GC vs. Oc: Who do you think will win?

lucasl

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibson Co. will hafta come out and play great basketball...this will easily be our toughest matchup thus far this year...Games like this are determined by who's coming out to play ball and who's executing right...It'll be a close one..unfortunately I won't be there because I'm going to the 'boro for the football championships but it should be a great one!!!

I know it is very early but so far GC looks better than last year, and OC may not be quite as good as last years fantastic team. I think this game will be determined by how OC handles GC's smothering full court press. GC's entire game is based on creating a helter skelter breakneck game. Their main weakness is scoring in the half court game and they need to create mega turnovers to get most of their shots in transition. Unfortunately for GC, the Obion girls are usually very sound against the full court press, and they also shoot the ball better than GC.(FG and free throws) GC must manufacture MANY more possessions/shots and somehow, someway prevent Roney from being Roney. Can they do that? Yes. Will they? I'll be there to find out! It should be a dandy.

I really wasn't impressed by the lady rebels against south fulton. They may have just been having an off night. I do not know for sure. Surely, after beating marshall county and clarksville northeast, that's what it was. If OC wants to beat gibson county, they just need to concentrate on the task at hand.

This should be one heckuva game to start out the District 13AA race. THe Lady Pioneers have the numbers and a style to put pressure on the opposition. Can they create turnovers and score off those turnovers will be a big factor in how this particular contest pans out. As for the Lady Rebels, they will no doubt be facing the toughest test to date after some "feel good" wins over 1A competition last week. Yes, OC was impressive with a pair of wins over Clarksville NE and Marshall Co. in Columbia over Thanksgiving weekend but keep in mind, it was late November and everybody improves throughout the season or so they hope.. Everyone wants to focus in on just one player for the "OC" but keep in mind my 13AA friends that there are around seven players or so that put on that Lady Rebel uniform that can score at any time.

GC, with a new revamped coaching staff, with interesting to see starting out. If the Lady Rebs can handle the pressure and continue to play well in that trademark halfcourt defense, they should just get by and leave Pioneer country with a district win of about five points. No one has played OC close this season(outside of Madison Academic) so we'll see how they handle a little adversity in a close game..

Getcha Popcorn Ready!!

I agree with ya redbird, each team in 13AA has a main player but most of the teams are SOLID all around teams...I think Gibson Co. and Obion Co. will split during the regular season but I'm hoping GC pulls out both of them but it'll be tough...I agree that Gibson Co. relies on their heavy defense and not so much of a half court offense...This years Gibson Co. team kind of reminds me of last years Gleason team IMO...Should be a good one Friday night I say Gibson Co. 66 Obion Co. 61..Good Luck!

Gibson County just dont have the talent to hang with Obion. Gibson County needs to work on fundamentals this year and try to improve. Obion will win 78-48.

I don't know about fundamentals but I'd say we will have to score more points than what we have been...Our defense is our key this year with full court pressure. Heather Butler will be hard to stop and I believe Jana Roney will get her points that she'll need tomorrow night...not sure if GC will put Griffin or Pate on her or possibly maybe a little zone action...

jvaughn...what a game tonight, eh??? I thought our girls had ya'll when we went up by 6 or 7 but ya came back on us and beat us..Congrats..If your curious as to who I am, my brother coaches the Jr Pioneers boys and I was standing under the basket for the majority of ya'lls game with a red pullover and blue North Carolina hat

Remember this is basically the same team that beat the Lady Pioneers by an average of 28 points in two games last year...GC would have to improve DRASTICALLY to narrow that gap significantly,let alone beat the Lady Rebels....

I saw a post where some uninformed GC fan said OC wasn't as good as last year...Wrong...OC is better than last year's team they are a year older and more experienced...They will win because they are just simply better than GC this year...Period