Alcoa in 2008

Tom142

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what's everyone opinion on what this team will do?

I THINK THEY WILL DO THE SAME WITH ALL THOSE PLAYERS BACK THEY WILL NEED A NEW QB, I WAS AT THE SPRING HILL/ALCOA GAME IN WEEK 0. AND THE TORNADOES ARE A VERY IMPRESSIVE TEAM. THEY HAVE A GREAT PROGRAM I SAY TOP 5 TEAMS IN THE STATE.

#1 AND #2 ARE JUST FRESHMAN BOTH LOOK OVER 225LBS AND BOTH ARE RUNNING BACKS. TO WIN THIS GAME YOU HAVE TO LOVE FOOTBALL AND THOSE COACHES GOT THOSE PLAYERS TO LOVE FOOTBALL

Alcoa will be better than this year if they can fill in the QB position. They always reload, never rebuild. I keep hearing that they only get better and I had my doubts after Lindsay and Warren left then I was proven wrong. I have to think they will only improve. New guys will step up to play and Thompson will be a great senior leader.

Alcoa only loses 9-10 Seniors, BUT they were/are a very talented bunch to lose. Randall Cobb will not be replaced, but I feel Chase James, Tallent, and Sharp will all be great QB's. It will be fun to watch them battle for the position and develop.

Troy Hodge will also be missed. His replacement will come from IMO, RB by committee. Jaron Toney should lead the way.

The linemen loses will also be big holes to fill. Filling these holes with the experience and building the "chemistry" takes time. The good thing is the rotation of players Coach Rankin uses. That will increase the time to "reload".

All other positions should be solid. I see the young defense/LB's getting even better next year.

All-in-all, the key to success next year will focus around the QB position. The leadership from this player will determine if Alcoa will be a great team or unbelievable team!

I can't wait till it all starts again!

Alcoa will be great again next year. I hope that many will have the opportunity to see them in person next year in the midstate when they travel to White House.

Tell Rankin to only hold up three fingers instead of five after winning the state title next year. Those first two titles belong to John Reid instead of Rankin. He should have only been celebrated as part of two state titles instead of four state titles this past weekend.

I don't recall seeing Gary Rankin on the sideline in 2004 when Alcoa rallied from a 41-26 second half deficit to beat Huntingdon in a game that I will always remember as being "GREAT" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Alcoa will be great again next year. I hope that many will have the opportunity to see them in person next year in the midstate when they travel to White House.

Tell Rankin to only hold up three fingers instead of five after winning the state title next year. Those first two titles belong to John Reid instead of Rankin. He should have only been celebrated as part of two state titles instead of four state titles this past weekend.

I don't recall seeing Gary Rankin on the sideline in 2004 when Alcoa rallied from a 41-26 second half deficit to beat Huntingdon in a game that I will always remember as being "GREAT" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well I think Rankin had every right to hold 4 up. He is the leader of the team and vice principal. He is part of Alcoa and he ahs the right to hold up 4 and then 5 next year. Do you want him holding up 2 plus all of his from Riverdale, i believe he has a few from there. Rankin is a good coach and he could have coached the 04 and 05 teams as well. Heck I think anyone could have coached that group. It was a great 04 game, Richeon Bells returns, everything was magic.

He can hold up whatever he wants IMHO! The coaching job the staff did this year, bringing along our young players, was worth 3 State Championships to ME. He has brought so much to Alcoa in terms of class, discipline, etc. I for one am darn glad he is a Tornado!!!!

BIG COUNTRY I too cannot wait for Alcoa to go to White House. This will be a very interesting game in my opinion. This Alcoa team should be very balanced next year. I guess we will have to wait and see. Is next year the year Alcoa finally breaks the streak. OK everyone knows which streak I'm talkin about. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

He can hold up whatever he wants IMHO! The coaching job the staff did this year, bringing along our young players, was worth 3 State Championships to ME. He has brought so much to Alcoa in terms of class, discipline, etc. I for one am darn glad he is a Tornado!!!!

You are right about coach Rankin! I hope Alcoa folks enjoy and appreciate him! He is a class act! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Hope in 6 years he can hold up all 10 fingers!