Mr. Football Winners

HEATHHELTON

If Wilkes won this award it has been made a joke. No offense to Wilkes but there is no way if you are giving this award out to the best back in 5A for 2007 and Andre Sterling does not win this award it is not right.

The award was a joke before Wilkes won it

WOW! I haven't been around this area for too long, but the disrespect I have seen Smyrna receive over the last year or so has been enough for a lifetime.

Congrats Rod!!!! You DESERVED to win this award!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Wilkes won this award it has been made a joke. No offense to Wilkes but there is no way if you are giving this award out to the best back in 5A for 2007 and Andre Sterling does not win this award it is not right.

Saw the Sterling kid play against Bearden and no offense but his stats are due to the fact he plays teams in east tennessee. He is a good high school football player and that is it. He may be a legit 1AA player but no way D1.

The award for Class 5a Back is a TOTAL JOKE !!! It's just as bad as when the Heisman or Heistman trophy was stolen from Peyton Manning. No offense to Jenks because I'm sure he is a good player, but NOBODY and I mean NOBODY had a better year or 4 year career than Andre Sterling. I mean the stats speak for themselves. He averages way over 200 yds rushing per game (2738 total rushing yds.) and had 29 TD's against defenses geared to stop him with many times 8 in the box. This is the 4th best season in State of Tennessee HISTORY !!! Plus he finished his career in the Top 10 rushers of ALL TIME in TSSAA history !!!

This is a TOTAL joke, and nothing but the blatent bias that exists in favor of Middle Tennessee in this state when it comes to high school athletics.

That's OK, Andre'. Those who followed this season know who the REAL Mr. Football should be !!!

Saw the Sterling kid play against Bearden and no offense but his stats are due to the fact he plays teams in east tennessee. He is a good high school football player and that is it. He may be a legit 1AA player but no way D1.

Yeah right. He only played in the toughest region in the state, Region 2 with 4 teams ranked in the Top 10 most of the season. Your comments are a total JOKE and prove that you have no real knowlege about his total body of work, but are making judgements on what you saw from a lackluster Farragut team performance against Bearden. You can take your middle Tn bias and .... well you know what you can do with it .

Guest Advisor

The last time I checked, the Mr. Football Awards were not given based on what level of college football the players are projected, expected, or even choose to play!! You Coacht posters that make statements based on "your favorite" team or player sickens most of the posters on here who love all high school athletics and all those who participate!

The award for Class 5a Back is a TOTAL JOKE !!! It's just as bad as when the Heisman or Heistman trophy was stolen from Peyton Manning. No offense to Jenks because I'm sure he is a good player, but NOBODY and I mean NOBODY had a better year or 4 year career than Andre Sterling. I mean the stats speak for themselves. He averages way over 200 yds rushing per game (2738 total rushing yds.) and had 29 TD's against defenses geared to stop him with many times 8 in the box. This is the 4th best season in State of Tennessee HISTORY !!! Plus he finished his career in the Top 10 rushers of ALL TIME in TSSAA history !!!

This is a TOTAL joke, and nothing but the blatent bias that exists in favor of Middle Tennessee in this state when it comes to high school athletics.

That's OK, Andre'. Those who followed this season know who the REAL Mr. Football should be !!!

aka... Dennis Rogan... 2 time finalist... Zero time winner. Look at his junior & Senior Stats compared to the competition. Sterling had my vote.

I hate to say I told you so but...... When the finalists were announced I said Andre wouldn't win because he was from E. Tenn. Happens all the time all the coaches and sports writers in middle Tenn. vote for sports awards and east Tenn. folks don't!!! Hurts like the devil but get over it like we did with Spence Gulmire.