How did Mt. Pleasant loses to this team

toto

From what I saw you do /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Just telling it how I see it....MP would not even made it past the first round if they played in SP's spot. If they played in Region 3 they would be 3rd at best. Compared to what we saw this year MP has poor blocking and they weren't very fast with the exception of Dailey. He is an amazing player who made MP a good team. He didn't run up and down the field against this year's team and wouldn't have...we shut down the running of some pretty good backs and QBs who had O lines that blocked a whole lot better than what I saw of MP's. I'm not downing the accomplishments just setting straight an MP fan who posted the question "How did MP lose to this team". Go read the very first post and you will see what the topic is all about. It was started by a MP poster trying to put down a good McKenzie team who beat them. I'm just answering his question truthfully

We could and would. Alcoa's coaches even said so. I tend to think they have just a little knowledge about football

Sorry but you are wrong.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What he said. South Pittsburg has 5-6 kids that speed wise can hang with Marco. Plus their overall team speed is much better.

If ya'll couldn't even beat us how in the world do you think you could have stood up to a team that methodically dismantled us. Marco is good but, MtP needs a lot more than him to deal with the SP Pirates. It's easy to sit at home and say "we would have done better". Well, next time get there and see how you do then. If you are real lucky you won't have to play a team as good as we did Friday if and when you get there.

I don't think this is a MP fan that started this thread. I have been posting on MP threads for a couple of years and don't remember ever seeing "toto" post. Maybe he is from one of the teams we beat along the way. I'm sure McKenzie did their best in the game it just wasn't enough that day. SP has a heck of a team. The only way MP makes the game any closer is by controlling the ball. We may, and I say may, have been able to keep the ball away from SP a little bit longer but the outcome would have been the same, IMO.

Zone as far as MP being slow, well we aren't as fast as SP over all but we aren't as slow as we appear on film either. I've learned that teams generally appear slower than they really are on film. Unless you have a common opponent you really can't compare until you play.

I really wish Coacht would close this thread. Whoever started this seems to want to disgrace MP and McKenzie and neither deserve it. We both lost and it isn't a good feeling for either of us.

I agree. Lets close the football thread until Spring practice. Its over and I have to say the favorites all won their title game. SP was the favorite in 1a, Alcoa 2, DL in 3, Maryville in 4 and Smyrna in 5. So really there is no sense in arguing the points anymore. We will see in about 8 months who are the ones to beat. No need to belittle anyones team. This year on these two days, the best of the best in the state for this year were playing from their respective regions. So need to even argue if Hampton is better than McKenzie or if MP could hang with SP. It is a mute point. Hey maybe the TSSAA should do like the NAIA in their playoffs and re-seed their teams after every round?

Maybe we should have a 5 team playoff with all the champions. Just Joking!!!!

See you guys in the spring.

Zone as far as MP being slow, well we aren't as fast as SP over all but we aren't as slow as we appear on film either. I've learned that teams generally appear slower than they really are on film. Unless you have a common opponent you really can't compare until you play.

We had a common opponent...McKenzie

Good luck to both teams next year. Maybe we will get a chance to compare team head to head in 2008