Alcoa vs Goodpasture

Tornado89

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to see Alcoa's starters play for more than a half............................................. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

O The starters will play most of the state game. I was hoping to play Peabody next week because I know for a fact that GP can't and won't beat us running that wing t without speed! It's time to put Alcoa on turf and that makes a fast team that much faster!! GP should already know what's going happen, but good luck anyway and we'll see ya next week.

I'd just like to see Alcoa's starters play for more than a half............................................. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

Hey, Congrats on winning the tickets to Friday's game...if you need a couple of friends to give a couple of tickets to, I'll pretend to be your friend all weekend!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

O The starters will play most of the state game. I was hoping to play Peabody next week because I know for a fact that GP can't and won't beat us running that wing t without speed! It's time to put Alcoa on turf and that makes a fast team that much faster!! GP should already know what's going happen, but good luck anyway and we'll see ya next week.

Really theres nothing to say anymore. This being the third match-up, and have already been through these message boards (knowing that Alcoa fans will come through and bash Cougars all day on this board) Goodpasture really has nothing to say. But all I can say is that the advantage Goodpasture has is that this year Goodpasture only returned about 3 starters and that these new young guys don't have to deal with the mental fact that they got smashed by Alcoa twice because they have never played Alcoa before. For all they are thinking is its just another big game for them. In past years Goodpasture has been known as a big offensive line with a pounding mentallity and whenever you get on top of them they fold easily (55-13 and 31-3). This year not a big line at all (probally the smallest in their own region), recievers aren't really that bad, quarterback is decent, runningbacks are solid as usual, defense small (but recently have been effective in these last games), but these guys have the best characteristic you can ask for... THEY WILL NOT QUIT! After being doubted the whole preseason because of a lack of inexperience (because they only returned 3 starters) they just took that as momentem. They have proven their heart in almost every game this season. After being a huge under dog to the 5-A state runner ups they hang on and fight and come through in overtime, going into 3-A powerhouse David Lipscomb territory and coming back and beating them in overtime, battling CPA and Connor Lowery (who I think is a Mr. Football finalist) and beating them two weeks straight including a OT win they have proved they will battle anyone. They some how just find ways to win. There are many teams they played that won't admit that Goodpasture was the better team becuase every game seems like luck. Even when they lost they showed determination. They got caught sleeping against DCA and were down 28-7 at half time many teams would fold but they faught back and lost 35-28 on a last second interception in the redzone. They may not be the best team to come through Goodpasture but they will fight, will NOT be intimidated, and play their hearts out. After all about 15 of these guys are playing in their first State Championship! Good luck Alcoa! I hope for a injury free game. So lets buckle em up and play football!

Really theres nothing to say anymore. This being the third match-up, and have already been through these message boards (knowing that Alcoa fans will come through and bash Cougars all day on this board) Goodpasture really has nothing to say. But all I can say is that the advantage Goodpasture has is that this year Goodpasture only returned about 3 starters and that these new young guys don't have to deal with the mental fact that they got smashed by Alcoa twice because they have never played Alcoa before. For all they are thinking is its just another big game for them. In past years Goodpasture has been known as a big offensive line with a pounding mentallity and whenever you get on top of them they fold easily (55-13 and 31-3). This year not a big line at all (probally the smallest in their own region), recievers aren't really that bad, quarterback is decent, runningbacks are solid as usual, defense small (but recently have been effective in these last games), but these guys have the best characteristic you can ask for... THEY WILL NOT QUIT! After being doubted the whole preseason because of a lack of inexperience (because they only returned 3 starters) they just took that as momentem. They have proven their heart in almost every game this season. After being a huge under dog to the 5-A state runner ups they hang on and fight and come through in overtime, going into 3-A powerhouse David Lipscomb territory and coming back and beating them in overtime, battling CPA and Connor Lowery (who I think is a Mr. Football finalist) and beating them two weeks straight including a OT win they have proved they will battle anyone. They some how just find ways to win. There are many teams they played that won't admit that Goodpasture was the better team even though they got the w. Even their only negative can be used as a positive. They got caught sleeping against DCA and were down 28-7 at half time many teams would fold but they faught back and lost 35-28 on a last second interception in the redzone. They may not be the best team to come through Goodpasture but they will fight, will NOT be intimidated, and play their hearts out. After all about 15 of these guys are playing in their first State Championship!

Intimidated or not GP has no chance to compete with Alcoa. Like it or not...that's the way it is.

WAY TO GO ALCOA........................

OVER THE HILL THERE IN MARYVILLE, WE WAS A ROOTEN FOR

YOU ALL. COULD'T BE HAPPIER FOR YA ALL.

I HAVE REALLY ENJOYED THE PAST 3 YEARS OF GOING

DOWN TO THE BORO TO WATCH YOU AND THE RED REBELS PLAY, AND WIN AGIAN!

DON'T LET THIS FAN OF YOURS AND MARYVILLE'S DOWN.

GOOD JOB TONIGHT, AND GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK.

SEE YA THERE.

Intimidated or not GP has no chance to compete with Alcoa. Like it or not...that's the way it is.

I'm so tired of hearing this...So GP should just stay home since there is no way they can win this game? Come on man thats why you "play the game". This has been the year of the upset in college football....maybe its time for an upset in High School Football.

Here we go again. Unfortunately for GP. It is going to be sad the beat down that they are going to take on Friday. It could get really ugly. Words cant describe how fun it is to continously ruin GPs season. They are dreading the trip down to the boro I can guarantee it. I think if Rankin doesn't call off the dogs Alcoa will be able to pick the score that they want to win by. If DCA be GP for any reason then I will promise you that the only way GP could win would be a miracle. I bet they are getting tired of seeing so many silver balls in that trophy case. Well they better make room for one more. Maybe the best thing for GP to do would be to go up to 3a where they might have a chance at winning. Wait a second that wouldn't work either because Fulton from EAST TENN is in 3a. Well I hope that you guys can get used to winning the silver balls because for the next 3 years you all will be in the same position (second place). Gosh it must be frustrating being from GP. The turf field is just a nightmare for GP. The speed of the Tornadoes is amazing and on turf WOW. Cobb will have 3 touchdowns passing, one running, and maybe an interception. Hodge will have minimum 2 TDs and Thompson 2 picks and 2 TDs. I cant wait for the rest of the state to get to see how good we are this year and how dominate once again we will be. I cant wait until friday and go TORNADOES.

ps. sorry for all the trash talk but I have had negative experiences with the people and players from GP