South Pittsburg vs Hampton

TheLivingLegend

Looks are deceiving...the population is only about 3000 or so and the HS has 241 kids. The county is open zoned so some in the adjoining areas (like Kimball and new Hope) go to Jasper (Marion Co) or Whitwell.

Your kids are class acts. I hope they all make it to the Boro

There's also "the other school" in South Pittsburg, Richard Hardy, but they don't have football. Enrollment there is between 100-125.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mouthy...yes.... dirty...not that I've seen and I seen him a lot on film this year...you can see a lot more in slow motion ...more sour grapes??

Same reason the ones in your area don't like Hampton. You beat up on them. There were region 1 & 2 folks on the SP side pulling for us

My God zone, get over the sour grapes. There are none with me or with anyone else that I have talked to. I asked a simple question and you get all defensive. Here it is for you real nice and easy.....YOU HAVE A GREAT TEAM, YOU HAVE AN EXCELLENT RUNNING BACK.........THE PEOPLE DOWN THERE FOR THE MOST PART WERE EXTREMELY NICE..............THE BEST TEAM WON. Get over yourselves and acknowledge the respect. Geesh.

As I said in an earlier post on this thread, Hampton played S. Pitt a closer game than many on here expected. The Dogs were a very tough team all year, and they didn't back down. If they could have handled Robinson in any way, they'd be making plans for next week. Oh well, what can you say? They just lost to a better team friday night, but they played as hard as they could, so no regrets. I think Hampton earned respect from many who have been knocking them all season long for various reasons, from playing in a weak region, to being from the northeast, and whatever. I'm very proud of them and the season they had. What a year. Also, it was fantastic to see the fan support at a game over 200 miles away from home. Finally, thank you guys for a season to remember, it was a BLAST!

My God zone, get over the sour grapes. There are none with me or with anyone else that I have talked to. I asked a simple question and you get all defensive. Here it is for you real nice and easy.....YOU HAVE A GREAT TEAM, YOU HAVE AN EXCELLENT RUNNING BACK.........THE PEOPLE DOWN THERE FOR THE MOST PART WERE EXTREMELY NICE..............THE BEST TEAM WON. Get over yourselves and acknowledge the respect. Geesh.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Acknowledged.Defensive...yes when you attack a player...sure I am. When you say our defense is not very good..yep I will. Remember whether you mean it that way our not those comments look like sour grapes so don't make them and I won't respond...simple enough.

There's also "the other school" in South Pittsburg, Richard Hardy, but they don't have football. Enrollment there is between 100-125.

Sorry about the omission there Hawks...had football on the brain.

The Pirates played tough last night against a really good Hampton team. It was good to see so many fans out to support the Pirates and the Hampton fans also turned out in force. For the bulldogs you earned a lot of respect and played hard, congrats on a great season. For the Pirates you have the last stumbling block to avoid to reach the ulitimate goal. Good Luck this week in preparation. See you in Murfressboro.

1. Why does all the other schools in your area not like you???? Many comments and alot of people from around there that was on our side pulling for us. It was strange.

Hampton seniors on a hard fought game, nothing to hang your heads about. 37-5 the last 3 years is amazing, and it couldn't happen to a better bunch of guys.

Many people in SP have realives all up and down the Sequatchie Valley, especially in Jasper and Whi-wuhl (Whiltwell) so the rivalries are intense because of that plus Jasper/SP is the longest continuous rivalry in the state and the one with Whitwell has been a long one as well. You know how cousins like to kick the heck out of each other. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> l

This post shows what you know /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . DB's aren't responsible for backs coming out of the backfield for passes in the flats. You also need to give your QB credit for the almost prefect passes he threw at times. Our DB's had it well covered many times and he just made the throws. He is pretty good. Just more sour grapes /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

then tell me why witherspoon was trying to cover #44 for hampton when they threw to the flats. Cover is such a strong word when all he really did was roll up in a ball to avoid the contact. You people are hilarious, watch the film. Is Witherspoon a LB? Didn't think so. He was confused, that was what he was.

I know they ran right over your so called brick wall defence. Your 350 pounder got pushed all over the field. You are the one that said SP little backs would get flattened and wore out the first half. Hampton was the ones with their tongues hanging out at the end of the game. One thing sure Hampton went home. SP is going to Mboro.

YOu may want to go back and check. You are grasping at straws. You looked like a fool for predicting a high score and now you are trying to deflect attention. Grow up.

I would like to be the first to congratulate you on your Morale victory. Congratulations on a great passing attack, also congratulations on your vaunted defensive line to holding us to under 500 yds rushing. I try to refrain from posting anything negative about a high school football game. No way is my sarcasm directed at the Hampton Football team they deserve nothing but my respect on a great season and they did play a good game. This is all I have to say about the Hampton game, It's over and in the books.

I'll remind you too, there 69. All the predictions of 56-0 and win by 30, no one will say, gee, you know what, we missed that call. You along with most of the others...............I am not going there.

Zone , don't worry about King's Nemesis. He's just a fair weather fan anyway. Never heard or seen him before Hampton became a power. In due time, he'll disappear again. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Been on for 3 years Todd, and as far as dispapearing, not a chance. Besides we will still own you for a while. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />