Union City Basketball

uctfan

PIONEER... I CAN'T GIVE ANYTHING ,BUT THIS....THE TRUTH.LET NOT YOUR EMOTIONS GET IN THE WAY OF IT.THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS D/C WAS GETTING DRILLED, WHEN CJ WAS A FRESHMAN.SO WHY ARE YOU REACHING FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT.I GUESS I HAVE TO BRING YOU UP ON A FEW THINGS. FIRST OF ALL ... YOU MADE THE COMMENT THAT D/C HASN'T PLAYED A REAL TEAM LIKE UNION CITY,SO I GAVE A REPONSE TO THAT.SECOND... NOT ONE TRANSFER FROM DYERSBURG STARTED FOR DYERSBURG ,SO D/C WASN'T THOUGHT TO BE GETTING MUCH OF ANYTHING HMMM WHAT A SURPRISE. THIRDLY THE KID FRON NEW MEXICO IS A THIRD STRING PLAYER AND THE ONE FROM FLORIDA IS ORIGINALLY FROM NEWBERN...JUST MOVED BACK AND IS ON OUR JV SQUAD. SO DON'T GET IT TWISTED. FOURTH....DYER CO. WANTED TO PLAY U/C BUT U/C ONLY WANTED IT AT HOME AND NOT TO COME TO D/C.THAT'S A BIG MONEY GAME THAT BOTH SCHOOLS SHOULD BENEFIT FROM HA YEA! SO IT DIDN'T WORK OUT.D/C DON'T RUN FROM COMP. AND AS FAR AS THE MEMPHIS SCHOOLS....MAN THERE'S 31 HIGH SCHOOLS IN MEMPHIS AND I DON'T SEE HARDLY ANY SCHEDULED TO PLAY NORTHWEST TEAMS.WE WILL MEET MEMPHIS IN THE SUB STATE AND STATE SO DON'T BE SO IMPATIENT. GO PIONEERS!

I apologize about the comment about the players from Florida and NM...I had heard the kid from Florida was originally from Newbern and someone showed me the other night who the kid from NM was and I pretty much figured that out on my own...You stated that Justin Blake didn't start at Dyersburg, WHAT IS UP WITH THAT!? Justin Blake is one of the top shooters out West and better yet within the state! Dyer Co. has had great teams in the past with such as the team with Perry Powell, Montrelle Crittendon, Brian Fisk and Cyrus Johnson...This years team would have to compare VERY closely with that team except in the post play...this years DC has no big post players such as Cyrus or Fisk but IMO have better perimeter shooters...Good Luck to the Choctaws this year!

Sorry if my first post towards you offended you in any way..

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hEY, all you folks / fANS FROM Dyer County.....remember the day that coach twitch the wrist and played with his watch all the time and then the one that followed him.....you are known in the TSSAA and the entire Western part of Tennessee as a recruiter for Basketball and who knows about football. You have been caught before and had to pay for that.

You wouldn't have done that again would you?

4th..Don't leave all the people hanging or wondering about why U.C. and Dyer Co aren't playing or that Dyer Co had their chance and backed out..You make it look like they were scared to play U.C.....Believe me...there's a poster above ..I'll just say..clj..he will come as close as any of us for knowing the reason why ..he has very very close ties to the Dyer Co program...He said the reason was...Union City wanted to play 1 game only..At Union City...McCord balked at that..Said Dyer Co would play a home and home..Why accomodate U.C. and make the Dyer Co fans travel and play U.C. at U.C.And not get a home game in return ..That said..Union City plays a bunch of games..Why wouldn't they play Dyer Co at Newbern..At least Dyer Co was willing to play home and home..but Cisco wanted a little home cooking..I wouldn't have played either..

bigster I'm really glad you are on here....LOL...You don't get snared by the traps we set...Very often....

You as well as anybody knows the problem that the teams in our district have with scheduling.....We have 18 set in stone games every year....The T.$.$.A.A. in all it's majesty has limited the number of games teams can play now down to 24 regular season games...Now that severely limits the number of non-region games our teams can play verses say a district with 7 teams(like DC's) who have only 12 definate games...UC is going to play Obion Central,usually twice,but this year once...UC plays in two holiday tournaments that guarantee them three games each...Now,those three tournament games only count as two games apiece....But that now brings the total of games to 23...The Tornadoes are going to play nine road games right off the bat out of 24....They will play 6 games away from home in those tournaments,which really count as four...Well,that makes 13 out of 24 on the road...Over half...UC needs to play home games to pay the bills,So why would they just say yeah we will go on over to Dyer County,who was a Final Four team with most, if not all, their guys back from that team and play them??...Don't get me wrong,I don't really blame DC for not doing that but since they have so much room on their schedule they could have set up a deal like UC and Haywood had where they play one game each year against each other but do it home and home...It could have been done if DC wanted it done...You can't blame UC for not wanting 14 out of their 24 regular season games on the road....

4th..Don't leave all the people hanging or wondering about why U.C. and Dyer Co aren't playing or that Dyer Co had their chance and backed out..You make it look like they were scared to play U.C.....Believe me...there's a poster above ..I'll just say..clj..he will come as close as any of us for knowing the reason why ..he has very very close ties to the Dyer Co program...He said the reason was...Union City wanted to play 1 game only..At Union City...McCord balked at that..Said Dyer Co would play a home and home..Why accomodate U.C. and make the Dyer Co fans travel and play U.C. at U.C.And not get a home game in return ..That said..Union City plays a bunch of games..Why wouldn't they play Dyer Co at Newbern..At least Dyer Co was willing to play home and home..but Cisco wanted a little home cooking..I wouldn't have played either..

bigster I'm really glad you are on here....LOL...You don't get snared by the traps we set...Very often....

You as well as anybody knows the problem that the teams in our district have with scheduling.....We have 18 set in stone games every year....The T.$.$.A.A. in all it's majesty has limited the number of games teams can play now down to 24 regular season games...Now that severely limits the number of non-region games our teams can play verses say a district with 7 teams(like DC's) who have only 12 definate games...UC is going to play Obion Central,usually twice,but this year once...UC plays in two holiday tournaments that guarantee them three games each...Now,those three tournament games only count as two games apiece....But that now brings the total of games to 23...The Tornadoes are going to play nine road games right off the bat out of 24....They will play 6 games away from home in those tournaments,which really count as four...Well,that makes 13 out of 24 on the road...Over half...UC needs to play home games to pay the bills,So why would they just say yeah we will go on over to Dyer County,who was a Final Four team with most, if not all, their guys back from that team and play them??...Don't get me wrong,I don't really blame DC for not doing that but since they have so much room on their schedule they could have set up a deal like UC and Haywood had where they play one game each year against each other but do it home and home...It could have been done if DC wanted it done...You can't blame UC for not wanting 14 out of their 24 regular season games on the road....

did u see the #1 team on coacht state rankings lol!!!!!

You better hope that Manassas dont slip up and lose their region championship to Middleton and have to come to UC,cause your season will end in the substste,UC dont lose at home.UC has one lost at home the last 4 years,and that was to Lake Co because 4 players was suspended,3 being starters.So you better not have to come to UC.

You better hope those boys pass this semester so they will be eligible after Christmas...LOL!!

And polls are meaningless..UC has finished two of the last three seasons ranked #1 in the state(once in AA)...The state championship they won two years ago saw them go without being ranked by the AP the entire year...

I guess you mean the fan-based popularity poll??...AGAIN MEANINGLESS!!!...People won't vote for Union City just because...LOL

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ...I stand corrected..I guess people will vote for Union City...They are # 1....But,it's still a meaningless poll,especially this one...

Purple..Had I known in time..I'd have talked to Whitbyto see if he would have given Dyer Co one of the Lake Co-U.C. games since yall have Lake Co 4th and out of the Big 3...Oops..but we beat Trenton....I saw the U.C. coach at Lake Co tonight..Why would he even be worried enough to be in little ole Lake Co...I guess to watch Trenton play....I'm talking about the older Sisco...I guess yall didn't think he was needed against Gleason!

Purple..Had I known in time..I'd have talked to Whitbyto see if he would have given Dyer Co one of the Lake Co-U.C. games since yall have Lake Co 4th and out of the Big 3...Oops..but we beat Trenton....I saw the U.C. coach at Lake Co tonight..Why would he even be worried enough to be in little ole Lake Co...I guess to watch Trenton play....I'm talking about the older Sisco...I guess yall didn't think he was needed against Gleason!

bigster the UC coaches take nobody for granted...I'm sure Marty was there to scout Trenton Peabody since they play Monday nite...UC doesn't play LC until January...He probably saw all he needed to on LC...Just like back in Whitby's OC days,you see em once you have seen em all you need to...

Why wouldn't DC and LC play??....Oh that's right LC doesn't play anybody decent in non-region games...Ya'll could have played a home and home this year.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Simple fact of the matter is DC had room on their schedule...Union City didn't..If UC would have had room for a home and home the two would be playing....DC didn't want to come to UC and play...Period

Congrats on the win...Looks like if the Falcons would have had that kind of effort against Humboldt they might still be unbeaten....Maybe Trenton is still more like last year though...

bigster the UC coaches take nobody for granted...I'm sure Marty was there to scout Trenton Peabody since they play Monday nite...UC doesn't play LC until January...He probably saw all he needed to on LC...Just like back in Whitby's OC days,you see em once you have seen em all you need to...

Why wouldn't DC and LC play??....Oh that's right LC doesn't play anybody decent in non-region games...Ya'll could have played a home and home this year.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Simple fact of the matter is DC had room on their schedule...Union City didn't..If UC would have had room for a home and home the two would be playing....DC didn't want to come to UC and play...Period

Congrats on the win...Looks like if the Falcons would have had that kind of effort against Humboldt they might still be unbeaten....Maybe Trenton is still more like last year though...

Purple..I would be all for Lake Co-Dyer Co playing..Even if it brought two losses...Would be a great gate..rowdy crowds on both sides...I wouldn't have to drive but about 3 miles if the game was at Newbern..All of Lake Co's games are an away game for me..I have to drive about 50 miles each time to Lake Co and back..Blake's mother and her family are from Lake Co..Ron Garret,a sophmore for Lake Co is Blake's cousin...Lake Co use to play Dyer Co every year..in football and in basketball...Lake Co played the great team that had Perry Powell,Fisk,Crittenton and was one of the few teams that hung a loss on them..and probably should have beat them both times..It may havemost of their juniors years ..can't remember..Lake Co had James Avery..Harold Hughes and Co...My guess..and a guess only is the reason is the Andre Flowers situation...I know we were playing Dyer Co then...Flowers played basketball then as a sophmore..was booed out of the gym..every time he touched the ball..I know McCord and Whitby are good friends..maybe they can make something happen..Not to far to travel...would be a money game..And believe it or not..Lake Co should have a good basketball program for years to come..The middle school at Lake Co and Humboldt have split with Northview,the Newbern middle school that is loaded for some that may not know,..So..should be great games in the coming years if it were to happen..Even next year..They would have C.J..Crittendon,Rex Pierce,Jake Alexander..Lake Co would have Russell Avery,Patrick Robertson,Ron Garrett and maybe Bledsoe come back...Love to see it happen..

By the way..Lake Co does play Brighton and Middle College each year..Brighton is a much bigger school and Middle College has been a very tough team in years past..You never know what kind of a team each will have this year to next year..They may be unbeatable next year..And Lake Co always goes to Marion Illinois and plays five teams there consisting of teams from Kentucky and Illinois..We may lose all 5 games...But like clj said..don't think U.C. is playing that great of schedule in the upcoming tournaments..We looked at the schedules of the teams that were going to be there..and there are some pretty good teams there..thing is ..U.C. isn't playing any of them..I belive the teams that U.C. are playing..have won a total of 6 games combined..all the teams have 6 total wins..Lake Co has won more than that already by themselves!