Hampton vs. South Pitt

Lord Vader

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate says.... dog, don't take this post as a Hampton put down. It's just a simply statement by an old pirate who has seen a lot of good pirate teams and even played on several. But this team IMO reminds me a lot of the 93 Pirate team that was beat by TC in the semis. The 93 team had 2 teams that could play. The Pirates graduated 10-11 ? and came back the next year and won the title. The same is similar of the 98 team with Eddie Moore and Dan Merriman who both signed D1 Tenn & Naval Academy. The 98 team was short on seniors much like the 06 pirate team and lost just short of the title game. The SP coaches would probably like to have played that one over. Hampton folks need to keep in mind there are a lot of SP posters pulling an old trick, laughing about rattling the bulldog's cage.

I don't have a cage to rattle lol. just being sarcastic. I am saving my prediction to the end of the week though. However for arguments sake, if I was to predict Hampton 42, South Pitt 0... I bet that would rattle a bunch of cages. You guys think nothing of it when you predict that way, but if Hampton makes a bold prediction, one would think we commited a crime.

playing football wasn't the only thing going on in that movie. we'll come and party with ya'll on our ride back with the gold ball next week...

atta boy vader... sic em

We are just tired of hearing people on here saying SP is unbeatable. SP fans are getting a little carried away. LV is warning the SP nation to pray for the Dogs to have an off night...We are confident because SP had the same team last year and got manhandled by G-ville, the team that was beaten by FCS and FCS beat us. If SP is so outstanding we would have heard a little something last year...

Old Pirate says get out of the woods a little more LV. The 06 SP team was heavily talked about last year. The Pirates were extremely young with only 3 seniors who played any and they were in substitute roles. This Pirate team will be a force next year also loaded with sophmores & juniors. OP says truefully, this team could line up 2, yes, 2 teams and beat most.

He is a hoss. Is he a senior? I bet UT won't let that monster out of their sight. Who else is recruiting him?

Ive seen him play and he cant run at all he stands straight up and no one has worked with him with his foot work or nothing and i bet UT has never heard of the kid /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Old Pirate says get out of the woods a little more LV. The 06 SP team was heavily talked about last year. The Pirates were extremely young with only 3 seniors who played any and they were in substitute roles. This Pirate team will be a force next year also loaded with sophmores & juniors. OP says truefully, this team could line up 2, yes, 2 teams and beat most.

I like the way you think Old Pirate. I bet SP has had more competitive practices than Hampton is capable of bringing on a good night.

just think of hampton as the gang that guns down your football "star" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

and I think that hampton is like permian from friday night lights

their star, adam townsend, goes down last year, they come together as a team and make it deep in playoffs

remember, the next year permian won it all

GO HAMPTON

Lord Vader says get out of the projects a little more LV and realize that your team was manhandled last year. And I definately remember the "heavy talking" that the SP fans were doing last year. I also remember a couple of funny posts about SP from other schools after they were beaten early in the playoffs. HAHA, the SP fans might want to think about all that trash talking and how that turned out last year...

We are focused on Friday Lord Vader. I hope yall keep focusing on "last year"