Riverdale's David Spurlock

tdntn

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the up side though at least he will NOT be playing against Tn unless it is a bowl game. It could have been MUCH worse if he had gone to some place like Alabama!

Yeah, Bama already stole one big Tennessee recruit when they got Chris Jordan, at least they didn't get this one too. I wonder why he went to the sinking Florida State program though.

Yeah, Bama already stole one big Tennessee recruit when they got Chris Jordan, at least they didn't get this one too. I wonder why he went to the sinking Florida State program though.

I heard he waited too long to commit to Tennessee and Alabama. It happens some times when schools plan to sign a set number at one position it turns into first come first served unless you are a blue chip player.

Spurlock had offers from Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, Phillip Fulmer, Bobby Bowden, and even Urban Meyer at one time i believe. Few people can say that.

Watch for Spurlock Saturday in the East-West Allstar game, he'll be starting and will line up right beside teammate Travis Lilienthal, a MTSU committ.

Florida State isn't a sinking program. They just need a few good players to be back on top. Spurlock will be a great addition to the program, along with all the other excellent committments they already have. If you haven't been there, then you don't know what a beautiful campus it is, and why any player would like to go and play for FSU and Bobby Bowden.GO NOLES

Florida State isn't a sinking program. They just need a few good players to be back on top. Spurlock will be a great addition to the program, along with all the other excellent committments they already have. If you haven't been there, then you don't know what a beautiful campus it is, and why any player would like to go and play for FSU and Bobby Bowden.GO NOLES

well said that campus i s great and the atmosphere is awesome...there is nothing like 80,000 people doing the chop or when chief osceola comes out before the game and spikes mid feild wooooooo hoooo im getting goose bumps already GO NOLES

Your right! Florida St. just announced yesterday that Assistant Coach/Recruiter Jimbo Fisher will be head coach when Bowden decides to retire. That is some big news because Fisher is a heck of a coach and recruiter and the players love him.

Anyway, congratulations to this young man and wish him the best. I still would have rather seen him in Orange on Saturdays!

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the whole Florida State not dropping thing. The Emerald Bowl and the Music City Bowl are certainly not the postseason games that Florida State is used to. Not only that, you can see all these other ACC teams that are getting much better while FSU isn't. But hey, maybe Spurlock will be part of the class that will get them back on top.

David committed Saturday after a visit to FSU /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />. Finally made it out to the press, didnt want to post it prematurely.

http://dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/...SPORTS/71210004

Congradulations to David, playing for a legend like Bobby Bowden will be great. Plus he can wear his Riverdale gear down there and no one will really tell a difference /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Would he be the son of former Smyrna Bulldog, Bill Spurlock?

Bill Spurlock was a pretty fine player in his day.