South Pittsburg vs. Mckenzie

HomeyTheClown

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont' know if I have ever said it but here goes............................................................................

GO PIRATES!!! Do us all in the county proud!! I have watched the Marion/SP, SP/FCS, SP/G-Ville, and SP/Hampton. If I can get all my work done early I will drive up and watch the last one of the year also. Seems like the pirates have gotten better as the year has went on. The only thing that worries me is that spread that MK runs. I know that they probably have better athletes than we did and for a half we were in control of the game. Problem is we couldn't keep up with yall. Hampton scored pretty well and drove the field on yall, but they couldn't get any stops. That is the key, to get stops. If SP wins the turnover battle, they win going away. SP 41-21

And again, Go Pirates!!

The Spread? What are you talking about. Mckenzie probably runs the ball 70% of the time. If thats the spread then I haven't watched many games this year. Mckenzie can score from many positions and have. We can run the ball up the gut or we can throw it for 70 easy. Carr can throw the ball over 65 yards with pin point accarucy. Keep thinking we run the spread and you will be surprised friday.

The Spread? What are you talking about. Mckenzie probably runs the ball 70% of the time. If thats the spread then I haven't watched many games this year. Mckenzie can score from many positions and have. We can run the ball up the gut or we can throw it for 70 easy. Carr can throw the ball over 65 yards with pin point accarucy. Keep thinking we run the spread and you will be surprised friday.

You realize you can run out of the spread too??

Trust me, a few folks in SP know what you run /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . McKenzie does utilize some spread but runs out of the formation as much as they pass out of it. The highlight clips on the McKenzie web site give a false impression because they are pass heavy. They really like the Pro I best

The almighty chosen one named Ditka will grace everyone with his presence.. I suppose I will go ahead and come to the game with him.. The Blue Raider nation promised him they would supply him with some nice seats away from fans.. Ditka thinks this will be a good game but thinks SP will win by 14 - 21 points.. I will have to agree with him on this one.. SP 42- M- 21

Oh and SP along with alot of the best teams every year on 1A could beat many many teamsn in 4 A... Not saying they could do it weekend and week out because of the numbers but they could...

If you look back at scrimmages games alone in the past 10 years or so.. It goes something like this

these are just a couple of examples.. Now i understand they are just scrimmage games but beating power houses from 4A and the big Privates is impressive non the less..

94 South Pitt 35

Soddy Daisy 21

98 South Pitt 49

McCallie 35

99 South Pitt 28

Ooltawah 0

Me and Ditka have seen Red Bank play, I am sorry to say but South Pittsburg has a much better team... As for Maryville, Yes South Pitt could score 14 but Maryville would score 42....

Mckenzie likes to run a pro set also... if you think they are a based run team lol your crazy its a team based on carr.. they can run make no mistake about it.. there running game isnt as near as good as spitt's.. but spitt isnt as sharp throwing as Mckenzie.. but what many mistake the pirates as just a running team because we usually get the job done running.. but we are a very good passing team as well. with our Qb having the best passer rating in the chattanooga area by over 100 point's all i can say to Mckenzie is if we can get the ball to Rashawn, look out he makes things happen.. he reminds me of Neon Deon for real... and you WONT stop Robert Robinson... we have played the best defenses in 2A and 1A and he hasnt been stopped yet.. not even close... and if you can stop him , you have 3 other back's that can and will Burn you... we have 3 back's over 1,000 yards and one aproaching 2,500... no this being said , he doesnt and hasnt played all 4 qtrs in probably 5 or 6 Games so imagine what he would have if he played all 10.... id say Marco would have some competition.. i saw a Cascade Coach in front of me at the Hampton game he left in the 4th and said he was amazed at Robert Robinson... said some A colleges was crazy if they didnt steal him... all this beign said.. If we dont turn the ball over and can stop just 2 of Mckenzies drives this game will be over early.. If Mckenzie gets to a have to pass situation. I think spitt return's a cpl for TD.... spitt 35-14

South Pitt by 14. Too much team speed.

Are you saying that McKenzie has to much team speed and that South Pitt. is going to lose by 14...............That will be alright with west Tenn., Fans. GO MCKENZIE go get them REBELES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

South Pitt by 14. Too much team speed.

Did you know that Mckenzie is over-rated and is a lucky team..................................

You realize you can run out of the spread too??

Trust me, a few folks in SP know what you run /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . McKenzie does utilize some spread but runs out of the formation as much as they pass out of it. The highlight clips on the McKenzie web site give a false impression because they are pass heavy. They really like the Pro I best

Exactly, and he says "spread" like it is a bad thing; the spread is a very effective offense when executed properly and very good to run out of by spreading the defense out and running underneath. Mckenzie ran it some in the MP game but they used a few different formations, I think this can be decent game b/c the thing that stood out the most was that they didnt make many mistakes concerning turn-overs and stupid penalties, I am looking foward to watching this game.....