Smyrna vs. Independence

Great game Smyrna. The defense really forced turnovers and shut Indy, for the most part, down. Sonny had a great game, a good game to end ur highschool career on. Rod really proved he is Mr. Football. And Jeramiah had a GREAT game as well he really stepped up. I'm glad he is only a freshman /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />. If Smyrna has a quarterback step up next year Smyrna could come back with a good team. Great win! REPEAT!

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Smyrna. First team in the county to win back to backs. Pretty neat stuff.....Oakland first to win the gold. Oakland first to go to back to back state champs, but don't win it. Riverdale first to win more than two gold balls. Smyrna first to win back to backs. Incidentally, Smyrna is tied now for most pts scored in a 5A Champ game at 46 with ....you guessed it....Oakland in 98.

Way to go Bulldogs. Sonny Gray, you are now officially a LEGEND!

Oh no, let's not talk about that 98 Oakland championship game. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Indy was horrible.. Anyone who watched the game knows that. Whether they will admit it on here or not is a different story. I am meaning don't set it up so it always east vs. west no matter what. Plus it would mean teams will actually play someone they haven't seen before. I am tired of seeing teams that played in the regular season play eachother again in the playoffs.. They should give teams seeds and make it like an actual playoff. There would be people that would complain about travel... but you know they would just have to deal with it.. I am not saying a team from Region 2 is the best, but I am pretty sure more than half of region 2 would have beat Indy last night.

Hey havenofrienzz--

Talk about stating the obvious (in your screen name)...I bet your mother doesn't even like you. Try again next year CHUMP (I took that from CjTrojans without his permission...I hope you don't mind)

Anyways, great job everyone. i know a thousand other kids that would do anything to be in the position that both teams were in. I wouldn't have minded paying full price ticket if Independence showed up in the first half. How many dropped passes were there by indy receivers? Good job Middle tennessee football teams. Well represented in the state game. lol

Anyways, great job everyone. i know a thousand other kids that would do anything to be in the position that both teams were in. I wouldn't have minded paying full price ticket if Independence showed up in the first half. How many dropped passes were there by indy receivers? Good job Middle tennessee football teams. Well represented in the state game. lol

i personaly counted like a dozen passes that hit the recievers on the numbers....they just froze up. They desirved to be there no doubt and nobody can say they didnt. they just froze when it counted the most.... I love this INDY team. they have brought so much excitement and fun to my senior year. thanks for the Great year INDY.

It is hard to get over all the hoopla from the press, playing in a huge stadium where it is harder to hear your fans, and know you are on TV for the world to see. When you have a young inexperienced team like Indy is vs a team who has been there before like Smyrna.....I expected INDY to let nerves get the best of them. Then factor in the balanced O that Smyrna has and their great D....and you don't have a chance. I knew this one was going to be lopsided from the get-go. Be proud that you were in it. Most schools would still rather get blown out than have been at home watching.

Looks like the State Championship was between Smy and Bearden 2 weeks ago!

No, the State Championship was Saturday between Smyrna and Independence for those of us living in reality and not in some dream world of "what could have been".

I see you are from Hendersonville....your post might mean a little more coming from some ETN fan that came close to making the big show, but Hendersonville? Come on man, at least make the playoffs before you come in here telling us when the game was really played.

No, the State Championship was Saturday between Smyrna and Independence for those of us living in reality and not in some dream world of "what could have been".

I see you are from Hendersonville....your post might mean a little more coming from some ETN fan that came close to making the big show, but Hendersonville? Come on man, at least make the playoffs before you come in here telling us when the game was really played.

sorry jr. The best State playoff game was against the State Champ Smy and Bearden. Watched Bearden play over the last 6 years. Just moved to H'ville in the last year. Independence was a joke compared to Bearden!

They just had the easy side of the bracket.

The top game last year was against Ooltewah not Ravenwood!

Love football not a certain school.

It is hard to get over all the hoopla from the press, playing in a huge stadium where it is harder to hear your fans, and know you are on TV for the world to see. When you have a young inexperienced team like Indy is vs a team who has been there before like Smyrna.....I expected INDY to let nerves get the best of them. Then factor in the balanced O that Smyrna has and their great D....and you don't have a chance. I knew this one was going to be lopsided from the get-go. Be proud that you were in it. Most schools would still rather get blown out than have been at home watching.

An inexperienced Indy team? Are you nuts. WE have 26 seniors that have played every snap together since freshman. We were not inexperienced that is an excuse. Next year we can use that excuse as we will be very down for a year or 2 but not Saturday.

Let me state a few facts. All I can say is that I saw Indy play 4 of the 5 playoff games with Millington being the exception. When we played Gallatin and Antioch it was like watching a junior varsity team play agaist my Eagles. Those teams were absolutelu terrible. Now I would like to think that Indy had a lot to do with that but who knows. Maybe we were lucky to be in the State Championship game but to get there it takes a little luck at times. As for Smryna they could have beaten us by 60 the way we played. But you know what when all said and done we were 1 of 2 teams playing in the end.