Morris vs. Kelley...whos better

tjownsme

Ok guys the only way we are going to truly know is when we get to watch both of these players play.

But i have seen both of them play. Drew Kelly is a very good player, he will play college ball somewhere. But i do know this for sure- He pads his stats alot. or in other terms for those of you who dont know what that means- he scores alot at the end of games that arent close when other teams have in players that wont play in a close game. Morris hasnt had many of these and his coach, no offense to coach Kelly, wouldnt let him stay in to embarrass other teams

Are we talking about the same Centennial team? Drew Kelly is most of the time out of the game late unless its close. As far as padding his stats, is that what you call scoring 25 against Overton despite being TRIPLE teamed most of the night. Bottom line, Drew Kelly has never met a big guy he can't handle.

Speaking of playing college ball somewhere, how many SEC schools have been recruiting Morris so far?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we talking about the same Centennial team? Drew Kelly is most of the time out of the game late unless its close. As far as padding his stats, is that what you call scoring 25 against Overton despite being TRIPLE teamed most of the night. Bottom line, Drew Kelly has never met a big guy he can't handle.

Speaking of playing college ball somewhere, how many SEC schools have been recruiting Morris so far?

Can you say NONE?

I have yet to see him handle Z Mason from CPA

I agree that this isnt even an argument. No one will discount what Morris can do, etc. But Drew Kelly is a HM/MM+ division 1 player. He has offers from Southern Illinois, Notre Dame, George Mason, etc. and getting a lot HM interest as well. FYI...there is an article from this week on rivalshoops.com about Kelly right now. One player can take another on a given night but when you are looking at overall skill set and potential, it is no question Kelly. He proved it all summer playing against elite competition in both 16s and 17s division including 12pts against Greg Monroe (#1 player in 2008) and 18pts and 12 rebs against Keith Gallion (5 star 2009 center) and he has put up huge numbers so far this year even showing the ability to hit the three in a few games which he is very capable of doing but most times doesnt need to.

Again, this is not a slap at Morris at all.

I agree that this isnt even an argument. No one will discount what Morris can do, etc. But Drew Kelly is a HM/MM+ division 1 player. He has offers from Southern Illinois, Notre Dame, George Mason, etc. and getting a lot HM interest as well. FYI...there is an article from this week on rivalshoops.com about Kelly right now. One player can take another on a given night but when you are looking at overall skill set and potential, it is no question Kelly. He proved it all summer playing against elite competition in both 16s and 17s division including 12pts against Greg Monroe (#1 player in 2008) and 18pts and 12 rebs against Keith Gallion (5 star 2009 center) and he has put up huge numbers so far this year even showing the ability to hit the three in a few games which he is very capable of doing but most times doesnt need to.

Again, this is not a slap at Morris at all.

Also getting some interest from UT, Alabama, Georgia, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Miami U. (the Ohio one), MTSU, and Clemson.

Also getting some interest from UT, Alabama, Georgia, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Miami U. (the Ohio one), MTSU, and Clemson.

Alright Coach... I understand what your saying about Kelly. He is a very strong player, however, he is not as versatile as Morris. Yes under the basket i agree, he would beat him all day long. But Morris is much quicker and i dont believe Kelly could handle him on the wing. they would both have good nights scoring because i dont think either one could stop the other. I have heard of schools sending him letters... which is NOT the same as being offered

Alright Coach... I understand what your saying about Kelly. He is a very strong player, however, he is not as versatile as Morris. Yes under the basket i agree, he would beat him all day long. But Morris is much quicker and i dont believe Kelly could handle him on the wing. they would both have good nights scoring because i dont think either one could stop the other. I have heard of schools sending him letters... which is NOT the same as being offered

1. Not a coach, just a CHS alum

2. Kelly outscored Morris head-to-head last year 20 ppg-14 ppg. I'd say bottom line Kelly won that battle.

3. You're right, merely getting letters from SEC schools as a junior really has no reflection on one's talent.

1. Not a coach, just a CHS alum

2. Kelly outscored Morris head-to-head last year 20 ppg-14 ppg. I'd say bottom line Kelly won that battle.

3. You're right, merely getting letters from SEC schools as a junior really has no reflection on one's talent.

Ok then thank you. But anyways, i understand that... Last year... i really dont think that matters to much. Im not saying it does or does not. i agree he is very talented. all i said was that they werent "offers" they were just letters. They send letters to a whole bunch of people

with the offering vs getting letters, deal with Kelly

i may be wrong on this, but a school cannot offer any sort of scholarship till after a players Junior season. (meaning drew couldn't receive any offers till like March or April. He could then sign to a school in May or wait till later in his senior year.

there're other rules about recruiting that im not to sure about, so i wont bring them up, and i may even be wrong on what i said above, if i am please someone correct me...