East-West All Star Game Roster

flyingblind

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if the teams are going to practice leading up to the game? Also I've heard it was going to be on tv, anyone know what channel?

This is the link to the tv listings for this game.

http://www.volunteertv.com/eastwest/misc/11675411.html

Team Practice Sites: East- Tusculum College, Greeneville, West- Carson-Newman College, Jefferson City

Practice Dates: Tuesday afternoon, December 11-Friday, December 14

I think you are right about the east having the advantage. They at least seem to have more players from 4 & 5A teams. The west seems to have a lot from 2 & 3A. Maybe they will rotate the game from East to Middle to west. Jefferson City is a long drive even from Chatt in east Tn not to mention Memphis or upper west Tn. It would take me at least 5 hrs and I'm from middle Tn.

After looking at the roster I believe the only 1A player is Marco Dailey. He deserves it but I think a couple of other players from 1A should have been picked also. 1A gets no respect.

Roshaun Weaterspoon and Robert Robinson should be playing. I know after Friday some College coaches became very interested in them. Who does the picking?

Coaches around the state vote on who plays. FBGirl, the teams do not practice tomorrow, not sure when they do, but the players (at least from the West) won't arrive until late tomorrow night. The bus that is taking the players leaves at 4 o'clock tomorrow from Jackson, and making stops all along the way to pick up the rest of the players.

I saw that Marco Dailey was listed as WR in this game. Is this true? Why WR? I mean I figured he would not play QB, but I thought he would play RB. And will he get some playin time or is this a type of game that only the upper classes players play in? I would like to see how he will do against some of the 3a, 4a, 5a players.

I saw that Marco Dailey was listed as WR in this game. Is this true? Why WR? I mean I figured he would not play QB, but I thought he would play RB. And will he get some playin time or is this a type of game that only the upper classes players play in? I would like to see how he will do against some of the 3a, 4a, 5a players.

This is true. They have a couple of other pretty good RB's listed from 4 or 5A schools. They may use him as a slot and he may get some reps at RB. Of course some could depend on how the practices work out.

Alex Matlcock from Bruceton, also 1A, will be playing TE for the West.

The game is going to be televised on UPN 30 out of Nashville at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday according to that station.

Yeah, after seeing Marco in person, I would like to see him handle the ball a lot for the West on Saturday. He is a game breaker, no doubt about that. Even though he is rather small, I could see a lot of colleges, esp division II, investing a scholarship in him.

I would like to see him over here in the west at Bethel if he doesn't get offered at a bigger school. They have a pretty good program.

This is not the first EAST/WEST All-Star game. I know from past experience. It has been adjusted some though. It used to be played in the summer. And yes, for only seniors. When I played, both squads spent the entire week at Vanderbilt, in the dorms and had different practice times throughout the week. Of course, the TN/KY All-Star game was still in existance, so if you were a senior and you didn't make the TN All-Star team, you were eligible to make the Shriner's EAST/WEST All-Star game. I heard they played it the week after the season because kids were having a hard time playing in the summer due to having to practice with their respective colleges. Nevertheless, it was fun, and it is an opportunity to spend the week with a lot of good athletes. AND IT WAS ONE MORE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME!!!!