TNFCA ALL-STATE?

onewaytoplay

You know maybe instead of getting on here and whining about it, you should do something about it. If it is really that big of a deal to you, present yourself to the TFCA and tell them how you feel. No one on here can do anything about YOUR issues with the all state team. Quit critizing this awards system for those that make and support them! If you want someone on the ballot, go talk to the coach about it or join the TNFCA (if you can). They do the best they can do with the nominations. The rest is up to coaches on voting. Obviously your coaches don't make the trip to the Boro to vote so if you are going to jump on someone jump on them. I quite frankly am tired of hearing you whine about this.

Not whining man... Just stating the facts. Go back and check for yourself. Just wait until the all state team is announced. You may whine too. That team will be stacked. 12 players in 2002-2005 and represented by 7 schools statewide. Get a clue.. Even the 2005 President said the FICA "has no validity". Go back and read his speech to the members. That's from the President, not me....

The 2005 team had 12 "All State" players and they were from 6 schools. These are MY issues and should be YOUR issue too. Whining..... O' brudder.........

I won't post anymore on this thread. When the team is announced I'll get back with you.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team was already announced at the Sat morning session of the TNFCA meeting Blue Cross Bowl weekend. The problem is, I can't seem to find anyone who was there, or a list of the teams.

well i know that Mike Hammons-Polk Co. made the coaches all-state 3A team. anybody hear of anybody else yet? or where i can find them?

Mr. Mustang, maybe you should start with your head coach and see if he nominated anyone. Do you know??? It is the responisbility of the coach to send in the nominations and statistical information about their nominations.

If he sent it in...then they are on the ballot. However, if he didn't send any in there can be only 2 reasons why he didn't send in it: 1) he feels that there are none on the team worthy , or 2) he failed to send them in. You can look at the attendance at the time of the vote in the same light...and as an extention of appathy in our society. Most of the state is within a 3 hour drive of Murfreesboro and the voting took place at 1 PM on Friday...does this not fall under the coaches duties and responsibilitites?? However, I'm sure that not everyone can make it due to other responsibilities or emergencies...in the this case they can still have someone there to represent them.

bdawig...Mr Mustang has been on a one man crusade to abolish the TFCA All-state list ever since 2004 when 2 Camden players made the list and no Huntingdon players made it. How anyone can call a list a joke that has hard working DESERVING players on it I can't imagine. Just because it doesn't meet the high standards of Mr. Mustang doesn't mean its not a worthwhile list....I know its not the AP sportswriter's very unbiased "cough, cough" popularity contest uh, I mean All-State list and since we all know the state's sportswriters know SOOOOO much more than the state's football coaches /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> it would be a crime against humanity and TN High School football to call this a valid list. Just for kicks, I say we all just pretend its a valid a list and congratulate the honorees instead of degrading the players that are fortunate enough to have their coaches regard and respect.

bdawig...Mr Mustang has been on a one man crusade to abolish the TFCA All-state list ever since 2004 when 2 Camden players made the list and no Huntingdon players made it. How anyone can call a list a joke that has hard working DESERVING players on it I can't imagine. Just because it doesn't meet the high standards of Mr. Mustang doesn't mean its not a worthwhile list....I know its not the AP sportswriter's very unbiased "cough, cough" popularity contest uh, I mean list and since we all know the state's sportswriters know SOOOOO much more than the state's football coaches /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> it would be a crime against humanity and TN High School football to call this a valid list. I say we all just pretend its a valid a list, just for kicks and giggles, and congratulate the honorees instead of degrading the players that are fortunate enough to have their coaches regard and respect.

Lions4ever... Since you called me out I'll have to respond. You take every comment personal. Nothing against you or the Camden players. They just happened to make the team that year. You are so condescending. The next year, two Huntingdon players were placed on the 12 man squad..... So that's knocks your arguement out the window... I can't understand why anybody thinks it's legit. Even you Lions4ever.

You can't have an all-state team every year with the makeup of the team from the same schools every year.. Wake up man... It's just that condescending attitude of yours makes it hard to realize the truth." Cough... cough ..... cough". Your comment about sportwriters and being biased... Comparing the TFCA all state team to the sportswriters would be like Joshua Parrott of the Jackson Sun voting the "Sun" as paper of the year. I guarantee the sportwriters see more players each year than the coaches from Huntingdon and Camden do. Also it would be like Dan Morris, former "Sun" sportwriter putting several players from USJ on the all state team because his son plays for USJ.

When you have a statewide squad and only 6 or 7 schools are represented then it "lacks validity" as the 2005 President of the association said... When you have 58 schools in 2AA and only 7 schools on average are represented every year then....... You see what I'm saying... You need to get out of Big Sandy a little more and try to understand what's going on... When the President of the organization realizes the weakness of the selections, then you at least should realize it too. I know you are a knowledgeable fan from your posts.

Why does the association even bother with an all-state team if it has no validity?

Now anybody can go back and read my posts about the TFCA all-state team and if I'm in error about anything I said I will certainly apologize.

Note.... When will this so called all-state team be announced so the fans can cogitate it?

Lions4ever... Since you called me out I'll have to respond. You take every comment personal. Nothing against you or the Camden players. They just happened to make the team that year. You are so condescending. The next year, two Huntingdon players were placed on the 12 man squad..... So that's knocks your arguement out the window... I can't understand why anybody thinks it's legit. Even you Lions4ever.

You can't have an all-state team every year with the makeup of the team from the same schools every year.. Wake up man... It's just that condescending attitude of yours makes it hard to realize the truth." Cough... cough ..... cough". Your comment about sportwriters and being biased... Comparing the TFCA all state team to the sportswriters would be like Joshua Parrott of the Jackson Sun voting the "Sun" as paper of the year. I guarantee the sportwriters see more players each year than the coaches from Huntingdon and Camden do. Also it would be like Dan Morris, former "Sun" sportwriter putting several players from USJ on the all state team because his son plays for USJ.

When you have a statewide squad and only 6 or 7 schools are represented then it "lacks validity" as the 2005 President of the association said... When you have 58 schools in 2AA and only 7 schools on average are represented every year then....... You see what I'm saying... You need to get out of Big Sandy a little more and try to understand what's going on... When the President of the organization realizes the weakness of the selections, then you at least should realize it too. I know you are a knowledgeable fan from your posts.

Why does the association even bother with an all-state team if it has no validity?

Now anybody can go back and read my posts about the TFCA all-state team and if I'm in error about anything I said I will certainly apologize.

Note.... When will this so called all-state team be announced so the fans can cogitate it?

The only one seemingly taking anything personal here is you and your obsession with making everyone "see the light and the way" and falling in behind you and your opinion of this list year in year out. Even if Camden players never made this list (and they do every year because Camden's coach submits names and actually shows up to vote) I would still congratulate each and every player who's coach thought he was worthy of being nominated. The only thing I think is a joke is the fact that you actually think sportswriters see more teams than coaches do. Ever hear of coaches watching tape every week? The only games Joshua Parrot saw were ones in Jackson and a very very select few beyond the boundaries of Madison county. Each coach sees every school his school plays plus one or two or even three of their opponents. If you make the playoffs the coaches see an even bigger variety of schools. I guarantee the 2A coaches are more capable of deciding a fair list in 2A amongst the players they are presented with than a sportswriter that has maybe at most seen 3 2A games a season.

As I've said every year...if you don't like it DON"T LOOK AT IT! The TFCA members and nominees will not be offended by your lack of participation... as a matter of fact they would probably run through the streets naked at the sheer joy of not having to listen to you whine about this every year. I know I'm contemplating just that if you promise that we never have to hear about your contempt again. I'm sure I won't have to strip down anytime soon though, because for some strange reason I am sure that you will have ALOT more to say about it....more's the pity /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Mr Mustang I have to agree with you. I know one year Huntingdon was playing for state championship and the coaches were not at meeting. Nobody from Htown makes team. Your right same schools each year. Even if coach nominates if he is not there he is not going to get kids votes they deserve. Not trying to take things away from kids that make it, but it is all state team of what few coaches make it to meeting. Camden when you play for state championship your kids wont make it cause your coach will be busy with football not meetings

The only one seemingly taking anything personal here is you and your obsession with making everyone "see the light and the way" and falling in behind you and your opinion of this list year in year out. Even if Camden players never made this list (and they do every year because Camden's coach submits names and actually shows up to vote) I would still congratulate each and every player who's coach thought he was worthy of being nominated. The only thing I think is a joke is the fact that you actually think sportswriters see more teams than coaches do. Ever hear of coaches watching tape every week? The only games Joshua Parrot saw were ones in Jackson and a very very select few beyond the boundaries of Madison county. Each coach sees every school his school plays plus one or two or even three of their opponents. If you make the playoffs the coaches see an even bigger variety of schools. I guarantee the 2A coaches are more capable of deciding a fair list in 2A amongst the players they are presented with than a sportswriter that has maybe at most seen 3 2A games a season.

As I've said every year...if you don't like it DON"T LOOK AT IT! The TFCA members and nominees will not be offended by your lack of participation... as a matter of fact they would probably run through the streets naked at the sheer joy of not having to listen to you whine about this every year. I know I'm contemplating just that if you promise that we never have to hear about your contempt again. I'm sure I won't have to strip down anytime soon though, because for some strange reason I am sure that you will have ALOT more to say about it....more's the pity /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

[/quote

Lions4ever...

Thanks for your comments. Horton from Camden is a legit all-state player. Go back and look and see the past all state players and the same schools have at least two players on it every year. If you don't know I keep up with high school football. I talk to people across the state as get an assessment from them. Mainly in A-AAA and ocassionally get help with players from the Memphis City Schools. I'm definitely not talking about what some nerd writes on CoachT about his favorite"headnocker" from his high school. I have only missed the state championships twice since 1989. I've seen a heck of a lot of games between then too. I've seen games at Dickson County at Melrose,Whitehaven, Gallatin, watched the great Milan teams of the past against Brentwood and MUS., seen games at Ravenwood, and Cookeville. Watched Bruceton in it's heyday... Need I go on......

I think I qualify for being a "knowledgeable fan" in my own right.

As you say, yes it's an honor for a player to be named to the all-state team but some of the names on here every year in classes A-AAA I've never heard of. You need to compile stats on players like some of us do. There is a team that is near Huntingdon and every year they report to the "Sun" that they have an all state caliber player. Then a player from this school has 180 tackles every year. Heck, as good as Horton is I don't think he's in on every pile.

In closing, I rest my case. Please go back and reread my posts and what I spoke of has come true. Again, please don't take anything I say on here personal. Don't get so uptight. It's my opinion and we all know what opinions are.

Tell Mr.Kee, former coaches Coach Bucky, Coach Barnett and all the other good folks in Benton County I said Merry Christmas. Congtratulations on the Regional title this year. Ya'll had a good club.

Congrats to all the deserving players on the list...with the omission of maybe one or two notable players, I find it hard to think that even the TFCA desenters on this thread can take exception to the players chosen in 2A . Way to go guys and congrats to the TFCA members that chose a list that maybe everyone can live with so we can avoid all this BS next season.

Mr Mustang I have to agree with you. I know one year Huntingdon was playing for state championship and the coaches were not at meeting. Nobody from Htown makes team. Your right same schools each year. Even if coach nominates if he is not there he is not going to get kids votes they deserve. Not trying to take things away from kids that make it, but it is all state team of what few coaches make it to meeting. Camden when you play for state championship your kids wont make it cause your coach will be busy with football not meetings

Rankin seemed to find time while Alcoa was winning it's 4th straight championship to submit names.