Alcoa vs Goodpasture

Tornado89

Randall Cobb will be MUCH better than any player DCA had on the field, and it looked as though DCA had little trouble scoring on Goodpasture. I was sarcastically "called out" over my comment about the Goodpasture/DCA game and the Alcoa/DCA game and that being any indication of what Saturday will behold. Something along the lines of, "Pointing out GP's only bad game, that's a good observation"...or something stupid like that, but anyways...the way I see it. If DCA scored 35 points on GP in week 8 of the regular season, and DCA could not even get a 1st down on Alcoa, then that would have to say a little something, would it not? You can't say, "Well, GP had a bad game, but they're still capable of beating Alcoa..." I'm sorry, but if you give up 35 points to a team, and lose to that team, and another school beats that SAME team 38-0...then that spells bad news, all the way. I know the ole' saying "That's why you play the game", but seriously. DCA was in their 14th week of playing football, and just didn't look that good to me. They had some size, but Alcoa was pretty much having their way with them. That's all I need to know about GP. That same, mediocre, team beat them and scored 35 points. There's a HUGE difference in giving up 35 points, and not even hardly giving up a 1st down.

Alcoa will win this one big, like the past two. Randall Cobb is going to be unlike anything GP has seen thus far and no way GP has an answer. Alcoa wins in 2A. Fulton in 3A. Maryville in 4A. Starting to sound like a broken record! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not sayin we are gonna kill yall or anything cuz even i know thats askin alot but it aint gonna be some blow out liek it has been in the past. u can say all u want about your best player. peabody did the same thing and we shut him down. and yeah u may be able to shut our #22 down but we still got #9. and if u stop him too we got #24. we got more than one weapon. it takes more then one player to make a team win. and if we win im not gonna get on here and throw it in yalls faces and if yall win im not gonna say it was cuz of bad calls. friday will be a good game and i cant wait for it.

ghs- 42 alcoa- 35

I don't think you're getting my post. I think it will be a good game. I just don't thinkGoodpasture has as MANY weapons as Alcoa. The game will come down to time of possesion.

Second (or, rather, third) verse same as the first.

We've heard this last year, about how GP was bigger and faster than the year before. Alcoa isn't taking this lightly, they're practicing hard this week. They have something to prove; they weren't expected to still be playing.

They've definitely gotten better as they year's gone on. We've had different looks all season...which look will GP be scouting? If DCA, CPA, & GP are all about the same talent wise, the game should be over by halftime.

Sorry, GHS2009, not much of a chance. Too many weapons to stop again this year.

Very funny. I will admit something, CPA was a great team that Goodpasture beat twice. I guarentee you they would have gave Alcoa problems with Connor Lowery (who should have been nominated for Mr. Football). That same DCA team that beat Goodpasture didn't show up at Alcoa. I had a couple friends at the game that said DCA literally laid down and seemed automatically intimidated from the moment they stepped on the field. Now that DCA team that showed up against Goodpasture had something to prove and were not afraid of Goodpasture and with huge plays and lack of Goodpasture focus found themselves down 28-7 at the half. Alcoa's one of those teams that if you come into the game unsure they will kill you. Unfortunately I know for a fact that Alcoa isn't taking Goodpasture as light as the fans because I'm guessing they saw the Goodpasture Peabody game. Goodpasture has the team to compete its just whether they believe it or not and you talk about your main three Goodpasture has a main three too. I believe those three are quality backs that can play anywhere. Also be watching #30 for Goodpasture who is literally amazing (30 tackles together in the last two state games). He will be all over the field and that's a guarentee.

I don't think you're getting my post. I think it will be a good game. I just don't thinkGoodpasture has as MANY weapons as Alcoa. The game will come down to time of possesion.

I mean say what you want to say about weapons they are evenly matched to me. Even though I know Alcoa will think differently lol. Here are the stats through week 11.

Alcoa

Name Att. Yrds Avr. TD's

Hodge 72 679 9.4 16

Toney 64 751 11.7 8

Cobb 47 555 11.8 8

Goodpasture

Name Att Yrds Avr TD's

Mayes 75 660 8.8 11

Rogan 38 528 14.0 11

Cunningham 50 465 9.3 14

So Goodpasture athletes aren't just slouches they can play some football and those stats have improved in the last two weeks with two great offensive games but I couldn't find Alcoa's stats over the last couple weeks.

The big money in the T$$AA got what they wanted with the new playoff format. They got their two shots at Alcoa by two of their 3 Nashville privates. But as everyone has known all year, it's not enough to matter. In reality, unless you're an Alcoa fan...because Goodpasture has none, it's sad when every year the same "open zoned" team from east tn gets to play the same private school from middle tn. Is that the level playing field that the T$$AA says they're trying to create? I hope both teams do well in the off-season on those recruiting trails... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> .

So your solution is to arrange things so the best teams don't play in the final game? That sounds like a plan.

As long as the TSSAA sets the rules, don't criticize the teams for being winners under those rules. Trust me, if Alcoa and the privates were cheating, the TSSAA would correct the situation - just ask Brentwood Academy.

Just keep trying to figure out a way to eliminate teams until your team can win. Winners compete - losers complain.

So your solution is to arrange things so the best teams don't play in the final game? That sounds like a plan.

As long as the TSSAA sets the rules, don't criticize the teams for being winners under those rules. Trust me, if Alcoa and the privates were cheating, the TSSAA would correct the situation - just ask Brentwood Academy.

Just keep trying to figure out a way to eliminate teams until your team can win. Winners compete - losers complain.

As in losing in the 1st round? Is that losing...or competing?

As in losing in the 1st round? Is that losing...or competing?

Antwan, you read my posts, always take one sentence out of context, then reply negatively to them, but never understand them. Let me help you out on this one.

When I say "winners compete and losers complain" I am not referring to winning and losing a game. My point was that winners (in life) play, not complain. Losers would rather complain than figure out how to play. And yes, CPA lost in the first round to GP. Wish we could have played Smith Co. so we could have blown them out, which we would have done.

I mean say what you want to say about weapons they are evenly matched to me. Even though I know Alcoa will think differently lol. Here are the stats through week 11.

Alcoa

Name Att. Yrds Avr. TD's

Hodge 72 679 9.4 16

Toney 64 751 11.7 8

Cobb 47 555 11.8 8

Goodpasture

Name Att Yrds Avr TD's

Mayes 75 660 8.8 11

Rogan 38 528 14.0 11

Cunningham 50 465 9.3 14

So Goodpasture athletes aren't just slouches they can play some football and those stats have improved in the last two weeks with two great offensive games but I couldn't find Alcoa's stats over the last couple weeks.

Don't let Alcoa's numbers confuse you and think they're evenly matched. What the stat sheet doesn't show is Alcoa has most of their yards in just 2 quarters of play. I believe the only game the starters have played all 4 quarters was the Maryville game. They've played some 3rd quarters but not many, so these numbers could easily be doubled! If GP thinks they can match up with Alcoa's athletes and speed then you're gonna be in for a big surprise!

Antwan, you read my posts, always take one sentence out of context, then reply negatively to them, but never understand them. Let me help you out on this one.

When I say "winners compete and losers complain" I am not referring to winning and losing a game. My point was that winners (in life) play, not complain. Losers would rather complain than figure out how to play. And yes, CPA lost in the first round to GP. Wish we could have played Smith Co. so we could have blown them out, which we would have done.

I seriously doubt that pixie stix. SC had a very good pass defense. Their weakness was turnovers. They pounded DCA in the preseason. YAI played two perfect games. They didn't do so against DCA. It's a moot point anyway. Comparative scores don't matter much. See your region. The bottom line is we both are watching this Friday.

You are the negative one. You criticize your own team and coaching staff at every opportunity. If I disagree with your statements...that's negative (in your mind).

As far as competing...we have done just as well as you the last several years. In fact...better. You have complained just as much as anyone.

I really get tired of your compete and complain crap. We have competed very well in our class and one class above.

I tire of the you have to work harder to get better to beat the best teams. That is a bunch of bunk too.

It's not as simple as that for rural schools. It's just not.

Don't let Alcoa's numbers confuse you and think they're evenly matched. What the stat sheet doesn't show is Alcoa has most of their yards in just 2 quarters of play. I believe the only game the starters have played all 4 quarters was the Maryville game. They've played some 3rd quarters but not many, so these numbers could easily be doubled! If GP thinks they can match up with Alcoa's athletes and speed then you're gonna be in for a big surprise!

Why do you keep on telling us how good Alcoa is, are you not sure yourself. I think we already know at least from what you say

I seriously doubt that pixie stix. SC had a very good pass defense. Their weakness was turnovers. They pounded DCA in the preseason. YAI played two perfect games. They didn't do so against DCA. It's a moot point anyway. Comparative scores don't matter much. See your region.

You are the negative one. If I disagree with your statements...that's negative (in your mind).

As far as competing...we have done just as well as you the last several years. In fact...better. You have complained just as much as anyone.

I really get tired of your compete and complain crap. We have competed very well in our class and one class above.

I tire of the you have to work harder to get better to beat the best teams. That is a bunch of bunk too.

It's not as simple as that for rural schools. It's just not.

Antwan, you are a very accomplished poster, so don't dig a deeper hole than you already have. Let's look at your last response to my post:

1. You can't make a good argument, so you resort to childish name calling. Well, doesn't surprise me. You have done it before.

2. You don't disagree with my opinions, you misstate my opinions, then criticize what I didn't say.

3. You defend the fact that you don't complain when I never said you did. I was talking to Bigreid, not you.

4. You say the principle of "working harder to get better" is not sound. That's an odd position to take.

5. You say I have complained as much as you. When??

6. You say you have competed well, but at the same time say that as a rural school you can't compete with the best teams. Which way is it?

I never attacked SC in my posts in this thread, except to state my opinion that we would have beaten them bad this year. Since we beat DCA by 16, DCA blew out York, and York beat you twice, what do you think the outcome would have been?