Mcgacock High Schools:Zach Franklin

FootballMan123

First of all i wasnt 3rd string actually.Im the Wide Reciever and had sucess until my Qb got his collar bone broke,then we had our 2nd string he wasnt very experienced but he tried hard and then i went to Rb and you can go check my success in that and then i got put at Qb against overton and come on i have never ever played QB and came in and one that game.Our head coach is a full back . And im definately not a full back.So of course he would be better at that .But you can keep talkin stuff on here cuz it doesnt bother me.And trying to talk me down its cool. It just makes me stronger and want to better.

Go RAIDERS!

Let me help you understand something about coaching. Coaches have a little something called a depth chart. I would be willing to bet you were listed third in the QB column. I'll amend my thrd string statement to 2nd back up QB. Does that help you out?

In high school, your coach wasnt a full back. He was a tail that ran out of a stack I that his coach called the stove pipe. He had blazing speed, and speed that you have come no where near. Coach Broome ran out of the backfield with another young man, Michael Coleman who also had blazing speed and turned down a full scholarship to Alabama who was defending national champs at the time and went and played professional baseball for the RedSox and the Yankees. The full back was Fred Porter (I think that is his name) and young man who was strong as a bull and opened up holes that you could drive a truck through.

If you got your feelings hurt this easily on a website, you have shown your level of mental toughness. Its an attitude that he plagued Mc for years. Its this very attitude that is reflected in your record. 3 wins and someone wants to get on here and talk about individuals and not a team. Same old Mcgavock.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all it's a sad situation for a grown man and to quote you said you were an "old man" to be talking to kids this way. Zach Franklin has no idea who posted this thread to begin with apparantly it's someone who thinks he has talent apparantly you have never seen him play. He has to be one of the most humble players that i have ever known he is a leader he builds his team up and he is also in the weight room he gets his sleep and most importantly he is getting an education he is a straight A student so before you post your trash talk you need to get your facts straight. I think you did this to get a rise out of him and that's a shame like I said he has no idea who started this thread. Your right Coach Broome and Mr. Tribue were great athletes and are very good coaches and do the best they can with the talent they have, they do try to recruit kids from the halls of McGavock High School but some kids these days are lazy and have no work ethic they can only work with what they have and believe it or not there is talent at McGavock High School. You seem to have so much knowledge about what a joke McGavock is and has been, were you a part of that joke? In my opinion and yes we all have one Coach T has built this web site for positive conversation not derogatory conversation and putting young men or adults down like you have, maybe next time you post on Coach T you will have something postive to say and refrain from the trash talking!!!!

Its sad that you think the truth is trash talking. Typical "volfan." Here's some trash talk for you. Do you have as many teeth as UT had wins this year?

MCGavockRaider11- I must come to your defense because your a kid and pupil of a VERY good friend of mine, Coach Broome.

Before I do that, I have to tell you that Broome was a Tailback and DB at Stratford (when we were still romping in metro). He

was one of the horsemen. Keep your head up, ears open, and you'll be fine. You have a coach that will invest time and effort in

his kids, IF THEY WANT IT.

SwamiSays- I have to agree with Volfan in saying that you should be ashamed of yourself with baiting and debating with this kid.

judge and knowledge isn't that thoughtout either in your assessment of the "comprehensive disaster." If there has been 1 metro

that has produced a state champion (Pearl twice in the late 90's), sent a school to the state championship game (Pearl (2),

Maplewood '07), then it shows that it can be done. Maplewood played in the class 4a, because of the issued enrollment of 1100 or

so, but in actually Maplewood MIGHT have 875 students probably. Point of the matter, they still did it. We would have to flip to the

basketball board to speak on those that have matriculated to the state championship game from Metro in the last 10 years. Again,

don't make it sound as if it's not doable. If that's true, why should the kids go out anyway. Thus, you shouldn't be baffled at kids

not participating.

Good post Volfan

PS- SwamiSays, I, as a grown man, respect your position; just disagree.

SwamiSays- I see that you do know a little about my Alma Mater:-) Erik Gardner was the real fullback for those teams. Fred Porter, transfer from HL, played more of a part the year after Erik graduated. Mike's speed wasn't 'centae speed, but it was decent.

McGavockRaider11, don't get caught up in this because those Stratford teams were once in a blue moon for any metro team. You had 4 thousand rushers (Richard Bryant, Greg Young, Arcentae Broome, Hurk Coleman, Erik Gardner, Fred Porter) in the same year for 3 or 4 years; take your pick. That had to be the GREATEST backfield ever. Running the wing T with this caliber of players was poetry in motion, but the likes of Gallatin (unfairly called game) and Lincoln ( a very GOOd team in and of itself) were the thorns in the side of the Spartans. Again, don't ever feel that you have to compare your team or any team of today with that team, because it will never happen again anyway. GO RAIDERS!

SwamiSays- I see that you do know a little about my Alma Mater:-) Erik Gardner was the real fullback for those teams. Fred Porter, transfer from HL, played more of a part the year after Erik graduated. Mike's speed wasn't 'centae speed, but it was decent.

McGavockRaider11, don't get caught up in this because those Stratford teams were once in a blue moon for any metro team. You had 4 thousand rushers (Richard Bryant, Greg Young, Arcentae Broome, Hurk Coleman, Erik Gardner, Fred Porter) in the same year for 3 or 4 years; take your pick. That had to be the GREATEST backfield ever. Running the wing T with this caliber of players was poetry in motion, but the likes of Gallatin (unfairly called game) and Lincoln ( a very GOOd team in and of itself) were the thorns in the side of the Spartans. Again, don't ever feel that you have to compare your team or any team of today with that team, because it will never happen again anyway. GO RAIDERS!

Erik was a man among boys. As were the others you mentioned. And you were right about Freddie, he was a year after EG. I was very good friends with one of Stratfords biggest supporters who has had passed away. Would go see them play all the time with him. Watching EG bouncing up and doing and talking about being geeked and then run right up some kids chest was amazing.

I wasnt debating with a child and I feel no shame. I was giving a stern lesson in reality. Something that most of these kids today dont get and when they do, they see it as insulting and trash talking.

Teach boys to be men. That is not being done much these days.

memory lane...we played that Stratford team in the play-offs in '92. I remember the 4 x 1000-yard rushers...that is simply incomprehensible in a 10-game high school season. I remember Gardner and Coleman as the seasoned veterans, with Broome (I think) a sophomore on the team. I can't specifically remember who the 4th was from among those names mentioned...I do remember that the Nashville Banner (remember when we used to have good high school sports coverage in the local media?) had a picture of them all on horses to start the year as "the 4 horsemen ride again" for the high school preview.

Stratford wore all black uniforms with white numerals, and the ball blended in with the jersies. They ran so many misdirections and fakes you never really could figure out who had the ball. I remember Gallatin beat them in the semis in '91; don't remember how their season ended in '92. They beat us by using of all things a half-back pass for a back-breaking TD on 3rd and long right before half-time.

What a great team that was...I wrote it earlier but at least 3 metro Nashville schools are coached by former star metro players...Ralph Thompson at Maplewood; Arcentae Broome at McGavock; and Mose Philips at Hillwood.

Erik was a man among boys. As were the others you mentioned. And you were right about Freddie, he was a year after EG. I was very good friends with one of Stratfords biggest supporters who has had passed away. Would go see them play all the time with him. Watching EG bouncing up and doing and talking about being geeked and then run right up some kids chest was amazing.

I wasnt debating with a child and I feel no shame. I was giving a stern lesson in reality. Something that most of these kids today dont get and when they do, they see it as insulting and trash talking.

It's a shame that this post started with a compliment to Zach Franklin and now has turned into a so called lesson in reality, I can promise you he doesn't need to learn that lesson from you. He has plenty of role models including his football coach Arcentae Broome who Zach is very close too, you posted some very rude and insulting comments towards him and the whole student body of McGavock High School and you should be ashamed, but I'm sure your not. And in turn to your insulting remarks Zach Franklin said some things that were totally out of his character, he is a team player and a leader, you don't know him and hopefully never will. Thank you to the others that have had positive things to say in Zach Franklin's defense and the poster who started this whole topic. I am glad for those of you who have been able to reflect and reminise about your past football days at least something good has come out of this. And SwamiSays I have read other posts on Coach T that you have written and the majority of them are nasty comments do you ever have anything nice to say. Zach Franklin hold your head up and don't let people like SwamiSays get you down, you know who you are and what you are about and your a good kid and "FIRST"an excellent student and "Second" an excellent football player.

You are right about Coach Broome ,he is a great coah . He is always there for us and cares alot about us.Im grateful to have a coach like him and He showed us his highlight tape and it was pretty nasty.And your right its a lot of gossip on here and unessasary talking and im not gonna stoop down low .And your right the spartans were bad back then!

GO RAIDERS!!!

I was at McGavock in the fall of '92 when both Stratford and McGavock were 7-0. Gardner ran the opening handoff right over our LB and went 80 yards for the TD. He had 300 yards rushing that night and Stratford beat us 42-10. Gardner was a BEAST! That was the only McGavock team that won a game in the state playoffs. We beat Ryan 14-12 at Vanderbilt. Jonathan Quinn was the QB, Tim Jones at Tailback.

Swami, I miss talking to Buster as well. I also agree that kids today cannot deal with reality. They always see it as "disrespecting" them. The problem is that they have grown up in a world of computer games. Unfortunately, when things don't go their way in the real world, they can't hit the reset button. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

It's a shame that this post started with a compliment to Zach Franklin and now has turned into a so called lesson in reality, I can promise you he doesn't need to learn that lesson from you. He has plenty of role models including his football coach Arcentae Broome who Zach is very close too, you posted some very rude and insulting comments towards him and the whole student body of McGavock High School and you should be ashamed, but I'm sure your not. And in turn to your insulting remarks Zach Franklin said some things that were totally out of his character, he is a team player and a leader, you don't know him and hopefully never will. Thank you to the others that have had positive things to say in Zach Franklin's defense and the poster who started this whole topic. I am glad for those of you who have been able to reflect and reminise about your past football days at least something good has come out of this. And SwamiSays I have read other posts on Coach T that you have written and the majority of them are nasty comments do you ever have anything nice to say. Zach Franklin hold your head up and don't let people like SwamiSays get you down, you know who you are and what you are about and your a good kid and "FIRST"an excellent student and "Second" an excellent football player.

What year did you flunk out of UT? Can you not read with one ounce of comprehension? Do you always act like such a crybaby? I hope you neither parent or coach. You are no example of being a man standing on his own two feet and facing adversity head on. Geez, what a baby.

Ps. Still waiting on that tooth count.

Pss. As to you comment about my other posts, I call it like it is. That's not negativity, thats honesty. And I must really be getting to you for you to be looking at my profile and reading my other posts at 6 in the morning. It must be hard for you to be that easily shaken up. You have been shown your place, now sit down.

I was at McGavock in the fall of '92 when both Stratford and McGavock were 7-0. Gardner ran the opening handoff right over our LB and went 80 yards for the TD. He had 300 yards rushing that night and Stratford beat us 42-10. Gardner was a BEAST! That was the only McGavock team that won a game in the state playoffs. We beat Ryan 14-12 at Vanderbilt. Jonathan Quinn was the QB, Tim Jones at Tailback.

Swami, I miss talking to Buster as well. I also agree that kids today cannot deal with reality. They always see it as "disrespecting" them. The problem is that they have grown up in a world of computer games. Unfortunately, when things don't go their way in the real world, they can't hit the reset button. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

There definitely seems to be a current generation of players and their parents who wear their emotions on their sleeves. Its the crybaby generation. I dont blame you for staying where you are. Some big changes are coming down the pipe for you metor boys. If you can stand to hang in another year or two, it may get better.

There definitely seems to be a current generation of players and their parents who wear their emotions on their sleeves. Its the crybaby generation. I dont blame you for staying where you are. Some big changes are coming down the pipe for you metor boys. If you can stand to hang in another year or two, it may get better.

Why is it when you complain about problems (ex: Metro situation), you consider it intelligent conversation, yet when a younger person makes a comment, it is them being a "crybaby"?