Region 3 5A Fans

Nitro14

No, but I have watched many games due to relatives and friends. I remember when this some of this senior class was playing youth football. I am an advocate for youth sports in Warren Co. I think that is how we will build our success in all sports.

Well we've probably run into each other a few times then. The first group of kids that I coached in youth league consisted of a few of the seniors from this year and last year's team. My second year we moved up an age group so I had some seniors from two years ago also.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we've probably run into each other a few times then. The first group of kids that I coached in youth league consisted of a few of the seniors from this year and last year's team. My second year we moved up an age group so I had some seniors from two years ago also.

Probably so.

10 guys in offseason weights?!? Things won't get any better until all players including those in other sports are required to be there an lifting daily. I would wager a large amount that all the other teams in the region do this.

This sounds so familar. Warren Co. was in the same rut. I had a few nephews who played during the 0-29 run. They said during the summer the weight room was open, but nobody was in there using it or making them work out. WC is starting to turn the corner and alot of it is due to weight lifting and conditioning. They have several coaches working with the boys and keep up with who shows up and who doesn't. It doesn't matter if they play other sports. They should still do some type of weigh training year around. I have seen a lot of Cumberland Co. posts and it just saddens me to see how everyone is turning against the coaches and each other. Like I said, it sounds familar.

This sounds so familar. Warren Co. was in the same rut. I had a few nephews who played during the 0-29 run. They said during the summer the weight room was open, but nobody was in there using it or making them work out. WC is starting to turn the corner and alot of it is due to weight lifting and conditioning. They have several coaches working with the boys and keep up with who shows up and who doesn't. It doesn't matter if they play other sports. They should still do some type of weigh training year around. I have seen a lot of Cumberland Co. posts and it just saddens me to see how everyone is turning against the coaches and each other. Like I said, it sounds familar.

You are right Nitro. Those were some lean years and it didn't help that we had 3 head coaches in 6 years either. Cumberland Co. you guys will be fine I can see why some of the athletes went to Stone I drove by the new school the other day when I was traveling. It is a very nice school with good facilities.

You are right Nitro. Those were some lean years and it didn't help that we had 3 head coaches in 6 years either. Cumberland Co. you guys will be fine I can see why some of the athletes went to Stone I drove by the new school the other day when I was traveling. It is a very nice school with good facilities.

Yeah, changing coaches isn't always the answer. I thought Heath Woods was pretty darn good and heard he is doing good since he left (WC). Couldn't figure Campbell and Tidwell out. It's hard to win when you don't have support or much talent. Sure there has been talent each year, but we need alot more than in years past. That's were the youth league and Middle School is so vital. There talking about building another high school here. How will that effect WC. I think that's were Cumberland Co. took a hit.

Yeah, changing coaches isn't always the answer. I thought Heath Woods was pretty darn good and heard he is doing good since he left (WC). Couldn't figure Campbell and Tidwell out. It's hard to win when you don't have support or much talent. Sure there has been talent each year, but we need alot more than in years past. That's were the youth league and Middle School is so vital. There talking about building another high school here. How will that effect WC. I think that's were Cumberland Co. took a hit.

I thought we needed two high schools at one time but now I am not for sure it would be the answer. I have thought about what White Co. does and have one middle school for the whole county and get them familiar with a larger school, because the SOME of the kids from the county schools have the hardest time adjusting. On the other hand that would create one of the largest uproars in the county due to parents not wanting to give up the county schools. Which, I would not want to be a school board member in a district of one of the county schools if it were to happen. I think that the best possible outcome would be a continuation of the 9th grade acadamy and create Hickory Creek Elementry (which is on the campus of WCHS) as a total 9th grade wing. This way the 9th grade will still be associated with Warren Co. High and can still use the facilities the varsity teams use. This will eventually result in building a new elementry school. Although, we will just have to wait and see what happens. That is my opinion and I know a lot of people probably won??™t agree with me, but that is what make s this country great isn??™t it.

i played all my life at coffee county and i love the program. but this post is about who will be stronger and who will be hurt next year. sadly every single team in our region is weaker. cookeville is the only exception because not only do they have many starters returning but every year no matter how many graduate, they are always solid. they had a disappointing season considering they did not host a playoff and had an injured star at tailback when they needed him against coffee county. everyone should know coffee county is losing there entire O-line including 4 year starter at tight end ben aaron, 2 fantastic tailbacks, quarterback, 3 receivers, 4 defensive lineman, linebacker, 2 men in the secondary, and their kicker and punter. the backups are more than capable i know for a fact however it will be a season in need of lots of work with the playbook and physical ability to play. the talks of coach price doesnt help either. luckily, warren county, cumberland county, and franklin county are replacing important players as well. lincoln county is losing moran along with some big lineman other than that im unsure. our region is hurting however i feel our region is blessed with good coaches (except maybe at cumberland county....im sure hes not that bad of a coach but if ur coach wont believe in u noone will.) another problem is our coaches with exception to lincoln and cookeville have little support from their community. coffee county has such a pathetic outlook on their highschool and show pathetic support. everyone is bashing coach price even though he is the most succesful coach we have ever had. i played for him and he made me not just a better football player but him along with his staff helped me become a stronger person and more disciplined student. i know most players in our region feel the same way about their coaches as i felt about mine yet people in the community have to get on board. that being said i know its early but i predicted this season around the same time last year and i was exactly right.here it go's

Cookeville - best group cominjg back

Lincoln County- has best coach experience in region

Coffee County- is hurting but if u work hard like u do every year ull be ok...better beat warren county or youll be hurt

Warren County- could compete against coffee county. keep getting better but u play coffee at coffee this year

Franklin County- rebuilding for 2 years now. dont want to underestimate but if your not in the playoffs this year u better think about investing in a new coach

Cumberland County- coach needs to believe in u along with ur community or ull stay on bottom like pre-price Coffee County

good luck to everyone.....GO BIG RED-Prove me wrong

Good insight there Manchester 04. I agree with you on Cookeville, they will probably win the region with the talent they have and good coaching staff. I think the rest of the region is a toss up except for Cumberland Co. I'm not trying to put Cumberland Co. down or anything, but don't see them doing much better this year with all the issues they have with fans, coaches and them being young. I think Franklin Co. could play spoiler this year. Coach Britton is a class act and is making a difference there. I saw thier JV team play this year and was very impressed. I know Coffee Co. is losing a bunch of seniors as is Warren Co. These two teams will be pretty even and I think it will come down to the coaches preperation during the off season and thier decisions on who they place in the positions left from the graduating class. Lincoln Co. has alot of work to do also,but has tradition on it's side. I don't care what anybody says, winning is as much mental as physical.

Good insight there Manchester 04. I agree with you on Cookeville, they will probably win the region with the talent they have and good coaching staff. I think the rest of the region is a toss up except for Cumberland Co. I'm not trying to put Cumberland Co. down or anything, but don't see them doing much better this year with all the issues they have with fans, coaches and them being young. I think Franklin Co. could play spoiler this year. Coach Britton is a class act and is making a difference there. I saw thier JV team play this year and was very impressed. I know Coffee Co. is losing a bunch of seniors as is Warren Co. These two teams will be pretty even and I think it will come down to the coaches preperation during the off season and thier decisions on who they place in the positions left from the graduating class. Lincoln Co. has alot of work to do also,but has tradition on it's side. I don't care what anybody says, winning is as much mental as physical.

If a coaching change happens at Cumberland County they might surprise you. The teams will have around 20 seniors next season. They are only losing like 4 kids that actually played. That is if next season seniors stick with it. If these kids are put in a situation to succeed, I believe they can. Believe it or not there is some talents on the CCHS team. It has to be utilized if it is not bring on 10 more losses. I not saying they will come out and when the region or anything. I do believe they will score more than 42 points next season! I hope lol.

i played all my life at coffee county and i love the program. but this post is about who will be stronger and who will be hurt next year. sadly every single team in our region is weaker. cookeville is the only exception because not only do they have many starters returning but every year no matter how many graduate, they are always solid. they had a disappointing season considering they did not host a playoff and had an injured star at tailback when they needed him against coffee county. everyone should know coffee county is losing there entire O-line including 4 year starter at tight end ben aaron, 2 fantastic tailbacks, quarterback, 3 receivers, 4 defensive lineman, linebacker, 2 men in the secondary, and their kicker and punter. the backups are more than capable i know for a fact however it will be a season in need of lots of work with the playbook and physical ability to play. the talks of coach price doesnt help either. luckily, warren county, cumberland county, and franklin county are replacing important players as well. lincoln county is losing moran along with some big lineman other than that im unsure. our region is hurting however i feel our region is blessed with good coaches (except maybe at cumberland county....im sure hes not that bad of a coach but if ur coach wont believe in u noone will.) another problem is our coaches with exception to lincoln and cookeville have little support from their community. coffee county has such a pathetic outlook on their highschool and show pathetic support. everyone is bashing coach price even though he is the most succesful coach we have ever had. i played for him and he made me not just a better football player but him along with his staff helped me become a stronger person and more disciplined student. i know most players in our region feel the same way about their coaches as i felt about mine yet people in the community have to get on board. that being said i know its early but i predicted this season around the same time last year and i was exactly right.here it go's

Cookeville - best group cominjg back

Lincoln County- has best coach experience in region

Coffee County- is hurting but if u work hard like u do every year ull be ok...better beat warren county or youll be hurt

Warren County- could compete against coffee county. keep getting better but u play coffee at coffee this year

Franklin County- rebuilding for 2 years now. dont want to underestimate but if your not in the playoffs this year u better think about investing in a new coach

Cumberland County- coach needs to believe in u along with ur community or ull stay on bottom like pre-price Coffee County

good luck to everyone.....GO BIG RED-Prove me wrong

good post and your right people need to leave Price alone he is the best coach Coffee County has had in my 23 years on this earth