L.C. Falcon Football 2008

FlyingFalconMom

I know that football has only been over just a couple of weeks, but I am already hearing chat about next years team not being near as good as this years for the following reasons: (i) We are losing some outstanding seniors (ii) we are losing 19 seniors out of 50 players (iii) Coaching has stalemated and (iv) younger group not as talented since they haven't been worked with as much.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that football has only been over just a couple of weeks, but I am already hearing chat about next years team not being near as good as this years for the following reasons: (i) We are losing some outstanding seniors (ii) we are losing 19 seniors out of 50 players (iii) Coaching has stalemated and (iv) younger group not as talented since they haven't been worked with as much.

Any thoughts?

I think the team will still be pretty strong next year, yeah you are losing players but that just means the others will have to step up. I dont know how you figure coaching has stalemated??? Coach T is the best, you couldnt ask for better line coaches than Coach Low or Coach Thompson. With Coach Blade, Coach Smith, and coach Mac on defense they will still be strong. And the younger group hasnt been worked? They practiced just like everybody else. The sophomore scout team ran against our 1st and 2nd defense and offense everyday. O and since you didnt get to answer MY quarterback WHO ARE YOU???? You were talked about in the locker room a couple of weeks ago but it kind of faded away UNTIL you bashed him. We all know you have a son on the team, he was a sophomore and evidently he didnt play as much as you thought he should have. Well guess what HE WAS A ROOKIE and he still has 2 more years. There were other rookies that didnt play but you are the only parent who will come on here, while hiding behind a name, and talk about OUR coach and QB.

I think the team will still be pretty strong next year, yeah you are losing players but that just means the others will have to step up. I dont know how you figure coaching has stalemated??? Coach T is the best, you couldnt ask for better line coaches than Coach Low or Coach Thompson. With Coach Blade, Coach Smith, and coach Mac on defense they will still be strong. And the younger group hasnt been worked? They practiced just like everybody else. The sophomore scout team ran against our 1st and 2nd defense and offense everyday. O and since you didnt get to answer MY quarterback WHO ARE YOU???? You were talked about in the locker room a couple of weeks ago but it kind of faded away UNTIL you bashed him. We all know you have a son on the team, he was a sophomore and evidently he didnt play as much as you thought he should have. Well guess what HE WAS A ROOKIE and he still has 2 more years. There were other rookies that didnt play but you are the only parent who will come on here, while hiding behind a name, and talk about OUR coach and QB.

Falcon mom muttered something bad about coach Thompson in a previous thread. I'm guessing, by her comments, she has a younger son on the team that didn't get much playing time and didn't get worked with as much as SHE though he should have. Most people in Falcon Country realize this, but obviously some don't, Coach Thompson is one of the best if not the best in the buisness. Stalemated? If you call running the same stuff pretty much every year stalemated then I guess your right....but it WORKS! ... Teams would kill for the stability and excellent coaching that you have...Get a clue.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

in hs you play with the talent that shows up - sometimes good sometimes average or bad. in most cases talent wins

lc is down talent wise especially as it relates to over all team speed.

playing in their region and winning it is fools gold (not calling lc fools just a term) it is by far the weakest 5a region.

coach thompson obvioulsy knows more about coaching than most and when some talent cycles through lc will be fine.

however in objective person would have to say their offense has become stale and predictable but from what lc folks have said it is because he doesn't have the talent to open it up more.

Any thoughts?

You may be a Falcon Mom but you sure don't sound much like a Falcon Supporter. Coach Louis Thompson is one of the BEST and most RESPECTED coaches in Tennessee and we are lucky to have him at Lincoln County.

Your son has a t-shirt that Coach Thompson gave to each player this past season; it has "Team" in great big letters and "ME" in smaller letters underneath. I think someone needs to explain to you what that t-shirt means.

Obviously, I have been misunderstood. I never said anything about my son not playing. He never said anything about not playing. He loves Coach T, however, I come from a completely different coaching background and from what I have been told, Lincoln counties coaching used to be tighter in the past years. ei. Another parent with a child on the team told me that a couple of years ago the team came out together, in step, or something similar, can't remember the exact words, but he said now, they look disorganzied and scattered coming out at half time with some players almost intermingling with the other team.

I value Coach T greatly as a person and a leader and do personally know him. He trained under one of the greats, no doubt about that. You are telling me nothing new. I am not putting down anyone as I have been done here, but just stating a fact as was stated earlier. Sometimes when you are in the same position for so long, it is the same o' same o and you tend not to care as much....that it all. Stalemate. Bored more or less. Happens to the best of ANY coach.

Lincoln County has a lot of talent, but that talent has to be brought out. The best example of that talent not being used properly was last years NGA team. They should have never lost a game. LCHS has a ton of talent and I believe with some restored school pride along with perhaps some new blood, either in assistant coaching or what not, we can get back to where we were. School pride doesn't mean being one of the crowd. It means being the one to say, "hey, is there a reason why?"

I have no idea what you are talking about "Get to answer MY quarterback WHO ARE YOU?" I didn't bash anyone either. So I am not sure what you are talking about. Are you upset because I am the only one that says things when everyone else just whispers them up in the stands? These things are not just from one mouth, but many mnay mouths. I have never bashed anyone. I may have said that I felt someone else was better at a position than someone else, that isn't bashing, it is my OPINION. I am allowed to have one. I hate to tell you, but you WILL hear that every day somewhere at work, or in college, for the rest of your LIFE. There is someone better than me doing something and it doesn't bother me...its life. Talk about it...doesn't bother me...water off a duck's back.

I have no idea what you are talking about "Get to answer MY quarterback WHO ARE YOU?" I didn't bash anyone either. So I am not sure what you are talking about. Are you upset because I am the only one that says things when everyone else just whispers them up in the stands? These things are not just from one mouth, but many mnay mouths. I have never bashed anyone. I may have said that I felt someone else was better at a position than someone else, that isn't bashing, it is my OPINION. I am allowed to have one. I hate to tell you, but you WILL hear that every day somewhere at work, or in college, for the rest of your LIFE. There is someone better than me doing something and it doesn't bother me...its life. Talk about it...doesn't bother me...water off a duck's back.

Read the Smyrna Lincoln Co. topic when you said our QB is starting because of his last name and read my reply....

Obviously, I have been misunderstood. I never said anything about my son not playing. He never said anything about not playing. He loves Coach T, however, I come from a completely different coaching background and from what I have been told, Lincoln counties coaching used to be tighter in the past years. ei. Another parent with a child on the team told me that a couple of years ago the team came out together, in step, or something similar, can't remember the exact words, but he said now, they look disorganzied and scattered coming out at half time with some players almost intermingling with the other team.

I value Coach T greatly as a person and a leader and do personally know him. He trained under one of the greats, no doubt about that. You are telling me nothing new. I am not putting down anyone as I have been done here, but just stating a fact as was stated earlier. Sometimes when you are in the same position for so long, it is the same o' same o and you tend not to care as much....that it all. Stalemate. Bored more or less. Happens to the best of ANY coach.

Lincoln County has a lot of talent, but that talent has to be brought out. The best example of that talent not being used properly was last years NGA team. They should have never lost a game. LCHS has a ton of talent and I believe with some restored school pride along with perhaps some new blood, either in assistant coaching or what not, we can get back to where we were. School pride doesn't mean being one of the crowd. It means being the one to say, "hey, is there a reason why?"

Ma'am, perhaps if you taught your son to stand on his own two feet and be the leader, you wouldnt have to come onto a website as an annonymous poster and show him exactly what he shouldnt be doing. Not much of an example you have given him.

How in the world do you think coming on here and talking negatively of a great program is going to build the school pride you say you want your son's school to have?

You are being one of the crowd of nay sayers of parents who's kids are sitting the bench. Every team has them. I hope your son doesnt know you have this screenname on coachT and if he does, I bet he hasnt told anyone. I'm sure he would be quite embarrassed.

And understand this, mommy cant fix everything wrong in their childs world, nor should they. Learning to handle the tough stuff is what makes a boy into a man. That has nothing to do with playing time in a game. And further more, school pride means EXACTLY being part of the crowd, a crowd that has come together for a common cause. It does not mean being the whinner standing alone complaining like you are. You have shown no understanding of the concept TEAM. Your son was part of a team, and could have contributed much even as a non playing part. Did he? who knows, and at this point who cares. You have shown of what blood and character he comes from.

And not to step on any LC toes, you had a great season, and some good players, but ma'am, the "lot" and the "ton" of talent you say this team possessed is obsurd. You had some good average and hard working players. You had a few more that were a little better than that. Go see some HS games in Texas, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, and California. You will see what a ton of talent really is and you will understand why with what you had to work with, Coach T did an amazing job at the helm.

ENOUGH SAID.

Ma'am, perhaps if you taught your son to stand on his own two feet and be the leader, you wouldnt have to come onto a website as an annonymous poster and show him exactly what he shouldnt be doing. Not much of an example you have given him.

How in the world do you think coming on here and talking negatively of a great program is going to build the school pride you say you want your son's school to have?

You are being one of the crowd of nay sayers of parents who's kids are sitting the bench. Every team has them. I hope your son doesnt know you have this screenname on coachT and if he does, I bet he hasnt told anyone. I'm sure he would be quite embarrassed.

And understand this, mommy cant fix everything wrong in their childs world, nor should they. Learning to handle the tough stuff is what makes a boy into a man. That has nothing to do with playing time in a game. And further more, school pride means EXACTLY being part of the crowd, a crowd that has come together for a common cause. It does not mean being the whinner standing alone complaining like you are. You have shown no understanding of the concept TEAM. Your son was part of a team, and could have contributed much even as a non playing part. Did he? who knows, and at this point who cares. You have shown of what blood and character he comes from.

And not to step on any LC toes, you had a great season, and some good players, but ma'am, the "lot" and the "ton" of talent you say this team possessed is obsurd. You had some good average and hard working players. You had a few more that were a little better than that. Go see some HS games in Texas, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, and California. You will see what a ton of talent really is and you will understand why with what you had to work with, Coach T did an amazing job at the helm.

ENOUGH SAID.

THANK YOU...WELL SAID

I don't believe that there will be very little if any drop-off on next years team, while we will really miss Matt Moran with his leadership and others on defense, I believe that our defense will be as good or better as some of the juniors on this years team will only get bigger and faster by next year and we will have some of the younger kids step in and fill in the holes. Offensively we lose most of the starters there but if the kids that are coming in work hard we will get better as the season goes along. We have some good kids coming back and if they work hard in the off season we will be ok next year. When you look at the rosters of all the people that we play, ( Tullahoma, Riverdale, Cookeville, Coffee Co. and others,) everybody lost a ton of seniors so it should even out. One thing that i hate is right now the way it looks we may lose playing Hazel Green next year because the schedules just won't let it happen unless something changes. That game was almost like a home game for both teams because we are so close to each other, especially considering the alternative of having to travel so far to some of the places that we have to travel to in the past.