York vs. Pickett

R3V0LU710N

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good game. I don't exactly know what York has, but I've heard they are pretty good. I think PC can win this game, whether they do or not, I just don't know.

I Agree. PC has the talent to win but wether or not they play like they want it is a different story. With TC out for at least one more game I would have to give the edge to York but I believe since its being played at the wheelhouse I predict PC by 5.

Great game last night Dragons. Wasn't going to bring it up but since Cokie mentioned it here it goes. If I remember right, Coach Matney found Newbaker walking the halls at York and asked him about playing ball. I remember him looking real goofy when I walked in and saw him shooting. It was even worse when he started practicing. You couldn't doubt he would work hard though. Obviously Coach saw something in him and looks like he was right. Just another example of why he should have been given the shot at being the coach of a team he helped build. York fans have him to thank for finding the guy who put up 30+ on Pickett last night. You guys made him and the rest of us former players proud last night. You did something we had had problems doing. You can do it again later even when Capps is back if you keep working hard.

Go Dragons!

York Institute was on FIRE last night!!! Newbaker had the game of his life....WOW! Pickett has a strong team and knocks down the 3 pointers like it's nobody's business, but I hear they were just in shock that York was answering back point after point! York is on a winning streak, so the Livingston matchup should be a goooood one! I hope I can make it to see that one!

York Institute was on FIRE last night!!! Newbaker had the game of his life....WOW! Pickett has a strong team and knocks down the 3 pointers like it's nobody's business, but I hear they were just in shock that York was answering back point after point! York is on a winning streak, so the Livingston matchup should be a goooood one! I hope I can make it to see that one!

That was the best I've ever seen a York team play...I'm a fan of both schools so I'm happy for either to win. I just wonder what York would have been like all these years if Coach Wright had been coach...already he's shown he's coach of the year. Coach Matney should be credited for finding Newbaker but Newbaker would have been in and out any game three dozen times if the coaching didn't change and look at the talent that was driven off. York never had a starting 5, never left players in long enough to get rolling and their past record showed it. They have always had equal talent to Pickett Co. but in the last dozens seasons it's been something like 20 wins for Pickett vs 5 for York, or close to that. A big school like York should have dominated, not Pickett. I'm just very happy to see York off to a GREAT start and hope they whip Livingston! Pickett seems to play ever other game. They looked great against Grace, pretty good against White, horrible against Livingston, only played half a game against Cumberland Co. and won big in the 2nd half and looked awful against York. They had to be at their best to beat York, so a blowout like last night isn't a surprise.

Agree with alot of that bobcat, but that's my point. You can't say Newbaker would have been in and out because Coach Matney wasn't given the chance to show what he could or would do. What people don't understand is that he and Coach E were a lot different. They didn't always agree completely about things, but Coach Matney did what he was supposed to. He gave his thoughts on things, Coach E made the final decision, and Coach Matney supported his head coach. That's what made him a great assistant and that's why so many of us players are loyal to him. I've never said Coach Wright wouldn't do a good job. I think he will do fine. But my position has been and will always be that a man loyal to this school and to the program was not given the chance to prove that he could as good as or better than Coach Wright. That would have given both football and basketball 2 good coaches instead of one coach spread too thin between both. Not to mention the whole education thing with losing a great math teacher. Even Coach Wright couldn't replace him in the classroom. No one there could.