Hampton vs. South Pitt

Lord Vader

...We are confident because SP had the same team last year and got manhandled by G-ville, the team that was beaten by FCS and FCS beat us. If SP is so outstanding we would have heard a little something last year...

Thats funny you should mention that. So did FCS and GV. FCS also beat many of these Pirate kids in the 2nd round in 2005 14-13 (SP had a TD called back in that one). That's why I predicted FCS would end up under the Mercy rule. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way you think Old Pirate. I bet SP has had more competitive practices than Hampton is capable of bringing on a good night.

yeah, you're right Hook. We couldn't play dead in a western. I don't know why we are even wasting our time coming to play. Please take it easy on us and let your second string play the game. Let your starters have the night off to stay rested for Murfreesboro.

Your welcome. Hampton fans are not bad mouthing your team. We know you are good, but if we are talking cards remember this.... the cards aren't always dealt the way you would like.

I agree DogTruth. May the best team win. We are no different from you guys. We love our football and are quite passionate about it. I hope you all have a safe trip to and from SP.

Old Pirate says get out of the woods a little more LV. The 06 SP team was heavily talked about last year. The Pirates were extremely young with only 3 seniors who played any and they were in substitute roles. This Pirate team will be a force next year also loaded with sophmores & juniors. OP says truefully, this team could line up 2, yes, 2 teams and beat most.

Lord Vader says get out of the projects a little more OP and realize that your team was manhandled last year. And I definately remember the "heavy talking" that the SP fans were doing last year. I also remember a couple of funny posts about SP from other schools after they were beaten early in the playoffs. HAHA, the SP fans might want to think about all that trash talking and how that turned out last year...

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> SOUTH PITTSBURGS BAND LOOKS TOUGHER THAN THESE GUYS. HOPE U GOT SOME MORE HELP. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

When I see Hampton I think Gomer Pyle or Andy Griffith. When I see SP- I think "Remember the Titans"

When I see Hampton I think Gomer Pyle or Andy Griffith. When I see SP- I think "Remember the Titans"

When I see SP I think Boyz in da Hood...

Happy Valley is a 4-7 team that was not very good this year

looks like there are some pretty horrible teams on your all's schedule too. another case of the pot calling the kettle black...

Another poll. Poles are made to hang wires, fence,uprights,lights, and tie horses to. Other than that they are to entertain the uninformed. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Watch how fast this changes after Friday. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Let me give you a little insight! Poles are opinions!! Whoever gets the most positive opinios WIN!! What you see is numbers that are FACTS!! I've read all the put downs I'm going to sit by and watch!! Great, let's say you score everytime you touch the ball, you still have to stop us, which is not a small feat!! Wonderful your backs are faster than a speeding bullet, your line able to bench press a Mac truck, we get it. BUT, how are you going to stop our offense, stack the middle Irick will knock your chin strap off as he breaks through the line. Count on your speed to prevent us from going outside? We have speed also, along with misdirection. What? Surprised? Jaynes and Milhorn are not only quick, but strong as a bull and guess what, they prefer to deliver a hit rather than receive. Well now we've got a real problem. The Incredible Hulk stopping us at the line of scrimmage and Superman protecting the corners. Gee I think we'll just pass and trust me when I say Newbern and Milhourn will take you to school and take the ball to the house. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Lunsford would just as soon run the ball as pass it. He's very capable of doing either and don't mind taking a lick to get the job done. Let the crap slinging begin!! Let's hear it!! My true feelingis we have got our hands full and have to execute without mistakes to win this one. You guys are tuff, no doubt about it. The differance is, we know what we have to do, we know the Pirates are a top notch team. From the post that I've read and I've read them all, you feel we're wasting our time even showing up. Just keep thinking that and as I said earlier, I HOPE YOUR TEAM IS JUST AS OVER CONFIDENT!! Gooooo Dogs1

it worked earlier in the year when Happy Valley fans were on here talking bad about Roop (just like SOME SP fans are). he came out and destroyed the poor Happy Valley Warriors. i believe it can fire you up even more. ever heard of "bulletin board material?" i think the New England Patriots have been using "bulletin board material" very well this year. they have been using it as motivation to destroy teams...

Happy Valley is a 4-7 team that was not very good this year

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Glad I could put a smile on your face. These folks are way to serious about wanting respect. Sounds like gangs in a big city. Have some fun. Thats what its for folks. This is the most exciting times in these seniors lives. The dont need to be concerned about who respects who. You can win the gold ball and not be respected. That all depends on your actions. Being able to act like Champions is what brings respect. My position is, a true champion is not measured in wins and losses.

Smaller players will have a hard time bringing down SPs FB before he gets 5 yards. He leans forward and drives well. He is fast for his size. Which I might add is miss advertised in weight by the Pirates. Sorry Zone, it wont make any difference if they know. Everyone shaves, and adds weight in the programs. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I'm not sure what is listed at in the program but he is around 6-1, 215. The back-up (also a starting wing) is 6-0, 195