Tradition Gone Down the Drain...

ORcat14

Thank you, OakRidgeCat, for setting the record straight on the loss of a precious life. You know what they say, "You can't fix stupid". Also, ORcat14, Mr. Bailey and Mr. Helton were not in the same position, did not have the same duties. Bailey is the superintendent, Helton was the AD and assistant Principal. They were and are totally different. One was involved in the day to day operation and one is not.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, OakRidgeCat, for setting the record straight on the loss of a precious life. You know what they say, "You can't fix stupid". Also, ORcat14, Mr. Bailey and Mr. Helton were not in the same position, did not have the same duties. Bailey is the superintendent, Helton was the AD and assistant Principal. They were and are totally different. One was involved in the day to day operation and one is not.

Apparently, you can't fix "rude" and "ignorant" either.

I'm sorry i had forgotten that i didn't mean to misinform anyone. However, my point still stands that Bailey could still attempt more than a handful of games in any season if he honestly and truly cared about the student/athletes and how they are being treated.

You have NO clue as to what is going on, as far as the situation at Oak Ridge behind the scenes, so your posts come across as uninformed and basically stupid, and Jet Pride has nothing else to post about, because the Cumberland County football program is in the dumps! Stick to your own programs, and leave Oak Ridge to Oak Ridgers!

You guys went 8-3 not 8-4. I am not from Cumberland Co. I am a fan of Bearden, I would put this past seasons Bearden team against any team in the state & it would be a good game. That includes the mighty Maryville. I dont give a RATS BUTT about OR I just hate to see a coach get bashed after a good year.

You guys went 8-3 not 8-4. I am not from Cumberland Co. I am a fan of Bearden, I would put this past seasons Bearden team against any team in the state & it would be a good game. That includes the mighty Maryville. I dont give a RATS BUTT about OR I just hate to see a coach get bashed after a good year.

That cumberland co. comment wasn't directed at you it was direct at JetPride. The behind the scenes things that are going on are taking money from the program and players to spend on t-shirts and gear that the coaches wear for his friends in Oak Ridge. The bill exceeded $8,000. The fact alone that he is taking money that is suppose to be for the player is unacceptable. Plus, arguments among coach threatening to fire one of the best and most well prepared coaches (Barry Saunders) on the staff for no reason at all. Let players quit for a week then coming back the very next week and starting them. Pushing and cursing opposing coaches (Clinton coach). Physical arguments with different parents and different player one being at Oak Ridge. And the list goes on.... Its not just the fact that we had a winning season its a multitude of incidents that have piled up not only at Oak Ridge and Austin East. Either way it is grounds for the pink slip. Its just a matter of who has the courage to step up and say something.

Its funny how you can read a post and tell who is and isn't and Oak Ridge fan. Yes we expect to go 15-0 every year because if you don't you set yourself up to fail. The fact that some people at the beginning of the season don't expect to play for a state championship shows how much they prepare or even care about their programs of their programs history. You play like you practice and you practice like how you prepare. As for the Coach Gaddis comment, He was one of the best Coach to ever Coach at Oak Ridge or in the state of Tennessee. His losses in the 90's were to quality teams like Kelly Holcome from Lincoln Co. or Fernando Bryant at Riverdale or even Teddy Gaines at Kinsport D-B. All three of those were standouts in high school, college, and the pros. And i don't have to add that we won a National Championship in '58 and beat two teams with players who went on to win the Heisman Trophey.

Jerry Colquitt - QB Universityof Tennessee; Carolina Panthers

Michael Caldwell - MTSU All American; NFL retiree

Kwayu Graham - 2 X All-state WR; great DB and return guy

Johnny Williams - One of the top LB in OR history

Shawn Summers -this list did win 1 just 1

Richard Howard - UT; and Carson Newman - one of the top linemen in the South

Lloyd Jones -Miss Juco; great TE and DE

Dennis Friendly-speed LB

Mike Underwood - great leader

Cory Booker

Rock Hardin

James Booker

Shawn Bohannon - University of Alabama

Jason McCaddley - University of Alabama; current NFL player

Mike Gipson - University of Florida

I can go on. But still won it once and only once. Didn't go back until Stevens got there.

Good friend with one of your so called great. I work with his mother at the plant. I asked her what does Kwayu think about th estuff about Stanton. Mrs. Graham said Gooch (Kwayu Graham "Oak Ridge's own" head coach at AE) said he feels embarrassed about the things going on with Stanton. He thinks it is ashamed that you would do your own hometown kid that way. I never understood why Graham (who we loved to watch play at Oak Ridge) never came back when Stevens came. His mother told me Kwayu father's history at Oak Ridge and something about when Kwayu was the Atom's coach and was accussed of getting all the kids to quit the middle school teams. That hurt him because all Graham was doing was trying to keep some kids out of the streets. He had came back from college and was trying to do the right things. He never forgot that and from what his mom said he told Stanton before hand that what is happening now will happen. I can understand his frustration. I am going to give my perspective on the Stanton Stevens situation. Stanton came form Austin East were he won a state Championship and had several undefeated seasons. Stanton was very confident when he got to Oak Ridge and I think that confidence rubbed off on the team. Everyone says that he won with Lussier kids. The question I have is why did Gaddis only win 1 State championship when he had the talent to win several. Coach lussier (w/the grey guy I hear is the middle man in this stuff) didn't even get to the championship and he had the talent to win it. When you look at the records of the junior highs or middle schools they haven't been as dominant as they used to be when I moved back to east tennessee from the service and started working for the plant. I can remember in 85 when both robertsville and jefferson were undefeated. I can remember going to watch Curtis Booker vs Shawn Summers in 1988 play in the robertsville and jefferson game. I can remember the Booker kid was virtually unstoppable at Robertsville. This year Robertsville won it. That tells me that the talent pool is getting back. I think Stevens and his staff got complacent after just getting to the championship, I think the 06 team I watched in several games just wasn't that good, I think the negativity that was/is being spread on these sites and around the community influences the kids (you tell them their leader does not knwo what he is doing then they will start questioning him), I think there is turmoil in house, I think it is tough to play an end of the year schedule like they have, I think some programs had the best teams they are going to have (WB, Farragut, Bearden - you just have to live in knoxville to know that the great class at bearden and farragut were seniors this year. Also we went to watch AE freshmen and JV beat the crap out of farraguts freshmen and JV. So I don't think they will be as good the next couple of years) I will say this you can't do things at Oak Ridge that you were able to do at Austin East. But in my opinion and many people that support stanton he needs to get people around him who will tell him what they think (professionally), keep what is in house in house, and be on the same agenda with the coach (the head coach must have an agenda beyond personal gains). I also think that although his staff from what I hear will ne a good one, they are all young and despite their knowledge I just don't think they will step up to the head coach. The only older coach on the staff, first of all coached Stanton and should be the one to counsel Stanton. Don't know if he does or doesn't. What I hear he is the coach that leaks out all the negativity. That would have to hurt Stanton to realize the coach that you respect is the one dogging you. It only take 1 cell to cause cancer. Once cancer starts it spreads. This is what I hear or that is going around. It is said a great man has a greater wife, a great leader has greater men under him therefore a great coach has greater coaches. Look at Maryville. A lot of there coaches can run their on program. And plus they all work together. I am pretty sure they don't agree on everything but you never know it. A successful season will close a lot of ears and eyes. When you are successful you just don't notice the negative. When you come in already under suspicion the magnifying glass and earphones are on you. Good luck to the wildcats but let's just work together for the kids. And sir pettus you have to be who I think you are I grew up with your dad and mom. I really wish you understood the history of Oak Ridge. Talk to your grandfather man just talk to your grandfather.

1st I respect the OR football program. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> So don't think I'm trying to get some cheap shots off.

Has the 2 losses to Farragut got under the skin of the OR faithful?

What is the record for consecutive wins for Farragut against OR? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Just wondering.

I saw some great games at the ship as a DB and Admiral fan. The teams I cheered for won a few and lost a few but it was always humbling to see all those State Championship teams on the score board.

Good Luck OR you will be back and hated again! /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

riggger101 getting beaten by this Farragut team wasn't as bad as the way the team has played in three big games.

William Blount, Farragut and the last DB game, the team was just flat and unprepared. How could you not be ready for this trio of arch rivals? And this was the last straw for a lot of the homefolks. I have heard from alot that won't renew their season tickets next year if coach stevens is there next year.

riggger101 getting beaten by this Farragut team wasn't as bad as the way the team has played in three big games.

William Blount, Farragut and the last DB game, the team was just flat and unprepared. How could you not be ready for this trio of arch rivals? And this was the last straw for a lot of the homefolks. I have heard from alot that won't renew their season tickets next year if coach stevens is there next year.

There are only a few schools that are blessed with having fans that buy season tickets year in and year out. DB was the first school I saw have up to 3 generations in the stands with season tickets.

Good luck

Good friend with one of your so called great. I work with his mother at the plant. I asked her what does Kwayu think about th estuff about Stanton. Mrs. Graham said Gooch (Kwayu Graham "Oak Ridge's own" head coach at AE) said he feels embarrassed about the things going on with Stanton. . And sir pettus you have to be who I think you are I grew up with your dad and mom. I really wish you understood the history of Oak Ridge. Talk to your grandfather man just talk to your grandfather.

This is what i don't understand about what you said. first you start off by saying that someone who played with Stanton and he doesn't even like what going on at Oak Ridge? I don't understand how it strengthens your arguement. I played for Stanton, I know first hand what goes on behind the scenes and its not our record on the field last season, but the track record the players are starting to develope off the field and what people don't know that is going on off the field between coaches and players. Its now starting to get out and its piling up and thats what people don't like. Under Gaddis and Lussier (I also played for Lussier) you knew what was expected of you. You knew how to act in public. you knew what to do and what not to do in any given situation at any given time. You don't have that with Stanton. As for your last comment any player how has ever played for Oak Ridge knows the Oak Ridge tradition and what it means to the program. You take on responsiblity to carry that tradition on when you step out on that field. It is an insult to ever say that to any player in Oak Ridge history no matter if you are saying it to the 5th string tight end or Shaun Summers, Jackie Pope, Corey Booker, Mike Caldwell or any player who has won or played for a State Championship. I am deeply disappionted in your lack of respect for this program and anyone invovled in it.