I said, I frequent several high school message boards and get all kinds of good information from them.........now, last week, I broke my foot and am in an aircast, so I have been frequenting the boards a little more than usual....usually I don't post much.........oops, there goes my cover.......don't look for the guy on crutches friday night........lol

after reading several of your replies, i did revisit my notes on henry county and 2 players, theus and allen will probably play D1, but just not part of my concentration for this weekend......i will also mention this, since Coach Gaddis arrived at henry county, many big name schools have taken notice and inquired about his kids.......i would expect several of his younger players to get recruited in the upcoming years.......when a coach like that arrives at a school.....heads turn

as far as my prediction for friday.......it is pretty simple.......henry county is just a much faster football team and will really exploit the run defense of maplewood.........

I am still not convinced that you are for real, but that is unimportant. What can you tell us about the Maplewood kicking game? What should Henry County be most concerned about, with respect to Maplewood? How good is the Maplewood passing attack? How would you compare the Maplewood defense, to that of Melrose?

Coach Gaddis is very approachable. I have talked to him on several occasions. Very nice man to talk to and genuine. He is a class act in my opinion...as is the rest of his staff.

'Cephus, what do you have on the menu for Friday? We will have some sliced hog, chips, dip, cupcakes, and the like. Might even break out the voodoo juice early...hehehe. Speaking of which it is coming along just fine. This might be the best batch...STOP THAT!! Don't keep pulling the cat tongue out. I don't care what you are wiping with it. Sometimes I feel like the a mother with 11 kids. You should see Michael. He has taken the stirring paddle and knocking the crap out of tennis ball saying, "Here kitty, kitty...WHACK!!"

Boys never mind the crap on here. Just keep the pedal to the metal!! Hard work is what we need!! We want you to MAKE us go to 'BORRO!!

Who ya root'n for - HCHS!!

Guys,guys,guys....you're making us sound like 1A!!! Like Drew, WE ALL know that Clarksville High,Mt.Juliet,Kenwood, and Hillsboro are all solid teams!! Quit making it sound like it's Green Bay versus Lipscomb Elementery! (sorry Lipscomb Nerd!) Let's speak with facts! We ALL know that Fastcat from Kenwood hates Henry County!! And, Fastcat thinks HC had and "easy road" to the semi's! Is there such a thing? Fastcat, Fairley's offense would hang 50 on the THE KNIGHTS and totally embarrass your MARCHING KNIGHT Band! Melrose wouldn't allow ANY Montgomery County school to even sniff the RED ZONE! Let's also air the truth....yes it is true that the Knight's first ever football win came at Patriot stadium! We all know this Fastcat, but it's now basketball season all over Clarksville! We can't wait to see you in ALL District 10-AAA sports just please allow us a couple more weeks before we are totally committed!! Unlike some however, Most realize that the Golden Wildcats have statistically Tennessee's best defense plus, if competing in region 6-4AAAA, WOULD have also HOSTED a first round playoff game! YEEESSS Gerry Bertier, even some coaches are somewhat embarrassed about our egg we laid against the 2A Chargers! Those things happen....it wasn't the first time (Southside the last 2 years) nor will it be the last! We do get a chance to redeem ourselves in 2008 at UTM!

More facts, Hillsboro drilled us last year in our own house! Maplewood CAN do the same!! Will they? I doubt it....but they are definately capable!

You see CoachT brethren, there are no flukes this week nor have there been since week 10!! Spare everyone the who played who and how bad team A beat team B!! If any of that was important, Riverdale would be playing in the 5A title game in 2 weeks! I can't wait to see a GREAT Maplewood squad pull in to Paris Friday night! They WILL be facing one of the best teams in West Tennessee! (have not seen Millington play)

Patriot fans, WE must be careful before we beat our chest and downplay the seasons of other schools. REMEMBER, we have alumni and former players who coach, teach, or have children attending these schools! And tis the norm, most who make these accusations usually know the least about these schools and MOST couldn't even identify their mascots!!

Of course, none of this matters until we get the REAL inside peak into this Friday from THE ALL KNOWING YANKER!!! GO BIG RED!!

From a Maplewood Alum (from the NIL days of the 80's), good post.