South Pittsburg vs. Mckenzie

HomeyTheClown

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Duck, after watching highlights of the Rebels I really think this will be a great game. One game they ran the spread and then in one of the playoff games they ran power I and just rammed it down that poor team's throat. I will have to say ya'll have size, speed and athleticism. Reminds me alot of the Pirates! I know with this being the state game, both teams will lay it all out there. Carr has a good arm. Our secondary will have to play their best game of the year to slow you guys down. On our side of the ball, we have 4 guys that can take it to the house. Robert is definitely the MAN this year. I don't understand why he is not up for 1A Back instead of Lineman. He is a good linebacker, but I think he is a better running back. No one has stopped Robert this year. That will be the key for McKenzie.

ZP, I feel like you. I think offensively this could be one of the better teams SP has had. The defense is another story. I am not bashing these boys at all. The DL has played very well in the playoffs, we have just given up too much in the passing game. The 94 (Banks boys) and 99 teams had better defenses in my opinion. Those Banks boys would flat out kill people. Vincent had a game saving open field tackle again Flowers from LC in the title game. The 99 team just had a stout bunch across the board. It did not hurt that they were all seniors /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

MikePirate, I want your take on the highlights from McKenzie's website. They look like a formidable opponent to me!

Our offense has been formidable for our opponents so far this season. We have a way of going with whatever it takes to get a W in a game offensively. SP will see a good balance of run and pass from us. Generally, our defense is quite adequate too. Marco Dailey ran pretty roughshod on us last Friday but, it is easy to see why he is a finalist for Mr. Football back in class A from seeing him play too!!!!

dont mean to intrude, but anyway to listen to this game online?

gl to all

I have always provided the servers and link for the game by way of the TN Sports Radio Network but the TSSAA has a new network, thssn.net, and I think they will be covering the games. I'll check and let you know.

Here is what THSSN.net has for each game:

2007 Tennessee High School State Championship Football

Football - LIVE

2007 Class 1A Division I, Finals

Fri, 12/7/2007 3:30 PM

Middle Tennessee State University: Murfreesboro, TN

WEBCAST - ORDER DVD - TELEVISION

It looks like you can listen for free or watch the game live on the internet for $9.95

Our offense has been formidable for our opponents so far this season. We have a way of going with whatever it takes to get a W in a game offensively. SP will see a good balance of run and pass from us. Generally, our defense is quite adequate too. Marco Dailey ran pretty roughshod on us last Friday but, it is easy to see why he is a finalist for Mr. Football back in class A from seeing him play too!!!!

I watched the McKenzie - MP game this afternoon and I agree about Dailey. He is Amazing. McKenzies offense is very good and defense is decent. About like SP. We run a base offense (WingT) similar to TC's only we are faster. We also run some gun and pro. McKenzie had their hands full with TC. That game was much closer than the score showed.

McKenzie likes to spread you out. Their QB is good.

luck and ifs.................keep beleiving that stuff. you are one of the ones that was predicting a huge blowout. we played a lot closer than you all wanted, but you dont have to admit it, everyone knows it.

I would like to be the first to congratulate you on your Morale victory. Congratulations on a great passing attack, also congratulations on your vaunted defensive line to holding us to under 500 yds rushing. I try to refrain from posting anything negative about a high school football game. No way is my sarcasm directed at the Hampton Football team they deserve nothing but my respect on a great season and they did play a good game. This is all I have to say about the Hampton game, It's over and in the books.

I watched the McKenzie - MP game this afternoon and I agree about Dailey. He is Amazing. McKenzies offense is very good and defense is decent. About like SP. We run a base offense (WingT) similar to TC's only we are faster. We also run some gun and pro. McKenzie had their hands full with TC. That game was much closer than the score showed.

McKenzie likes to spread you out. Their QB is good.

Zone Pirate ,I think you will have some Bulldog supporters at the Boro. I do believe Mckenzie is better than some are giving them credit for, but My money would be on the Pirates. GETTTTTTTTURRRRRRRDUNNNNNN

This post shows what you know /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . DB's aren't responsible for backs coming out of the backfield for passes in the flats. You also need to give your QB credit for the almost prefect passes he threw at times. Our DB's had it well covered many times and he just made the throws. He is pretty good. Just more sour grapes /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Well, speaking of "ifs"..."if" SP hadn't scored those 32 points, TC would have won, 16-0....BUT,

that wasn't the case. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Folks, it's the final numbers on the scoreboard that counts. Everybody has games and daily

events that we can say woulda, coulda, shoulda, done something different. Problem is, you

can't press "delete" & start over. Get over it & get ready for next season....we are!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

BTW....GO PIRATES.....BRING HOME THE GOLD

See ya Zone.......

Here is what THSSN.net has for each game:2007 Tennessee High School State Championship Football Football - LIVE 2007 Class 1A Division I, FinalsFri, 12/7/2007 3:30 PMMiddle Tennessee State University: Murfreesboro, TNWEBCAST - ORDER DVD - TELEVISION It looks like you can listen for free or watch the game live on the internet for $9.95

Coach...I assume you will be at the game?? If so I would like to meet up and put a face with the name. An idea.....CoachT should put together and sponsor a T'ers meet and greet

BTW....GO PIRATES.....BRING HOME THE GOLD See ya Zone.......

Thanks man. Looking forward to seeing you again Friday