Perry County Football

Stat_pack1

You do have to give them time.....new coaches and new system...should start to see signs of improvement this coming year. As long as the numbers are up they should do well. A winning record, a playoff appearance would stir the community up. Lets hope this next year will be the start.

time? from what i hear, as long as the team is under achieving, then the coaches will have all the time they want.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you become so smart?If you are who I think you are You were only kid I know to drive to middle school.Yall went to bowl game and you was to old to play 15 or 16 in middle school.On top of that you never got over 120 lbs and thought you was gods gift to football.You need to give these coaches 1 or 2 more years before we all can decide in or out with them.

your not as smart as u think u r. and anebody who is a pc fan woud not wont them to have anoter season like they did this year. bradly went 4-6 last yr and probly coud have gone at lest 5-5 this yr. but pc is probly stuck with this coach anway cause nobodhy esle woud take tha job now.

your not as smart as u think u r. and anebody who is a pc fan woud not wont them to have anoter season like they did this year. bradly went 4-6 last yr and probly coud have gone at lest 5-5 this yr. but pc is probly stuck with this coach anway cause nobodhy esle woud take tha job now.

I am sure many people would want the job, there is alot of talent on this upcoming squad. Also, all of the talk of another coach would leave the team in a similar situation from last year. Even great coaches need a couple of years to completely put their system into good effect. Look up any of the top coaches in Tennessee, their first seasons were not very good, and where there has been a good season for a first year coach, they have usually picked up where the last coach left off..... with the same offense and defense, anyone with a good knowledge of the game knows these things take time.

Sylvester Croom is now the Hero at Mississippi State, does anyone know his records before this year?

PC has good talent on the team now and coming up. next seasons juniors and seniors have had a lot of playing time over the past two seasons since they were freshmen. they should be comfortable with the system and play to thier potential next year.

I heartily agree; these guys have a good bit of experience & I'm sure they're working hard in the off season. Now that they have a season in this particular offense/defense under their belts they should be much improved.

That being said, it may or may not necessarily translate into a playoff berth...the Vikings could be much improved and still not have a winning record, but as long as they play well and execute to the best of their abilities they could make things interesting within the region.

You would have to figure that Pleasantville (post Marco) would still be a region favorite along with Collinwood, Wayne Co & Moore Co. Cornersville has also made a lot of improvement... it should be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost the whole coaching staff is from Hickman Co, which I assume is how Dawgsfan71 seems to know so much about what's going on in Perry County.

Head coach: Michael Harrison (from HC)

Asst head coach: Caleb Dunkle (baseball coach from PC)

Asst coach: Chris Wright (from HC)

Asst coach: Billy Sawyer (from HC)

Asst coach/intern: R.E. McDonald (college student, from Lewis Co)

Asst coach: Glyn Mercer (from PC, also helps coach middle school)

That's the most coaches I ever remember Perry County having, and the worst season we ever had (0-10).

As to whether any of this will change or not, who knows, this is Perry County. This time last year, we would have said that Coach Bradley would be around for years to come, but the powers that be had other ideas, so I really can't make any predictions. Apparently Dawgsfan71 thinks he has some inside information or something, but since he is from Hickman County, I don't know how he could. We here in Perry County have learned to just take it as it comes.

Again not Changing....Coach Harrison will have them on track soon!!!! It was a year of firsts for him and his staff. The next thing people need to realize is Perry County is a basketball town, just be glad you have a football team. Coach Harrison will change that and BUILD a good program. He did not have much time this past year. You all will see how much he puts into this program next year.

From the Hickman County source....and I don't even live there!! LOL