Dyersburg Choctaws

SaintKnute

OF COURSE YOU ARE JEALOUS, or you wouldn't have starte this post. Stop WHINING about what you DON'T have and WORK with what you DO. D'burg has some great ATHLETES, no one has ever said otherwise!!! Maybe you should start looking at why so many kids are leavng the D'burg school system and going elsewhere. Before you tell me I DON't know, I HAVE relatives that attend there!! Why can't you just support BOTH teams in the county? WE DO except when we play you.

Oh yeah. I forgot seeing all of those orange shirts when Dyersburg was in the playoffs. Sorry. I keep forgetting ow much you support us. I amay needto get an Orange Shirt........NOT.

WAKE UP!

This is a good board and I love getting people like you going.

We fully understand why they are leaving. I do support both teams just putting my opinion on the board.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah. I forgot seeing all of those orange shirts when Dyersburg was in the playoffs. Sorry. I keep forgetting ow much you support us. I amay needto get an Orange Shirt........NOT.

WAKE UP!

This is a good board and I love getting people like you going.

We fully understand why they are leaving. I do support both teams just putting my opinion on the board.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You have an INCREDIBLY BIZARRE way of showing support /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You have an INCREDIBLY BIZARRE way of showing support /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Just to lighten things up a little most of the Trojan fans as well as the DC fan base support both teams, as for who has the best school or as to why this child leaves to go to DC or vice versa a lot of that is base on personal preference. I for one have nothing against the county schools but I live in the city and it is more convenient for me to send my children to school here, I am not one of those parents who choose to go though great difficulty to send their child to a school out of my district or zone just to make him or her happy, or so he or she could play a sport. If our children are going to school for the purpose that the schools were designs (which is to educate) themselves then perhaps our country's moral values would not be on the decline. Unfortunately we as parents are putting more emphasis on creating super athletes then we are in creating super human beings. In reference to the students who left Dyersburg to attend Dyer county or vice versa that too is a personal situation we can all say what we would have done or not done but the bottom line is this.... it is done .... please let's move on. Dyersburg has a very good team they are still getting it together but many of these guys have not played together before, I truly believe by tournament time a lot of people will be surprise, as for DC yes they have a great team but let me remind you since one of your posters was so adamant about pointing out the DC homecoming win over the Trojans........ don't get consume in your greatness because all it takes is one lost at the wrong time and well you know the rest of the story.

Let's just support both of our teams and when we meet, after all is said and done let us all walk off the field of battle with our head's held high because we left it all on the field..... Ok.

hey 'sinner klute' youi are not 'getting the word out' . all that dyersburg choctaws crap started last year and should have died out when brian brown was fired. you are a hater spewing venom and that is plain. you are like so many other dyersburg 'supporters' that think dyersburg is better just because they are dyersburg. what you cant stand is that these young men 'kicked you to the curb' and you get on here and call youeself spreading the truth . sorry to tell you, but everyone sees you for what you are. dont try and explain it as a opinion or an athletic post. its hate pure and simple. if you feel threatened by the reaction to your words then maybe you need to reevaluate the place in your heart those words came from.

hey 'sinner klute' youi are not 'getting the word out' . all that dyersburg choctaws crap started last year and should have died out when brian brown was fired. you are a hater spewing venom and that is plain. you are like so many other dyersburg 'supporters' that think dyersburg is better just because they are dyersburg. what you cant stand is that these young men 'kicked you to the curb' and you get on here and call youeself spreading the truth . sorry to tell you, but everyone sees you for what you are. dont try and explain it as a opinion or an athletic post. its hate pure and simple. if you feel threatened by the reaction to your words then maybe you need to reevaluate the place in your heart those words came from.

jackeddie, that is the truth. nothing but the truth.

jackeddie, that is the truth. nothing but the truth.

That is NOT the truth, I don't know what Dyersburg has ever done to either of you but not ALL Dyersburg supporters think they are as you supported your friend in saying "think we are better then everyone else", I take that very personal we are just as supportive of OUR team as you are yours...... or any other fan would be of his or her team. I promise you if the roles were reverse and you had beaten the smack out of Dyersburg since the dawning of creation, we perhaps would have the same attitude that you are displaying, and that is YOU seem to look upon yourselves as being inferior, but now that you have started winning against the Trojans and transfers have even out the enrollment you finally think that you are accepted and can fit in, but then again you still don't feel that you are "good enough", or that we accept you or that other teams still look at you funny. All during the football season your fans continually harp on the 'heart and character of your team' well let's see some of that heat and character in YOU...., week after week I read story after story of how you were not getting any 'Respect' .....my friend you have to earn it, this is something you cannot get on a board and obtain by putting down other people or teams, it is not something that the so called "RICH INFLUENTIAL" people of Dyersburg was able to buy it is something that WE earned through years of winning, and you too are headed in that direction where teams will start to respect you and your programs but "DON'T" JUDGE me or other down to earth fans because of your issues...

I don't know what may have gone on between the two schools 20, 30 or 40 yrs ago but I do know you all need to move past that 'junk' and stop insulting or grouping people. Most of the Dyersburg fan base treat you like our family because you are...... all of the remarks that we are 'snooty' or that we have the 'rich kids' or the parents who are doctors and lawyers want to see their kids play is NOT true, just because a school or individual strive for excellence and to be the best does not make him or her think they are better then you they just want the best for their kids. Look at the private schools and how those programs strive against top and much larger competition, do you know why it is because they the supporters INVEST time money and energy into being better so don't knock them because that is a choice that WE all have. I see your comments and those of your friend as hitting below the belt because you find people like you everywhere who are always looking to pull down someone else because they are doing good or just simply because you have some deep rooted insecurities dwelling within yourselves, perhaps you were a Trojan at one time and had some bad experience here and believe me there are a great many Choctaws fans that fit in that category and probably a few that have issues with the county and come to the city because of issues but that is a personal thing and something that perhaps you might want to get resolved but please don't categorize me or our fan base, there are wonderful people on both sides and there are sad misguided HATERS like you and your friend on both sides as well please move on and let it go.

Look your sports program seems to be on the up and up and you are providing area teams with some pretty stiff competition, please be careful that you don't turn into the arrogrant MONSTER you think that WE are and a few years from now some Trojans support is on here saying NASTY things about the Choctaw nation......I don't think you will like the way that make you feel.

Well, it appears to me that in Dyer County the decision is there for parents and athletes to chose which school they want to go to. And if they chose Dyer County over Dyersburg even if they do live in Dyersburg, they'd be a Dyer County Choctaw with allegiance to that team in my humble opinion.

I don't think that it was said that anyone did not have the right to choose what school their child went to, so perhaps you are reading more into this then I intended. As for their allegiance to their team that is fine one would expect you to support your school or communtiy but my comments were in reference to stereotyping a entire fan or city because of one or two people or because of some personal agenda's or issue that a party has. Supporting your team is good but be careful how you throw rocks and call people names that is very hateful and many innocent people are hurt.

I don't think that it was said that anyone did not have the right to choose what school their child went to, so perhaps you are reading more into this then I intended. As for their allegiance to their team that is fine one would expect you to support your school or communtiy but my comments were in reference to stereotyping a entire fan or city because of one or two people or because of some personal agenda's or issue that a party has. Supporting your team is good but be careful how you throw rocks and call people names that is very hateful and many innocent people are hurt.

I was just stating that to attempt to right this thread as others have made it point towards the nose dive that this website's forums are becoming legend for.

Hold on now. I'm not sure how people from Dyersburg percieve themselves but anyone from the upper West TN area will tell you that people from Dyersburg are elitests. Of course meaning elite or better than. I have heard this from people from Lake, Obion, Lauderdale, and Dyer counties. These are the people that border Dyer County and use the city of Dyersburg for resources. The attitude is there, it is percieved and while its a hard pill to swallow perception is everything. What ever happened a long time ago I don't know but in basketball DC and Dyersburg did'nt play regular season for a while untill 94; they always played in the jamboree. Coach Hopkins brought back the regular season games. Also, Dyersburg hasn't always beat up on DC. When Dyersburg was AAA DC hung most games and lost close ones. I remember a OT loss my senior year and the year before we(DC) blew a 22-2 first quarter lead(DC lost on a last second shot by Pepper R.I.P)

All this transfer stuff happened because of Coach Brown. Now the kids and parents made their choice. DC is DC, Dyersburg is Dyersburg. Yes people can support who they choose. There will always be this rivalry so trying to say people get hurt and all this is crazy. The rivalry is about the kids. The kids do silly stuff like Dyersburg getting caught pouring diesel in the shape of a T on the baseball field.

These games should be fun and competitive but people have turned them into personel fights and at times get out of hand.