New 14A High School Thread

CoachD33

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He just sounds like somebody that had a sister or daughter get there brains beat out by Gleason over the last 20 years.

Wouldn't that include about half of West Tenn?

Trenton beat Greenfield tonight by about 15 or so if I remember correctly. Trenton was just to big and quick, both being something that Greenfield lacks. The Perry girl from Trenton is a great athlete, has a great post body, combined makes her a great post player. There were also a couple of guards who shot the ball well but from what I hear that is not an every night thing. All in all Greenfield's youth showed, they didn't really ever get in a groove on offense, Galey showed me a little more range knocking down shots from the a few feet deeper than the short corner, the other guards besides Robinson did not make shots they usually make (she missed some also), and I haven't seen anyone else in the district but Trenton looked pretty good tonight.

Kind of like how they finished 3rd in the county 2 years ago (not including martin middle) and 2 of those 8th graders went on to start 37 games and win a state championship the next year. 1 of those girls was on the all state tournament team as a matter of fact. But i'm sure they would gladly swap the gold ball to have won in junior high. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Only programs that have never won anything at the high school level worry about junior high games. Good junior high teams are generally good because they have more physically developed players and/or better athletes. Then coaching, personal commitment, and hard work start coming into effect from years 9-12. Thats why many great 12 year olds never win anything after junior high.

Gleason has 2 great Sophomores this year in Jenna Frazier and the other girl (I forger her name, Taylor maybe?). Most of these teams in 14A usually rely heavily on 1 main player each year that seems to pull them through. That's proof: Trenton has Perry, Gleason had Kayla, Bradford has Proudfit etc...By Jenna Frazier and the other girls Senior years they'll have so much more experience and it'll pull them through to be back atop 14A.

Slam, don't forget, Jr. High and High School are 2 COMPLETELY different levels of basketball. Jr. High building block into making players state champions in high school. As long as Gleason has Randy Frazier they'll continue winning basketball games. They may not go 35-1 or whatever every year but I'll guarantee you they won't have many losing seasons.

Crying about refs? I don't know where you get the complaining about refs thing because the refs haven't been whats keeping us from putting the ball in the basket. Frazier is having a pretty good year, averaging about 13 a game which is pretty good for a 15 year old.

Also on the comment about the freshmen not winning anything, I can promise you if you take either Frazier or Stout off that team last year they do not win the Gold Ball. Maybe next time your team plays Gleason you can get toghether with some of our girls and yall can share success stories. They can tell you about blowing everybody out in the Boro last year and winning a gold ball, and you can tell them about that time your program won those junior high games!!! HaHaHa

Nice comeback. You must be part of a program that has never done anything and gotten beat by Gleason year in and year out to want to bash them in every post of yours. Nobody from Gleason has claimed to have a great team this year, we are very average amongst a very average region.

I'm the one with my head in the sand? You claim Gleason may not win a game next year and is in "trouble in the future", yet they have been starting 3 sophmores and 1 freshmen for the majority of the season and have beaten Bradford at Bradford, and Lake County at Lake County, both of which were supposed to be the 2 best teams in our district going into the season. Gleason has also been playing about 10 girls in every game and their second 5 consist of 1 junior, 1 sophmore and 3 freshmen. I can promise you Gleason will hold their own for the next 3-4 years and who knows after that for any program.

Next year or the year after they'll be back to Queens of 14A...Just Watch..

GLEASON DOESN'T BRAG, THEY DON'T BLAME, AND THEY DON'T CRY!!!

IF THEY DO BRAG--- THEY DESERVE IT

IF THEY BLAME--- THEY BLAME THEMSELVES

AND IF THEY DO CRY --- IT'S THEIR FAULT. OR IT'S BECAUSE THEY JUST WON THE GOLD!!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

VERY DESERVING.

I KNOW CAUSE I AM A PROUD FAN OF THE LADY DAWG TEAM..

WHEN THESE GIRLS WIN, THEY WIN AS A TEAM, WHEN THEY LOSE ,THEY LOSE AS A TEAM.

IT'S NOT ONE PERSON WHO MAKES THIS TEAM A TEAM, IT IS THE WHOLE TEAM. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />