Top 10 In 1A

ptguard12

Amen to that /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oliver Springs needs to be considered. The Lady Cats just beat defending state champs Knox Webb ( Glory Johnson and Faith Dupree). All everthing guard Kayla CHristopher had 30 points.

The Lady Cats are 7-3 playing one of the toughest Class A schedules.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you about Jackson County this year. It doesnt matter what district or what class they are in this year, they would dominate it. (Even 13AA) Jackson County added a Miss Basketball and several others since last year plus they are a year older.

But last year there were 6 teams in 14A that would have beaten Jackson County. Gleason was the best team but there were 6 quality teams in 07. This year 14A is down from last year but the big difference is Jackson County is trillions better than they were last year.

Good post and i totally agree. Last year the best team won the state championship and that team was Gleason. I didn't realize how good they were until i seen them dismantle our girls at the state tourney. I'm not sure Gleason wouldn't have won AA as well they were that good. This year JC is having a great year but as all of us know thats been around for awhile, its not over until the gold is handed out and there are some very talented teams out there such as Clarkrange, Oliver Springs and a few others that will try to knock JC off. Having said that all these teams have to GET there first before anyone can win it. Now barring injury i do like JC and C'range out of this area to advance to the state tourney. Once that happens its a turkey shoot! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Oliver Springs needs to be considered. The Lady Cats just beat defending state champs Knox Webb ( Glory Johnson and Faith Dupree). All everthing guard Kayla CHristopher had 30 points.

Jackson Co. beat OS 59-35 already, (knox webb def. state champs??!!....)

I had Gleason #1 for the majority of the year last year after seeing them play really early in the year. I kept them at #1 despite receiving constant criticism from everyone else east of the Tennessee River telling me that there was no way they would win the gold ball. However, I knew how special Hudson was and how she was surrounded with what seemed like a perfect supporting cast to help her get the job done.

As for the Forrest/Gleason game: On paper, Forrest appeared to overmatch Gleason at a variety of positions (especially in the post), they had more offensive options than Gleason, and they also were the defending State Champions, whereas no one on the Gleason team had any State Tournament experience and they had just recently lost to Lake County. Gleason was dominate at the State Tournament last year, especially on the defensive end, and they rode the offense of the superb Kayla Hudson the entire way. They proved why they deserved to be ranked #1 for the majority of the year. There is no team in 14A this year (at least not yet anyway) that is even close to being on the same level Gleason was last year.

My point being if you had them ranked 1st all year ,why would you not pick them against anyone. Just like JC this year?Oh well it really does not matter. JC is very good this year but Trenton would match up with them at every position and is much more athletic.I think it would be closer than you think. Gleason and Greenfield are down a little but Dresden, Trenton, Bradford,Humbolt, and Lake County are better than last year or should be.

JC is very good this year but Trenton would match up with them at every position and is much more athletic.I think it would be closer than you think. Gleason and Greenfield are down a little but Dresden, Trenton, Bradford,Humbolt, and Lake County are better than last year or should be.

I am a 14A fan through and through and normally you may be right but Jackson County would beat Trenton by 30 this year. Trenton will have their hands full Friday night with Lake County. I'm telling you, this year Jackson County is on a different level.

Oliver Springs was in the poll up until this week, but because of where they were at in the poll last week and their loss to Anderson County, they dropped out. In my opinion, they are 7-4 (I count Hall of Fame games) and yes they are playing one of the toughest Class A schedules. The win over Knoxville Webb was a good win for them.

I think pg12 picked Forrest to beat Gleason so they should not have even met JC.I may see a lot of things in 14a but I have not yet.in 14a you have to be ready to play 16 to 18 tough district games every year or you will get beat.

14a year in and year out can't compete with 7a, there is an exception maybe 2 years out of 10 but check the championships games of pickect, clay, jackson counties and clarkrange and the entire 14a district have not played in as many as these 4 which have played in 26 state championship games and rickman in 2 before they closed and went to LA.

Wow. Pg12 and I have found common ground.

"The win over Knoxville Webb was a good win for them"

It was actually a great win, IMO. It was possibly the best win in this early season for any "Class A" team.

The loss to a much improved Anderson County team was baffling. However, it was good to see OS step up and beat a team the caliber of Knox Webb.

Great win for OSHS and Class A.

Jackson Co. beat OS 59-35 already, (knox webb def. state champs??!!....)

Yes, Knox Webb is the defending private school champs of the large division. They have one of the top frontcourts in America with UT signee ( Glory Johnson) and one of the top post players in America for the class of 2009 ( Faith Dupree).

There is no doubt Jackson County is the team to beat in Class A this year especially considering the off season transfer players JC added to the roster. OS lost at Jackson County in the first couple of games of this season. OS will improve as the season progresses ( as evidenced by the win over Knox Webb). Come post season time OS should be a tough out for any team. Considering JC's talent, its gonna take a superior effort from a Class A team to knock them off. JC is the team to beat, IMO.

14a year in and year out can't compete with 7a, there is an exception maybe 2 years out of 10 but check the championships games of pickect, clay, jackson counties and clarkrange and the entire 14a district have not played in as many as these 4 which have played in 26 state championship games and rickman in 2 before they closed and went to LA.

The last 15 or so years they have'nt had much trouble competing with a bunch of gold and silver.

I am a 14A fan through and through and normally you may be right but Jackson County would beat Trenton by 30 this year. Trenton will have their hands full Friday night with Lake County. I'm telling you, this year Jackson County is on a different level.

No way JC is 30 better than Trenton.Trenton plays defense.