Wildcats!

SirPettus

Can we all just get along and support the student players? It is all about making these young men successful in life. What about that Cledis?

Yes, especially since the coach is going nowhere at the moment. There is much we can do here in the Secret City to continue to make our football program among the elite in the state. I have some suggestions that will come in a later post since time is short. Please all keep the thread civil so it doesn't get shut down. Go Cats!

Did you mean ???the coach is going nowhere??? figuratively or literally speaking? I would say both.

Ole Dad

Yes, especially since the coach is going nowhere at the moment. There is much we can do here in the Secret City to continue to make our football program among the elite in the state. I have some suggestions that will come in a later post since time is short. Please all keep the thread civil so it doesn't get shut down. Go Cats!

I think he meant figuritivly. If you count the 205 Championship game his teams are 13-9. All the previous coach at Oak Ridge have come to the booth to do an interview with David Clary after a loss or after any game for that matter and his first season at Oak Ridge he only cam up half the time and that was a winning team. He doesn't come up after losses and do interviews. He doesn't show up at Crunchtime to do a show for the season wrap up. He forgets to feed the kids lunches on trips to Ooltewah and Kingsport D-B.

We are waiting!

Good friend with one of your so called great. I work with his mother at the plant. I asked her what does Kwayu think about th estuff about Stanton. Mrs. Graham said Gooch (Kwayu Graham "Oak Ridge's own" head coach at AE) said he feels embarrassed about the things going on with Stanton. He thinks it is ashamed that you would do your own hometown kid that way. I never understood why Graham (who we loved to watch play at Oak Ridge) never came back when Stevens came. His mother told me Kwayu father's history at Oak Ridge and something about when Kwayu was the Atom's coach and was accussed of getting all the kids to quit the middle school teams. That hurt him because all Graham was doing was trying to keep some kids out of the streets. He had came back from college and was trying to do the right things. He never forgot that and from what his mom said he told Stanton before hand that what is happening now will happen. I can understand his frustration. I am going to give my perspective on the Stanton Stevens situation. Stanton came form Austin East were he won a state Championship and had several undefeated seasons. Stanton was very confident when he got to Oak Ridge and I think that confidence rubbed off on the team. Everyone says that he won with Lussier kids. The question I have is why did Gaddis only win 1 State championship when he had the talent to win several. Coach lussier (w/the grey guy I hear is the middle man in this stuff) didn't even get to the championship and he had the talent to win it. When you look at the records of the junior highs or middle schools they haven't been as dominant as they used to be when I moved back to east tennessee from the service and started working for the plant. I can remember in 85 when both robertsville and jefferson were undefeated. I can remember going to watch Curtis Booker vs Shawn Summers in 1988 play in the robertsville and jefferson game. I can remember the Booker kid was virtually unstoppable at Robertsville. This year Robertsville won it. That tells me that the talent pool is getting back. I think Stevens and his staff got complacent after just getting to the championship, I think the 06 team I watched in several games just wasn't that good, I think the negativity that was/is being spread on these sites and around the community influences the kids (you tell them their leader does not knwo what he is doing then they will start questioning him), I think there is turmoil in house, I think it is tough to play an end of the year schedule like they have, I think some programs had the best teams they are going to have (WB, Farragut, Bearden - you just have to live in knoxville to know that the great class at bearden and farragut were seniors this year. Also we went to watch AE freshmen and JV beat the crap out of farraguts freshmen and JV. So I don't think they will be as good the next couple of years) I will say this you can't do things at Oak Ridge that you were able to do at Austin East. But in my opinion and many people that support stanton he needs to get people around him who will tell him what they think (professionally), keep what is in house in house, and be on the same agenda with the coach (coach must have an agenda beyond personal gains). It is said a great man has a greater wife, a great leader has greater men under him therefore a great coach has greater coaches. Look at Maryville. A lot of there coaches can run their on program. And plus they all work together. I am pretty sure they don't agree on everything but you never know it. A successful season will close a lot of ears and eyes. When you are successful you just don't notice the negative. When you come in already under suspicion the magnifying glass and earphones are on you. Good luck to the wildcats but let's just work together for the kids. And sir pettus you have to be who I think you are I grew up with your dad and mom. I really wish you understood the history of Oak Ridge. Talk to your grandfather man just talk to your grandfather.