Independence @ Millington

donathan5507

Now I see why you can't beat independence twice you hillbilly dont get passed grammer school get a life dude ya'll some slaw figure it out chump.

Speaking of grammar, punctuation really works wonders. Then maybe I can figure out the meaning of your post using my Millington to English dictionary. And I don't see how being born in Anaheim and living in Williamson County makes me a hillbilly. I guess I'll just sit in my white-trash 2000 Honda Civic and figure it out.

In a move that may be a little unorthodox, I'm going to make a football-related comment. Millington may be the most athletic team Indy has played all season. They have one of the best backfields in the state and they've won games by running all over the opposing team. That being said, Millington will have to get the passing attack going to break this game open. The teams that have beaten Indy have beaten them with balanced attacks. They've jumped all over one-dimensional teams. They will eventually adjust to the Millington attack if they run to generic.

For Indy to win, they need to put together long-grinding drives. Millington will not allow Indy to break open big plays. Keep in mind that some yards is better than no yards. Don't try to throw a home run, when you have a easy 4-5 yards on the play. Try to keep long drives together and keep the athletic offense off the field. This also keeps the athletic secondary out of the game. Most of all, Heckman needs to be smart with the ball. Do not try to force anything, because the Trojans will take advantage of it.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case some of the folks on here haven't realized all the talk is part of the game, none of it is mean spirited, it is just another reason for the guys to get hyped up for the game! This is an amazing opportunity for these kids just to have a good time, it is obvious that both communities support their teams a great deal! Don't think badly about the players, or the community of Millington! I even have seen people offering to help people find parking and hotels. People even invited others to come to Chilies to have some fun and Pregame! So this has been in good fun! The players as well as the community is having a great time with this, and yes there is occasional trash talk, but as I said earlier its all in good spirits! Im sure that many of the people remember what competition is and along with competition trash talk is going to occur, may not be the best thing but it occurs! As long as it stays in good spirit, then there shouldn't be any problems. Ohh and seriously people typos occur, and slang talk happens, we aren't taking a gramatical test right now! Relax and lets have a good spirited time and watch two great teams play football!

Spartansfan, let me assure you that there is only one current player on here that I know of that is posting and we will take care of that tomorrow. If there are any others, I suggest you use your free time wisely. I am not saying that you can't come on here and post. If you do, act right and with some class.

For anyone else looking for stats, I will post them either later tonight or tomorrow.

Here are the official Indy Offensive stats. Hope they come out OK.

Passing

Player Att Comp Yards TDs Int 2PT

Alex Heckman 106 66 1103 10 2 0

Nick Smith 70 42 374 1 6 0

Zac Cordell 37 15 221 1 1 0

Jeff Veres 2 1 30 1 0 1

Rodney Coffey 1 1 24 1 0 0

Isaac Baugh 1 1 15 1 0 0

Team Totals 217 126 1767 15 9 1

Receiving

Player Receptions Yards Avg/Rec TD 2PT

Isaac Baugh 37 613 16.6 5 0

Jeff Veres 25 412 16.5 5 0

Ben Parker 19 285 15.0 3 0

Alex Reese 21 223 10.6 0 0

Scott Pettigrew 12 135 11.3 0 0

Ryan Consiglio 5 55 11.0 1 0

Rodney Coffey 3 20 6.7 0 1

Matt Hamilton 1 13 13.0 1 0

Adam Leland 1 7 7.0 0 0

Terone Shepherd 1 6 6.0 0 0

Josh Bailey 1 -2 0 0

Team Totals 126 1767 14.0 15 1

Rushing

Player Carries Yards Avg/Att TD 2PT

Scott Pettigrew 198 1273 6.4 21 0

Ryan Consiglio 50 305 6.1 2 0

Alex Heckman 72 228 3.2 3 0

Isaac Baugh 26 120 4.6 1 0

Josh Bailey 10 27 2.7 1 0

Jeff Veres 9 21 2.3 0 0

Brett Meeker 2 19 9.5 0 0

Adam Leland 7 18 2.6 0 0

Cameron Williams 1 1 1.0 0 0

Taylor Adams 1 1 1.0 0 0

Shawn McKay 1 1 1.0 0 0

Ben Parker 1 -4 0 0

Nick Smith 8 -34 0 0

Zac Cordell 5 -38 0 0

Team Totals 391 1938 5.0 28 0

WOW! This thread got pretty entertaining tonight! A couple of observations, IHS fans, please don't refer to Millington as part of Memphis, because I am embarrassed by the representatives that the Trojans have on this board.

I guess Millington's coach let you guys out of practice early, and you have nothing productive to do? Like maybe study? Your grammar is really pitiful! And yes, this is a football message board, but in case you can't figure this out, it's really unlikely many of you will make $$ playing pro ball, so knowing how to speak somewhat properly could be advantageous to your future.

I was one of the local fans pulling for Millington to go all the way. But this batch of trash talk and totally classless attitudes by MHS players has turned me off to you. You notice how IHS isn't over here trash talking? MHS...you lack alot of class!

[/quote

Hey Spartan, I am the one who pointed out that Millington is not in Memphis. I think it is silly to keep saying Memphis when Millington is a city in and of itself. However, we will be proud to represent West TN, Memphis included.

There is only one "suspected" current MCHS player posting on this board. I say "suspected" since it would be very easy to impersonate someone in cyberspace. If you look back, you will see I sent him a strong message to get off this board.

You must not have read the entire thread if you don't see IHS trash talking! I still can't believe their coach actually posted a response to some idiot's comments on how he disrespected the Franklin fans. I don't think any coach should ever legitimize a site like this by replying to some moron's comments. In the end, this is all meaningless fun. Nothing that is said here will have any affect on the outcome of the game.

Root for whomever you like but don't use the lame excuse that MCHS players are on here trash talking. I distinctly remember you talking earlier about how the Trojans showed good sportsmanship last week. Nothing has changed since then. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

WOW! This thread got pretty entertaining tonight! A couple of observations, IHS fans, please don't refer to Millington as part of Memphis, because I am embarrassed by the representatives that the Trojans have on this board.

I guess Millington's coach let you guys out of practice early, and you have nothing productive to do? Like maybe study? Your grammar is really pitiful! And yes, this is a football message board, but in case you can't figure this out, it's really unlikely many of you will make $$ playing pro ball, so knowing how to speak somewhat properly could be advantageous to your future.

I was one of the local fans pulling for Millington to go all the way. But this batch of trash talk and totally classless attitudes by MHS players has turned me off to you. You notice how IHS isn't over here trash talking? MHS...you lack alot of class!

Hey Spartan, I am the one who pointed out that Millington is not in Memphis. I think it is silly to keep saying Memphis when Millington is a city in and of itself. However, we will be proud to represent West TN, Memphis included.

There is only one "suspected" current MCHS player posting on this board. I say "suspected" since it would be very easy to impersonate someone in cyberspace. If you look back, you will see I sent him a strong message to get off this board.

You must not have read the entire thread if you don't see IHS trash talking! I still can't believe their coach actually posted a response to some idiot's comments on how he disrespected the Franklin fans. I don't think any coach should ever legitimize a site like this by replying to some moron's comments. In the end, this is all meaningless fun. Nothing that is said here will have any affect on the outcome of the game.

Root for whomever you like but don't use the lame excuse that MCHS players are on here trash talking. I distinctly remember you talking earlier about how the Trojans showed good sportsmanship last week. Nothing has changed since then. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I knew eventually someone with reason would post here...lol. It is one thing to root for your team, but this was over the top. I thought the Franklin fans were whacked out. I have tried to explain to them that all of the tough talk on a message board will have no affect on our players at all. They'll watch game film and figure out what they have to do to win. And on Friday night I think Indy will win. It is OK to root for your team, but having a little class while doing it never hurt. I will never refer to Millington as Memphis again per you wishes..lol. That was a funny statement. Contrary to all of the tough talk in this thread, we are still coming over to Me...oops sorry, Millington to play a football game on Friday. If they win then they are the better team. I will be rooting for my Eagles to make it to the Boro on the 8th.

It's difficult for people to get an accurate feel for how good a team actually is when there's no common opponents other than IHS did play East. We are familiar with East. But, IHS apparently had a few rough bumps early on in the season, and as the year progressed, they got better. (I think that's the ideal situation, to get better as the year goes on) Apparently, they are playing their best ball now, when it counts for something. So it's pretty presumptuous for anyone to compare stats and records to say one team wil beat the other since there is no common ground of any significance by which we can measure these teams.

And even if there was someway to accurately compare them, I think good sportsmanship and respect for fellow athletes should prevent such trash talk. Hopefully, MHS can get their players heads straightened out on the advantages of showing some class and respect for others.

Lastly, I vividly recall a team (Ravenwood) last season that was 6-4 going into the playoffs that made a heck of a run until they lost to Smyrna in the title game. They came here for the semi's and beat W.S. Their 4 losses were early in the season. They got better.....sounds familiar. I hope IHS team and fans have a safe trip, and that you bring your "A" game. Whoever wins moves on, but I just hope it's not because one team didn't give it their best shot.

I knew eventually someone with reason would post here...lol. It is one thing to root for your team, but this was over the top. I thought the Franklin fans were whacked out. I have tried to explain to them that all of the tough talk on a message board will have no affect on our players at all. They'll watch game film and figure out what they have to do to win. And on Friday night I think Indy will win. It is OK to root for your team, but having a little class while doing it never hurt. I will never refer to Millington as Memphis again per you wishes..lol. That was a funny statement. Contrary to all of the tough talk in this thread, we are still coming over to Me...oops sorry, Millington to play a football game on Friday. If they win then they are the better team. I will be rooting for my Eagles to make it to the Boro on the 8th.

I'll drive thru Nash... ooops, Thompson Station on my way to Murfreesboro next week.

Coaches look at these boards from time to time. A lot of times to see if their players are being stupid. When someone says something about a coach that is flat not true, some people believe it, no matter where it is said. He posted to straighten it out and it also let the Indy players know he is watching in case any of them act like idiots.

There has been trash talking on both sides from trolls on both sides. It cracks me up though that people post that they think is going to actually scare the other posters and players. Some people do take this too seriously though.

No worries. I have followed this thread from day one. I saw the earlier posts as well. My refrence was the posting going on tonight, since the earlier posts seemd to have gotten calmed down. During the week preceeding our game with the Trojans, and including the game itself, yes...Millington, the fans, the team were all good hosts and I didn't witness anything out of line. You all rooted for the team, the team played great and won the the game. They acted like they had class and composure. What I see on the board tonight doesn't reflect that. But again, I think it's a done deal.

I do hope IHS brings their "A" game, as I hope MHS brings theirs. Let the talk be positive and respectful. friday is when everyone finds out which team has that little extra.