Warren County

14pioneers

Well, did they play man or zone the other night at White County?

Whitey!!!! You know we don't press or play man-man at Warren County !!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Not to take anything away from Warren's 4 wins this year, but they came against teams with a combined record of 7-29.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitey!!!! You know we don't press or play man-man at Warren County !!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Not to take anything away from Warren's 4 wins this year, but they came against teams with a combined record of 7-29.

Oh, my -- was just asking because we did not get a response back from Trickey.

Just get the tape of tonights game against Lebanon, Darian Brown will show what happens when you play man and press. You do not have to do it the Whole game but switch up from time to time. Throw a wrinkle, but hey, what do I know? Why keep so many girls and not use them in varsity? Just to have enough for a defense in practice against your starters?Hmmmmm...... Good win against Blackman, Kelsey Nowlin looked good too for a freshman. Good luck tonight, girls!Peace out.

OK, to speak seriously, if things could be changed at Warren County to turn the program around and you could get your wish for Christmas, what would those things be?

Here is my list and please bear in mind that none of this is meant to be personal just suggestions for change that (in my opinion) would improve the program.

1. A New Coach - yes, I have defended the present coach and do not believe that she is the source of all the problems but I do believe that a change is needed as her influence or ability to influence the program positively is gone and she should be gracious enough to realize that and step down on her own without being forced out.

2. A New Athletic Director with New Responsibilities - you cannot just change one that is get a new Athletic Director and have that new director doing the same old things that the present one is doing nor can you simply change the responsibiities of the present Athletic Director and turn the sports programs around. The School System needs a new person who is the Athletic Director for the entire School System and not just the High School and that needs to be their job. Not the Athletic Director and a principal and a whatever -- they need to be the Athletic Director that works with all the schools and their coaches to ensure consistency from top to bottom. I am not talking about "systems of play" but to ensure that the fundamentals are being instilled beginning in the Elementary Schools and all the way up so that when the kids hit the High School, they are ready for the High School coaches and can be integrated into any system of play.

3. A New Physical Fitness Program - all athletes should be required to participate in a fitness program that is directed by a Physical Fitness Trainer throughout the year and for that to not be left up to the coaches. The School System needs to recognize the value of Athletics and give those who are dedicating their time in these activities the best opportunity to be successful. This should be a "during the school" activity that the receive credit in like any other class.

4. A New Princpal - the athletic programs at the schools are totally without funding and rely completely on the booster clubs for their finances. This puts the coaches in the position of having to be politically savy lest they find themselves in disfavor with the parents. Funding for these programs lays squarely at the feet of those in charge and the lack of attention given to this shows a lack of interest and support for athletics.

5. Courage - the litigation that has occurred because of problems with some coaches in the past has caused the present administration to become "gun shy." They need to get over their fear that some disgruntled parent is going to jump up and find some excuse to sue the School System and provide their coaches with the backing and support they rightfully deserve.

OK, this is my partial list and my opinion -- now have your peace. Respectfully, or course .... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

OK, to speak seriously, if things could be changed at Warren County to turn the program around and you could get your wish for Christmas, what would those things be?

Here is my list and please bear in mind that none of this is meant to be personal just suggestions for change that (in my opinion) would improve the program.

1. A New Coach - yes, I have defended the present coach and do not believe that she is the source of all the problems but I do believe that a change is needed as her influence or ability to influence the program positively is gone and she should be gracious enough to realize that and step down on her own without being forced out.

2. A New Athletic Director with New Responsibilities - you cannot just change one that is get a new Athletic Director and have that new director doing the same old things that the present one is doing nor can you simply change the responsibiities of the present Athletic Director and turn the sports programs around. The School System needs a new person who is the Athletic Director for the entire School System and not just the High School and that needs to be their job. Not the Athletic Director and a principal and a whatever -- they need to be the Athletic Director that works with all the schools and their coaches to ensure consistency from top to bottom. I am not talking about "systems of play" but to ensure that the fundamentals are being instilled beginning in the Elementary Schools and all the way up so that when the kids hit the High School, they are ready for the High School coaches and can be integrated into any system of play.

3. A New Physical Fitness Program - all athletes should be required to participate in a fitness program that is directed by a Physical Fitness Trainer throughout the year and for that to not be left up to the coaches. The School System needs to recognize the value of Athletics and give those who are dedicating their time in these activities the best opportunity to be successful. This should be a "during the school" activity that the receive credit in like any other class.

4. A New Princpal - the athletic programs at the schools are totally without funding and rely completely on the booster clubs for their finances. This puts the coaches in the position of having to be politically savy lest they find themselves in disfavor with the parents. Funding for these programs lays squarely at the feet of those in charge and the lack of attention given to this shows a lack of interest and support for athletics.

5. Courage - the litigation that has occurred because of problems with some coaches in the past has caused the present administration to become "gun shy." They need to get over their fear that some disgruntled parent is going to jump up and find some excuse to sue the School System and provide their coaches with the backing and support they rightfully deserve.

OK, this is my partial list and my opinion -- now have your peace. Respectfully, or course .... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I agree with all of your post, except with the principal, Principal Bennett has a sports background and is interested in the athletic programs at Warren, however he is too close to the AD and the lady Pioneers coach to make the necessary changes that are in the best interest of the program.

OK, whitey, with the personal attacks on the coach, AD, Principal, et. al. aside, the other issues are not happening. The physical fitness coach with during school activities.... come one, kids are at school to LEARN, sports are EXTRAcurricular. Besides, different sports need different conditioning. One class with all athletes?!?!? The state won't allow 300 kids in one class and I doubt the football coach wants his players trained the same as the soccer players, etc. This isn't college, deal with it.

Funding: The only two true revenue sports are football and basketball. Baseball doesn't have a funding problem because they have a solid booster group. This is true for all schools. Sports are given a minimal amount. Players don't have to buy their unis. There is some money going in. If you want to be taken seriously, don't resort to hyperbole.

Eagle, go back and read again and nothing was said that was personal. Personally, I like all the parties involved but I am not talking about personal likes or dislikes just speaking from a professional point of view. Apparently you don't know what goes on from the inside as far as funding is concerned because it is as I said and not as you said. No, all schools do not leave everything up to the booster clubs to fund everything in the non-revenue sports (again my personal experience from working with several schools including the one my daughters attended where the school funded the sport). Finally, both of my girls attended a school where the athletes were required to participate in physical conditioning during the school hours and they were given credit for doing so and no it did not involve having 300 kids in one class and yes it was geared to address the athletes of the different sports. Therefore, none of what I said is in the form of "hyperbole" but fact -- my friend.

Eagle, go back and read again and nothing was said that was personal. Personally, I like all the parties involved but I am not talking about personal likes or dislikes just speaking from a professional point of view. Apparently you don't know what goes on from the inside as far as funding is concerned because it is as I said and not as you said. No, all schools do not leave everything up to the booster clubs to fund everything in the non-revenue sports (again my personal experience from working with several schools including the one my daughters attended where the school funded the sport). Finally, both of my girls attended a school where the athletes were required to participate in physical conditioning during the school hours and they were given credit for doing so and no it did not involve having 300 kids in one class and yes it was geared to address the athletes of the different sports. Therefore, none of what I said is in the form of "hyperbole" but fact -- my friend.

This is an excellent debate and really means more than just putting words on a post. It is dealing with important things that is important in working out a program and ANY head coach of any AAA team with a school with approx. 2000 students, needs in today's environment to compete at a high level. If the high level is not important, then this might not be important. I do agree this is facts. Now, again, there is something important that would make the school system attractive that would make parents want to live in Warren county and their kids to go to school there. It is the impression of having the facilities to take care of a school of 2000 students. Certainly if there is not interest in doing so, the money that might be invested would not be practical.

This is an excellent debate and really means more than just putting words on a post. It is dealing with important things that is important in working out a program and ANY head coach of any AAA team with a school with approx. 2000 students, needs in today's environment to compete at a high level. If the high level is not important, then this might not be important. I do agree this is facts. Now, again, there is something important that would make the school system attractive that would make parents want to live in Warren county and their kids to go to school there. It is the impression of having the facilities to take care of a school of 2000 students. Certainly if there is not interest in doing so, the money that might be invested would not be practical.

Yep, I agree. So it all boils down to where people place their priorities. If you see sports as mainly recretional and purely "extra-curricular", then that is ok as long as academics is truly the focus of the School System. However, don't get upset if you cannot compete on an athletic level with other schools where the programs are solid and taken seriously. On the other hand, if your desire is to develop a competitive program then people need to "put their money where their mouth is." That is support the programs financially with everything that is needed to have a competitive program. I do not see this as an eitheror situation myself. I believe that you can have a strong academic program and a strong emphasis on athletics that helps to build the "total person" and in fact strengthens one academically. I have seen as much with the Naval Academy and their stringent academic requirements but also their requirment that everyone participate in some athletics. Not a bad concept and they complement each other.

Yep, I agree. So it all boils down to where people place their priorities. If you see sports as mainly recretional and purely "extra-curricular", then that is ok as long as academics is truly the focus of the School System. However, don't get upset if you cannot compete on an athletic level with other schools where the programs are solid and taken seriously. On the other hand, if your desire is to develop a competitive program then people need to "put their money where their mouth is." That is support the programs financially with everything that is needed to have a competitive program. I do not see this as an eitheror situation myself. I believe that you can have a strong academic program and a strong emphasis on athletics that helps to build the "total person" and in fact strengthens one academically. I have seen as much with the Naval Academy and their stringent academic requirements but also their requirment that everyone participate in some athletics. Not a bad concept and they complement each other.

In reality, how much does it cost for some shoes,uniforms, and basketball's. Basketball is one sport that doesn't cost a arm and leg to play.