Alcoa vs Goodpasture

Tornado89

A new game, a new year...we'll see what happens. I know the East and West TN crowd will beat up on GP, but what else is new? Maybe its because GP is not a "one sport" school, or because its a "bunch of rich private school kids"...I'm not sure why people hate a team so much that CONSISTENTLY has stellar sports and academics.

Also, I wouldn't have a handful of state championship rings from my time at GP if I listened to all of you. I would have tucked tail and ran, but we didn't and I'm proud of it.

Humm a handfull of rings from Goodpasture?? Yall have only won 3 state titles (95, 99,01) so unless you were in school for 6 years youve only got 2 max....Thats not a handful. The max you can get as a player is 4 and come friday thats what the Seniors are gunning for. Goodpasture all time against alcoa is 4-1. The one win they werent even the best team on the field but attitude problems kept them (alcoa) out of the state title game for a second year in a row. This is a small rivalry in a sense but its like the alcoa-Maryville rivalry. Where Maryville beats Alcoa seemingly every year. Goodpasture just cant get over the hump and beat Alcoa and honestly i dont see it happening this friday either...Maybe in about 5 years

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humm a handfull of rings from Goodpasture?? Yall have only won 3 state titles (95, 99,01) so unless you were in school for 6 years youve only got 2 max....Thats not a handful. The max you can get as a player is 4 and come friday thats what the Seniors are gunning for. Goodpasture all time against alcoa is 4-1. The one win they werent even the best team on the field but attitude problems kept them (alcoa) out of the state title game for a second year in a row. This is a small rivalry in a sense but its like the alcoa-Maryville rivalry. Where Maryville beats Alcoa seemingly every year. Goodpasture just cant get over the hump and beat Alcoa and honestly i dont see it happening this friday either...Maybe in about 5 years

Tornado74, I'm sure he's talking the "other" sports that they also play in high school. For some, there is life beyond football, and Goodpasture has laid claim to many of those. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I believe it will be too much Randall Cobb for Goodpasture. Alcoa has other good players but Cobb is the guy who makes it go. Cobb is one of the best players in Tennessee.

Here is some more bad news for 2A Fans. It could also be bad news for Maryville fans. Alcoa will be even better the next few years. Especially in 2009 and 2010. I want Alcoa to win state in 2A but I don't want them beating Maryville.

Hey, Congrats on winning the tickets to Friday's game...if you need a couple of friends to give a couple of tickets to, I'll pretend to be your friend all weekend!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Thanks, ALL the Alcoa faithful are friends week in and week out!

Look forward to seeing them all next Friday!

Go Tornadoes!

/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Thanks, ALL the Alcoa faithful are friends week in and week out!

Look forward to seeing them all next Friday!

Go Tornadoes!

Does that mean I'll see a couple of tickets floatin' my way??? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Just like SC can't get beyond their own region?

Couldn't this year...did last year...just like about everyone else in the state except the ones left.

That has nothing to do with this game...though. Alcoa will hammer GP again. GP's defense is not as good as in

years past. That does not bode well. Alcoa may be better on offense than in years past. Their defense throttled

a pretty good balanced DCA offense. Nobody has gotten close to stopping Alcoa in the 1st half in the playoffs. This one will likely be over by halftime too.

i play for dca. and i am sorry, gp, as much speed as you have, it is no match for alcoa. it is not only their skill guys, it is their overall team speed. their DL and OL too. i have really never experienced anything like it. its not only that. they are EXTREMELY well coached. their DL and DBS play perfect technique. they are not bad sports or punks on the field, they keep their cool and just focus on the game, instead of trash talking. i tip my hats off to alcoa, they have earned my respect.

alcoa- 42

gp- 13

i play for dca. and i am sorry, gp, as much speed as you have, it is no match for alcoa. it is not only their skill guys, it is their overall team speed. their DL and OL too. i have really never experienced anything like it. its not only that. they are EXTREMELY well coached. their DL and DBS play perfect technique. they are not bad sports or punks on the field, they keep their cool and just focus on the game, instead of trash talking. i tip my hats off to alcoa, they have earned my respect.

alcoa- 42

gp- 13

Great post! Many teams think Alcoa has no class and are cocky until they actually play them. Alcoa never talks trash to the other teams and the players are very humble. They're very disciplined now that Rankin is here and they respect all opponents. We appreciate the credit you have givin us and congrats on a great season!