L.C. Falcon Football 2008

FlyingFalconMom

'MY QB, you're gonna get my helmet in the soft cartilage of your knees, and they'll carry you out on a stretcher"

wow

pure class and a perfect example of a total lack of discipline and control of this slightly below average football team that lost to region 4 last place team.

lc is not very good talent wise but anybody that has been around long enough and doesn't see the change in lc players attitude has their head in the sand.

Thank 82cat. That is one thing I have noticed lately. From the grade schools to the high schools from region to region in this area, there just isn't much pride in the schools anymore. Just talking smack, which isn't pride, just talk. Pride is walking tall, NOT paint balling the school, giant bonfires and rallies the night before big games where fans and team players get together and get pysched. The kids nowadays just don't truly care anymore, they talk, but don't back it up.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it sure did hit a nerve

anybody that talks about purposely injuring a hs kid is way way out of line.

our qb got hurt by a lineman rolling up on his left leg after a short pass and the lineman made sure to take lets say an exagerated roll, on purpose? who knows but with statements like this it sure makes you wonder.

I have made the point people expect miracles every year and that is a burden but in my opinion as far as teams with the ability to win the state championship lc is not in that hunt at all and to expect a each year is unrealsitic.

I will say this I have been around for a long time and seen lots of lc teams and there is no question the team discipline and unity that used to be their calling card and I believe had a lot to do with their success is no longer evident.

I read this post to someone I know who has coached in this region (but never played against L.C., different school size) and he agreed whole heartedly. He has coached for over 25 years. He has watched LC as well as other teams such as M.C., even Riverdale he said has been better, lose their pride and with that goes the inner desire to push themselves as a collective whole to that 110% to win. We have 3 or 4 kids that busted their guts every game...that was it. I have played sports for 25 plus years and I KNOW what it means for a whole team to give 110% to win and when only a FEW give 110%. It is very frustrating and only those know deep inside that aren't giving. Betcha anything, they are the ones that are going to be the first ones to get defensive too. Deflation of inner self and having to face it, makes one jump to ones defense.

Moore County was at rock bottom. They had no team pride, couldn't hardly beat anyone but Huntland and finally, the coaches were canned and a new face brought in. He worked the hallways, and met the kids. He recruited new players from other sports which brought the team from its small team of 20+ members give or take to almost 50. He worked the community and brought the Raider pride back to the community.

I AM NOT SAYING in anyway that L.C. is losing like M.C. was, but, this is the difference I am talking about. L.C. used to have 70+ players. Now we are lucky to get 55. I don't know, maybe the days of old where community and school parade before ballgames the players walk tall, proud and TOGETHER are long gone.

No, not near as much Falcon pride anymore. Saying it is one thing, doing it is a far different thing. I, too, can wave the Falcon Flag, and do have one. I love my Falcons, but am disappointed in things in general. But, I regress, it seems to be that way everywhere now.

I guess, you do not know what you are talking about because Coach and I have had several conversations regarding this.

One of your earlier posts said you have not said anything to Coach about this. Were you lying then or now?

For goodness sakes, you really dont have a clue how much damage you are doing to YOUR SON'S team. Since you claim your son doesnt know you post on here, I'll say it for him; "Mom just be quiet, you are making me look bad."

Its your son's team, its your son's school's team. Its Coach T's team. Its not yours and you have done nothing to help, and other than cheer and pick you son up on time and sell some popcorn, there's not a whole lot you can do to help.

You said it to someone else on this thread, it seems like a lot of schools teams have the same attitude of your son's team. Guess what, lady, it's your generation that has raised these kids. My kids or my parents never acted this way. I never acted this way. And because my kids were not crybabies, my grandkids are not crybabies.

You raised them up this way and then you want to complain about the results of what you have created. You are an enabler and now you want to gripe about the coach, who is trying to keep them in line and work with what he's been given. You are the perfect example of what Coach T has been given to work with.

You are an embarrassment and an explanation of your generation.

One of your earlier posts said you have not said anything to Coach about this. Were you lying then or now?

For goodness sakes, you really dont have a clue how much damage you are doing to YOUR SON'S team. Since you claim your son doesnt know you post on here, I'll say it for him; "Mom just be quiet, you are making me look bad."

Its your son's team, its your son's school's team. Its Coach T's team. Its not yours and you have done nothing to help, and other than cheer and pick you son up on time and sell some popcorn, there's not a whole lot you can do to help.

You said it to someone else on this thread, it seems like a lot of schools teams have the same attitude of your son's team. Guess what, lady, it's your generation that has raised these kids. My kids or my parents never acted this way. I never acted this way. And because my kids were not crybabies, my grandkids are not crybabies.

You raised them up this way and then you want to complain about the results of what you have created. You are an enabler and now you want to gripe about the coach, who is trying to keep them in line and work with what he's been given. You are the perfect example of what Coach T has been given to work with.

You are an embarrassment and an explanation of your generation.

You are barking up the wrong tree there. You do NOT know what you are talking about. Being a single parent majority of my children's lives, I guarantee you, they have worked and earned EVERYTHING they have ever had. They have never been handed anything and have never had anyone on their side other than me. I was a spoiled person, and made sure that my children themselves were not spoiled. Again, this has NOTHING to do with them and I do NOT understand why YOU cannot get that through your THICK skull. Lack of intelligence? or inability to listen? After talking to numerous parents of prior team members and current team members, what I am stating is what they have collectively told me. Until the last 4 years, I haven't had anything to do with LCHS. So, if I people hadn't talked to me and told me these things, then how would I have known? And by the way, why is it you only attack those who do not think exactly as you do? Wow we are only allowed to have your opinion? Doesn't hurt the team unless you go back and run your mouth (that would be collectively). I sit here shaking my head amazingly at how backwards your thinking is.

You are barking up the wrong tree there. You do NOT know what you are talking about. Being a single parent majority of my children's lives, I guarantee you, they have worked and earned EVERYTHING they have ever had. They have never been handed anything and have never had anyone on their side other than me. I was a spoiled person, and made sure that my children themselves were not spoiled. Again, this has NOTHING to do with them and I do NOT understand why YOU cannot get that through your THICK skull. Lack of intelligence? or inability to listen? After talking to numerous parents of prior team members and current team members, what I am stating is what they have collectively told me. Until the last 4 years, I haven't had anything to do with LCHS. So, if I people hadn't talked to me and told me these things, then how would I have known? And by the way, why is it you only attack those who do not think exactly as you do? Wow we are only allowed to have your opinion? Doesn't hurt the team unless you go back and run your mouth (that would be collectively). I sit here shaking my head amazingly at how backwards your thinking is.

This will be the last moment waste on you. You say my thinking is backwards, but it is your logic and examples and reasoning I have used against you. Go back and read your own posts.

And since the parents with complaints have come to you with their complaints, that tells me a lot about you. Birds of a feather.

People dont come to me with their complaints, unless they have a solution. If someone complains for the sake of complaining, I shut them down. You have cultivated it. And you have come on here and done it publicly. You have shown what you are about, no matter how thick you think my skull is.

Its funny, you attack me for my opinion by stating that I attack others for their opinion. Unintelligent and illogical.

I am done with you. As I have told others before; You have been shown your place, now sit down.

• 5 months later...

FlyingFalconMom - I hope that you are still out there. I have been waiting a long time to respond to your comments from last year. I am a REAL FALCON MOM. Also a graduate of LC. Now, let talk about pride. If you had any pride in your son's team, you would never put one negative word about the team on here. Do you not understand the damage done by your careless words. Your are or you say you are the mother of a Falcon. No matter what is going on, you should not air your negative feelings here. You say that other people are feeling the same as you. Well maybe it is because you are around negative people like you. When I was in high school, we won the first state championship. My senior year we had probably one of the best teams to ever play at LC. Most of the season nobody crossed our 50 yard, they were great. But they didn't do so well in the play-off, it happens. What I am getting at is this, I have seen all the teams that have played at LC; win or lose I STILL LOVE THEM. The first game of my son's sophmore year; as my husband and I were walking in the stadium, he looked over at me and said "Well Momma how does it feel to have a Johnny Falcon out there?". I thought that my heart was going to exploded because I was so proud. When I was finally able to answer him I said "Great but he is a Louis Falcon." If you know as much about our history as you think you do you will understand that. When I was in high school every year our football team was great, however the other sports did not do so well. My husband played baseball, the only people at the games were girlfriends and parents (maybe). Now at the high school they have so many other opportunities. Football is not the only option that these boys have now. With all that being said, if you don't have anything good to say about our team keep your mouth shut. Just because you have a son on the team doesn't give you the right to post things on here that is going to hurt the rest of the team. Leave that to the people who don't like us. We are a team and we can not like each but we need to stick together. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> LCFalconMomma

FlyingFalconMom - I hope that you are still out there. I have been waiting a long time to respond to your comments from last year. I am a REAL FALCON MOM. Also a graduate of LC. Now, let talk about pride. If you had any pride in your son's team, you would never put one negative word about the team on here. Do you not understand the damage done by your careless words. Your are or you say you are the mother of a Falcon. No matter what is going on, you should not air your negative feelings here. You say that other people are feeling the same as you. Well maybe it is because you are around negative people like you. When I was in high school, we won the first state championship. My senior year we had probably one of the best teams to ever play at LC. Most of the season nobody crossed our 50 yard, they were great. But they didn't do so well in the play-off, it happens. What I am getting at is this, I have seen all the teams that have played at LC; win or lose I STILL LOVE THEM. The first game of my son's sophmore year; as my husband and I were walking in the stadium, he looked over at me and said "Well Momma how does it feel to have a Johnny Falcon out there?". I thought that my heart was going to exploded because I was so proud. When I was finally able to answer him I said "Great but he is a Louis Falcon." If you know as much about our history as you think you do you will understand that. When I was in high school every year our football team was great, however the other sports did not do so well. My husband played baseball, the only people at the games were girlfriends and parents (maybe). Now at the high school they have so many other opportunities. Football is not the only option that these boys have now. With all that being said, if you don't have anything good to say about our team keep your mouth shut. Just because you have a son on the team doesn't give you the right to post things on here that is going to hurt the rest of the team. Leave that to the people who don't like us. We are a team and we can not like each but we need to stick together. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> LCFalconMomma

Go Falcons

Don't want to hurt anybody's feelings but the Falcons recent performance in their scrimmages doesn't suggest that they are going to be too good.

I think they have gone downhill over the last few years. In the 80's, Coach Meadows built them into a state champion. In the 90's, Coach Thompson kept them at the top in the state and even garnered national attention. Since, 2000 they have been a shell of their former self. Big wins here and there but very inconsistent.

Why have they gone down?

Coach T. doesn't have the same high quality assistants, the talent pool is shallow, they play in a region with a bunch of below average teams (beating them doesn't mean you are good), everyone else in the state has gotten better...

for what it's worth

Don't want to hurt anybody's feelings but the Falcons recent performance in their scrimmages doesn't suggest that they are going to be too good.

I think they have gone downhill over the last few years. In the 80's, Coach Meadows built them into a state champion. In the 90's, Coach Thompson kept them at the top in the state and even garnered national attention. Since, 2000 they have been a shell of their former self. Big wins here and there but very inconsistent.

Why have they gone down?

Coach T. doesn't have the same high quality assistants, the talent pool is shallow, they play in a region with a bunch of below average teams (beating them doesn't mean you are good), everyone else in the state has gotten better...

for what it's worth

No feelings hurt.In the past years LC teams have not done well in scrimmages but after camp the team pulls together.

I can remember in 93 LC didn't perform well in their scrimmages but Won State. I don't put a lot into spring and camp

scrimmages.

I believe Coach T http://images.coacht.com/boards_tennessee/...humb%5B1%5D.gif

http://images.coacht.com/boards_tennessee/...b%5B1%5D.gifand his Staff willhttp://images.coacht.com/boards_ten ... 5B1%5D.gif

http://images.coacht.com/boards_tennessee/...humb%5B1%5D.gif have them ready thttp://images.coacht.com/boards_tennes ... 5B1%5D.gif

http://images.coacht.com/boards_tennessee/...b%5B1%5D.gifhis fall.

GO FALCONS!!!