10-AAA District Play

Costanza

Hey tt can you explain this. LOL I thought that I heard some rumblings in Paris.

How big of a factor is this one that quit. Player? I did hear back a few weeks ago that there were a couple of kids that were not going to play for this coach. I wonder if these are the two that I heard or they may be totally different players, The ones that I heard about were supposedly two of the best athletes in the county. I tried to explain to the community why this was happening but someone in Paris did not want it talked about as my post got deleted. Right or wrong, Henry county is not good enough tolose two players of this caliber. If I were the coach, I would try and find out why kids did not want to play for me.

How good a player is matters not if they are not on the team. I am not sure why this young man hung up his shoes but I know of no coaches that are not in it to win it, and coach Wilkins is doing everything in his power to get the Patriot program where it needs to be, this week will be a good measuring stick of where it is. Most of the time a team is better without someone who does not want to be there any way. I just hope the young man in question is not doing it for the wrong reasons. Well if you were the coach, we might care what you think and what you would do but as it is we dont.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well spoken. I just heard this morning when I saw a post on here and had to make a call, but I too hope this young man has come to this conclusion for the right reasons. I believe HC will still compete. They beat some of the best teams in the state in scrimmages already without either of these two kids. Dyer CO. and one other team, not coming to me right now. They seem to have good chemistry and are working hard. Don't count them out yet.

Before season started you picked us last, we won a couple and now you have new ammo to put us at the bottom again. One player does not make a team. From what I can tell the coach/players relationships are positive, don't jump to conclusions there are other reasons that a player quits. As the wise and almighty prophet said I will say again, If a player doesn't have his heart in it then the team is better off without him. Keep picking us to finish at the bottom fastcat, I love it!!

Good luck tonight boys. Big Red get up there and support, My wife does not seem to agree with me that a good anniversary celebration would be to go to the game. Have debated sneaking a small radio with me, ha. (Not sure how that one will go over) But will be there Friday hopefully to to take on a tough Clarksville squad still undefeated!!

Hey tt can you explain this. LOL I thought that I heard some rumblings in Paris.

How big of a factor is this one that quit. Player? I did hear back a few weeks ago that there were a couple of kids that were not going to play for this coach. I wonder if these are the two that I heard or they may be totally different players, The ones that I heard about were supposedly two of the best athletes in the county. I tried to explain to the community why this was happening but someone in Paris did not want it talked about as my post got deleted. Right or wrong, Henry county is not good enough tolose two players of this caliber. If I were the coach, I would try and find out why kids did not want to play for me.

I'd love to play for Kenwood's coach and LOOSE!

I'd love to play for Kenwood's coach and LOOSE!

Once again FastKitty is showing his immaturity. Kids who want to play can't be run off! As Bobby Knight once was quoted, "Anyone I can run off I don't want!" That is not the situation in HC, however. The situation in HC is simple. There have 3 kids choose not to play basketball the last 2 years. All 3 chose to only work on football. That is their choice. If you watch major college sports, however, you find that the best fb athletes play basketball and vice-versa. Major colleges recruit these dual sport athletes. The program will go on and will be very successful. Coach Wilkins has always said he only needed a few good men. HE HAS THAT! They will be successful! They will lose a game here and there, but he will get HC's program to become one of the elite in Tn. They WILL compete for the district title this year. "Kids will then die to be a part".

Well the Hawks now sit at 0-2 in the district, and really need to come out and play well tonight. They played well against Northeast, but just couldn't get the shots to fall in the final minutes. Hopefully it'll be a good game tonight in Clarksville, and I hope to see Rossview pick up a victory. I don't think Rossview is overrated as some of you have stated, I just think this is a tough stretch they have to begin district play. This should be a close game.

Could be an interesting game for both teams. So far this season Pats have showed that their defensive intensity can take control of a game. It will be interesting to see how RHS deals with it. I expect RHS to come out strong being 0-2 and playing at home. 0-3 is not a good way to start off in 10AAA.

GO PATS

Well spoken. I just heard this morning when I saw a post on here and had to make a call, but I too hope this young man has come to this conclusion for the right reasons. I believe HC will still compete. They beat some of the best teams in the state in scrimmages already without either of these two kids. Dyer CO. and one other team, not coming to me right now. They seem to have good chemistry and are working hard. Don't count them out yet.

Before season started you picked us last, we won a couple and now you have new ammo to put us at the bottom again. One player does not make a team. From what I can tell the coach/players relationships are positive, don't jump to conclusions there are other reasons that a player quits. As the wise and almighty prophet said I will say again, If a player doesn't have his heart in it then the team is better off without him. Keep picking us to finish at the bottom fastcat, I love it!!

Good luck tonight boys. Big Red get up there and support, My wife does not seem to agree with me that a good anniversary celebration would be to go to the game. Have debated sneaking a small radio with me, ha. (Not sure how that one will go over) But will be there Friday hopefully to to take on a tough Clarksville squad still undefeated!!

I did pick you all to finish near the bottom and apparently, you all are playing well. I am not looking fo r any ammo, I heard my info before the season and when I mentioned it a few weeks ago, people got ill and started bad mouthing me, I was just being a messenger then as I am inquiring about the situation now.

For the person who thinks that college recruiters would rather have someone playing multiple sports, as it might look good on the resume, that is now what they look for. Some great athletes, have played multiple sports in college, but most college coaches that you speak of, want their athletes to play their sport only in college. Sure, playing multiple sports in high school looks impressive but these great athletes that you speak of do not need two sports to make them great. Are the three at Henry cunty that great? When palyers start speaking of focusing on one sport it is easy to blame someone for misguiding the people that way. My sources told me that these young men were not happy playing for the new coach. I do not know the man, again, I am the messenger.

All I have ever said on here is what I have heard, I really know very little about what happens in Henry county. I have only seen one basketball game all year and that was my sons middle school game.

I agree but being at school each day players say he is not intersted in them just winnng. not that is bad or good

I did pick you all to finish near the bottom and apparently, you all are playing well. I am not looking fo r any ammo, I heard my info before the season and when I mentioned it a few weeks ago, people got ill and started bad mouthing me, I was just being a messenger then as I am inquiring about the situation now.

For the person who thinks that college recruiters would rather have someone playing multiple sports, as it might look good on the resume, that is now what they look for. Some great athletes, have played multiple sports in college, but most college coaches that you speak of, want their athletes to play their sport only in college. Sure, playing multiple sports in high school looks impressive but these great athletes that you speak of do not need two sports to make them great. Are the three at Henry cunty that great? When palyers start speaking of focusing on one sport it is easy to blame someone for misguiding the people that way. My sources told me that these young men were not happy playing for the new coach. I do not know the man, again, I am the messenger.

All I have ever said on here is what I have heard, I really know very little about what happens in Henry county. I have only seen one basketball game all year and that was my sons middle school game.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Lots of different opinions on whether or not kids should play two/more sports. It doesn't really matter. That is up to individual kid. I do know everyone loves a winner. If HC proves they can win. Kids that love the game will play. As far as the coach goes, I understand he is a Hall Of Famer. I know he knows what it takes to be successful. Any kid who doesn't want to play for a coach like him doesn't love the game and that is ok. That takes nothing from the kid who doesn't want to play that sport. There are also some very athletes playing basketball who simply chose not to play fb. That dos not mean HC's fb coach is no good./thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Lots of different opinions on whether or not kids should play two/more sports. It doesn't really matter. That is up to individual kid. I do know everyone loves a winner. If HC proves they can win. Kids that love the game will play. As far as the coach goes, I understand he is a Hall Of Famer. I know he knows what it takes to be successful. Any kid who doesn't want to play for a coach like him doesn't love the game and that is ok. That takes nothing from the kid who doesn't want to play that sport. There are also some very athletes playing basketball who simply chose not to play fb. That dos not mean HC's fb coach is no good./thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well spoken! This is America, everyone has the right to make decisions concerning their lives. Good luck to all those young athletes!