South Pittsburg vs Hampton

TheLivingLegend

I just now got back from S. Pitt. This game was awesome and was everything I expected. It seemed that neither team could stop the other though. S. Pitt stopped the Dawgs twice and Hampton didn't stop S. Pitt. once. Both teams moved the ball at will. I didn't see big a difference in speed on the field at all. The difference in the game was Robert Robinson and his power. He is a full grown man. He didn't dance, he just ran straight ahead into our big guys and gained 8 or 9 yards every play. I did not think the Pirates would be able to run up the gut like they did. I believe the Dawgs ran the ball very well even though our starting RB was knocked out of the game in the 1st quarter. I hated to see his career end without even getting to play. As for someone saying that the refs killed us, that was not at all the case. The first penalty did hurt on our first drive though and some of the SP spots were questionable (especially if you listened to WBEJ in east TN). We would have had it 1st and 10 on the SP 15. But we had to back up and werent able to get the 1st down on 2 plays. All in all, I believe the best team won. I also believe that the state championship was decided tonight. There is not a doubt in my mind that these were the two best teams in the state in 1A...

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back home in G-ville after the game. It was worth driving to S.PItt again to see this one. I knew it would be special, and it was. I was afraid it was going to get out of hand going into the half, and then that fumble came. I consider that a 14 point swing. Probably would've been 28-7 at half otherwise.

I don't know why people are bringing this up without mentioning Hampton's mistake just a few plays before. Hampton was on SP's 15 yard line then they threw an INT in SP's endzone. The fumble recovery was the TD that Hampton should have had 3 plays before. I consider these two turnovers just to cancel each other out...

I don't know why people are bringing this up without mentioning Hampton's mistake just a few plays before. Hampton was on SP's 15 yard line then they threw an INT in SP's endzone. The fumble recovery was the TD that Hampton should have had 3 plays before. I consider these two turnovers just to cancel each other out...

Point taken. But if you score then we go down and score it is still a 14 point game at the half and not 7. I do see where you are coming from. You coming to the game next week?

What a great game by both teams. I really felt like SP had the edge all night, especially when the score was 21-7 and we were driving for another score. After that score, neither defense could stop the opposing offense. You have to give the Hampton kids credit, they caused the turnover and clawed back into the game. I think alot of people gained respect for these Bulldogs. They really impressed me with their heart and determination! Good luck next year Hampton. I am sure we will see each other again next year.

Pirates, way to go. You boys have really worked hard and come together as a team. Just stay focused and work hard in practice this week. We will be facing another good team next week, but they will have to bring their A game to have any chance.

GO PIRATES!!!!!!

and you honestly see it in your favor????

All I've read is south pitt has speed size and are talented.

Well guess what hampton has speed size talent and more heart than south pitt.

Remember this its not the size of the dog in the fight ..its the size fight in the dog!

and these dogs are going to bite your pirate head off!!!!

when its all said and done and hampton comes out on top I really want to see you pirate fans on here talking smack.

But know you guys you'll say our players werent ready and We had a bad game. Nope you'll be saying that because Our Dogs dominated you guys!!!

Go Dogs bite there bloody heads off!! : THIS SOUTH PITT PIRATE FAN DON'T NEED TO TALK NO SMACK WE WON

YOU DIDN'T!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE RIGHT AINT THE SIZE ITS THE FIGHT -HEART- AND PRIDE -WE HAD IT YOUR BULLDOGS DIDN'T GUESS OUR PIRATES DOMINATED YA DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO PIRATES BRING HOME THAT STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.

First of all congrats to hampton, you truley have alot of heart.. and that is something that can not be taught or coached.. I dont even know were it comes from, But you have it.. I saw a game that could have easily seen the mercy rule . instead you guys never gave up when things looked bad.. thats why you play every play like its your last and you guys did... #4 #12 and #44 was a beast.. I would ask one thing of you.... Roooooop is what i heard all night from the stand's .. this team isnt a one man team like some fan's make it out to be.. from what i saw he isnt even the best lineman.. you can not stand str8 up and block.. I saw a few times he was drug down the field by our back's... you guys need to pat #44 on the back he kept this game in close.. I was proud of hampton to say the least...

To the Mighty Pirate's.. Heart also is what you guy's bring to the Table.. and as some can attest to on Coacht, all year i have said you guys were one of the best team's i have seen in my 41 year life.. I took a little heat for this in the first but as time went along a few more people jumped on the band wagon and you guys proved you had heart as well.. you have showed this time and time again being undersized and not just bowing down instead you dig in and push back.. Cudo's to that offensive and defensive line.. to our back's WOW is all i can say period...

to spitt's fan's great job in supporting these boy's when they needed it and when they asked for it on the sideline... and thank's to all the other area and other Teams that support us. I saw cascade people there last night also.... No matter what happens next week im proud to say I live in Pirate country. I knwo nothing about Mckenzie except I hear they have a great Team.. I cant wait till next friday.. Good luck Pirates

Point taken. But if you score then we go down and score it is still a 14 point game at the half and not 7. I do see where you are coming from. You coming to the game next week?

nah not next week. i think moderatorhater/alliance 34 is though. i can't stabnd a dang 5 hour drive to weeks in a row. i talked to a reporter last night and he said SP should win by 2 or 3 TD's. the state championship was decided last night...