One and Done?

bigmoney128

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Austin had his third interview Friday. This would be a Great hire but if he does not get the job watch out

Moore County would be crazy not to hire him. Just about every player that leaves Cascade gives a lot of credit to Austin for their development. Nathan Armstrong sited him as a huge influence in route to his all-state selection this year. Armstrong told the Times Gazette " Coach Jeremy Austin really helped me out a lot in the weightroom. Without him, I would be lost."

His off-season conditioning program is sited by Kenny Parker as one of the biggest reasons for Cascades turnaround over the last few seasons. He would be a huge loss to us here at Cascade, but I always love to see someone who is able to follow their dream, and I know Austin's dream job is there in Lynchburg leading his old High School on the field every Friday night. Not many of us ever get the opportunity to fullfill a dream, so I hope everything works out for Jeremy.

Austin would be a great hire, but MC may not be able to ignore the prestige...star power.... of another candidate.

If Austin doesn't get the job, that would be a shame.

Who are you referring to? I'd be willing to bet if the guy is young and has much "star" power, he won't be around long. Moore County can't afford a repeat of what happened to them last year. Austin is a sure thing and will be there to stay if given the chance.

Who are you referring to? I'd be willing to bet if the guy is young and has much "star" power, he won't be around long. Moore County can't afford a repeat of what happened to them last year. Austin is a sure thing and will be there to stay if given the chance.

Hi everybody, I mentioned it in another thread but Steve Mathews from Tullahoma is the "Star Power" He played QB at UT, transferred to Memphis State and then played in the Pros for a few years. It would be hard ot overlook him if he really wants the job. He probably needs the Head Coach experience because he will be the next Tullahoma Head Coach when John Olive retires or steps down. Steve is a great Person. Moore County does attract a lot of good coaches. It is a great place to coach.

Hi everybody, I mentioned it in another thread but Steve Mathews from Tullahoma is the "Star Power" He played QB at UT, transferred to Memphis State and then played in the Pros for a few years. It would be hard ot overlook him if he really wants the job. He probably needs the Head Coach experience because he will be the next Tullahoma Head Coach when John Olive retires or steps down. Steve is a great Person. Moore County does attract a lot of good coaches. It is a great place to coach.

Thank you very much for making my point! Moore County doesn't need to "settle" for another Coach who is only using them as a stepping stone to get to bigger and better things. That is exactly what I said this guy would be doing. They have the Diamond in the rough right in front of them. My friend, Coach Austin, isn't going to go there and leave a year or two later when something else opens up. THAT IS "HIS TULLAHOMA" JOB! Moore County will be making another huge mistake if they pass on this guy again. Mark my words, he is good enough and young enough that he'll have a head job sooner rather than later. It is only a matter of time before some smart AD realizes what a great find Jeremy is.

Thank you very much for making my point! Moore County doesn't need to "settle" for another Coach who is only using them as a stepping stone to get to bigger and better things. That is exactly what I said this guy would be doing. They have the Diamond in the rough right in front of them. My friend, Coach Austin, isn't going to go there and leave a year or two later when something else opens up. THAT IS "HIS TULLAHOMA" JOB! Moore County will be making another huge mistake if they pass on this guy again. Mark my words, he is good enough and young enough that he'll have a head job sooner rather than later. It is only a matter of time before some smart AD realizes what a great find Jeremy is.

Wouldnt you want him to stay at your school if hes so good? Whats in it for you? Why are you building this guy up so much? Are you his agent? If so maybe you should call the AD/Principal yourself. I doubt anything posted on here is gonna decide who the new coach is. Call over there at Moore County and tell them about the diamond in the ruff you speak of, but wait if Moore County knows this is this guys dream job. Why wouldnt they go ahead and hire someone else like Matthews or Sisk knowing all along this Jeremy guy will still be there. After all its his "Dream Job" Maybe you are doing more harm than good for this Coach. Maybe you should let him speak for himself.

Wouldnt you want him to stay at your school if hes so good? Whats in it for you? Why are you building this guy up so much? Are you his agent? If so maybe you should call the AD/Principal yourself.

C'mon man, anytime one of your own gets an opportunity to be elevated to a better position or higher level, that's something to take pride in. I think if you knew the guy, you'd be writing the same type of posts as cascade11.

And who knows, MC may have an Ace up their sleeve and hire someone completely off the radar like Eagleville.

I don't think many people suspected they would hire who they did.

Just an observation thats all. How do you know that if Sisk of Matthews got the job that it would only be for a short time? I'm sure the Cascade coach has done a great job...no argument there, but if he goes into Moore County with everyone knowing this is his dream job then before you know it he will have boosters calling the shots over there instead of himself. If he is that good of a coach his time will come. The people at Cascade should be proud of this guy, but dont put words in his mouth.

Just an observation thats all. How do you know that if Sisk of Matthews got the job that it would only be for a short time? I'm sure the Cascade coach has done a great job...no argument there, but if he goes into Moore County with everyone knowing this is his dream job then before you know it he will have boosters calling the shots over there instead of himself. If he is that good of a coach his time will come. The people at Cascade should be proud of this guy, but dont put words in his mouth.

First off, I'd like you to tell me where I put words in his mouth? I DON'T appreciate your accusations. We at Cascade have absolutely nothing to gain by him going to Moore County, so that statement is plain stupid! I consider Coach Austin a personal friend and he has Coached and taught both of my older kids. One in Football and one in Softball. I happen to be the type person that would always like to see friends achieve their goals and I don't consider "what's in it for me" when I'm wishing nothing but the best of THEM. Perhaps if you knew the guy, or even better yet, knew me, you wouldn't of ask so many stupid questions! Since when is it a crime to hope the best for a person you admire? Now, I wasn't the person that suggested the Tullahoma coach would use this job as a launching pad, I only agreed that is likely. With the guys background, I'd be shocked if Moore County is where he plans to spend the rest of his coaching career. I may be wrong, but that is my opinion. In case you didn't know, about 90 % of this board is opinion!