Dyersburg's New Head Coach

westTNFBfan

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me say...I think Darren Bowling is a FINE man on and off the field....BUT THE EXPECTATIONS were too high.....Logan Parker was gonna be the next Tom Brady...Victor Mclin was the 2nd coming of Randy Moss....Caldwell was going to be LT and Taylor was our "slash"....When in reality...We WERE GOING TO RUN THE MID-LINE VEER with the option....If ANYONE who had talked to Central fans would tell you....DARREN ISN"T GOING TO THROW THE BALL ALOT.....IT AIN"T HAPPENING....But yet..."YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT"....that was told to me SEVERAL TIMES.....and if you talk to ANYONE who follows football....IT TAKES A COUPLE OF YEARS TO GET TO RUN DARREN"S OFFENSE....

Did Darren bring Logan Parker down here...NO...Did he goes to all the players and talk it over with them...FROM what I have been told YES.....Was everyone all for it...YES....Especially the kids....Parker KNEW THE OFFENSE inside and out... he was the best man for the job....BUT NO ONE SEEMED TO UNDERSTAND THE OFFENSE...ESPECIALLY THE FANS....IT wasn't the LOGAN PARKER show... IT was a READ AND REACT OFFENSE....And yet People HOWLED because of the number of carries that Caldwell DIDN"T get...Will there ever be a 2,000 yard RUSHER in Darren Bowling's offense NO...Will there be probably be a couple 1,000 yd rushers...PROBABLY...And points ...WE HAD NO PROBLEM SCORING POINTS...And the offense was clicking the past few games....

EVERY SINCE the beginning of the year...."WE ARE GONNA WIN STATE"....When the last time I checked...David Lipscomb only punted one time...Never attempted a pass...and hammered us 42-7....And we lost JT BEASLEY and Cody Tettleton. (plus Tyler Childress quit last year after the Crockett County game).....OUR OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE LINES WERE NOT AS STRONG AS THEY WERE......And yet we lost two games....

Personally...I DON"T THINK THIS COMMUNITY EVER EMBRACED DARREN BOWLING LIKE THEY SHOULD....Like Mike Smith said....Was their a GOLD OR SILVER BALL IN THE TROPHY CASE BEFORE HE GOT HERE....NO....And if anyone WHO FOLLOWS FOOTBALL AND WATCHES FOOTBALL.....DYER COUNTY EXPOSED US.....DYER COUNTY"S STRENGTH WAS OUR WEAKNESS....."WE COULDN"T COVER WORTH A SQUAT IN THE SECONDARY BECAUSE WE HAD NO PASS RUSH"... It is a TWO EDGED SWORD..."THE BEST DEFENSE IS A PASS RUSH"..And we HAD NEITHER..... In the Brownsville game....WR"S WERE OPEN...The quarterback JUST COULDN"T HIT THEM.....IN the Bolivar game...SAME STORY...NO ACCURACY....Yet no one PAYS ATTENTION TO WR's THAT ARE RUNNING WIDE OPEN....And Dyer County flat exposed us....And we had some ATHLETES back there....And after the Dyer County game....EVERY ONE GOT IN THE SHOTGUN AND THREW THE BALL...Covington did....Trezvant did...and Ken Torry had the game of HIS LIFE...and we still were 13 points from an UNDEFEATED SEASON....SO all the people who raised cane about the offense....We put enought points on the board...Our undersized lines and our inability to get a pass rush make it hard for a SECONDARY to cover....

So I wish Bowling well....I think that it is like Ray Perkins who followed Bear Bryant at Bama... The love affair the fans have with James Counce( AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN...NO COACH EVER DID MORE WITH LESS THAN JAMES COUNCE) made it hard on Darren....So that being said...

I can see why Darren left....I wish him well...I wish Coach Kennedy well...They are good men...on and off the field and Bowling has it right...GOD, FAMILY and SELF.....So Darren will be welcomed with open arms...and I am happy for him....Hope he wins a state title or two in UC....

As for the next HC....Wonder who that is gonna be....Personally...I DON"T see James Counce returning...I know he still has a house here...But I don't know...I know if they can't get Counce back...They maybe somebody like a PA PRATT....Someone who DOES IT THEIR WAY....LIKE IT OR NOT......That was what made Counce so good..."HE DIDN"T GET A RIP WHAT YOU THOUGHT"...IT WAS HIS PROGRAM AND THAT WAS THE WAY IT WAS....Darren is a HECK of a nice guy.....GET SOMEBODY IN HERE THAT DOESN"T CARE WHAT THE FANS THINK OR WHO PLAYS...."MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY".....Good luck Coach Bowling...You are a fine man..

Let me say...I think Darren Bowling is a FINE man on and off the field....BUT THE EXPECTATIONS were too high.....Logan Parker was gonna be the next Tom Brady...Victor Mclin was the 2nd coming of Randy Moss....Caldwell was going to be LT and Taylor was our "slash"....When in reality...We WERE GOING TO RUN THE MID-LINE VEER with the option....If ANYONE who had talked to Central fans would tell you....DARREN ISN"T GOING TO THROW THE BALL ALOT.....IT AIN"T HAPPENING....But yet..."YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT"....that was told to me SEVERAL TIMES.....and if you talk to ANYONE who follows football....IT TAKES A COUPLE OF YEARS TO GET TO RUN DARREN"S OFFENSE....

Did Darren bring Logan Parker down here...NO...Did he goes to all the players and talk it over with them...FROM what I have been told YES.....Was everyone all for it...YES....Especially the kids....Parker KNEW THE OFFENSE inside and out... he was the best man for the job....BUT NO ONE SEEMED TO UNDERSTAND THE OFFENSE...ESPECIALLY THE FANS....IT wasn't the LOGAN PARKER show... IT was a READ AND REACT OFFENSE....And yet People HOWLED because of the number of carries that Caldwell DIDN"T get...Will there ever be a 2,000 yard RUSHER in Darren Bowling's offense NO...Will there be probably be a couple 1,000 yd rushers...PROBABLY...And points ...WE HAD NO PROBLEM SCORING POINTS...And the offense was clicking the past few games....

EVERY SINCE the beginning of the year...."WE ARE GONNA WIN STATE"....When the last time I checked...David Lipscomb only punted one time...Never attempted a pass...and hammered us 42-7....And we lost JT BEASLEY and Cody Tettleton. (plus Tyler Childress quit last year after the Crockett County game).....OUR OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE LINES WERE NOT AS STRONG AS THEY WERE......And yet we lost two games....

Personally...I DON"T THINK THIS COMMUNITY EVER EMBRACED DARREN BOWLING LIKE THEY SHOULD....Like Mike Smith said....Was their a GOLD OR SILVER BALL IN THE TROPHY CASE BEFORE HE GOT HER....NO....And if anyone WHO FOLLOWS FOOTBALL AND WATCHES FOOTBALL.....DYER COUNTY EXPOSED US.....DYER COUNTY"S STRENGTH WAS OVER WEAKNESS....."WE COULDN"T COVER WORTH A SQUAT IN THE SECONDARY BECAUSE WE HAD NO PASS RUSH"... It is a TWO EDGED SWORD..."THE BEST DEFENSE IS A PASS RUSH"..And we HAD NEITHER..... In the Brownsville game....WR"S WERE OPEN...The quarterback JUST COULDN"T HIT THEM.....IN the Bolivar game...SAME STORY...NO ACCURACY....Yet no one PAYS ATTENTION TO WR's THAT ARE RUNNING WIDE OPEN....And Dyer County flat exposed us....And we had some ATHLETES back there....And after the Dyer County game....EVERY ONE GOT IN THE SHOTGUN AND THREW THE BALL...Covington did....Trezvant did...and Ken Torry had the game of HIS LIFE...and we still were 13 points from an UNDEFEATED SEASON....SO all the people who raised cane about the offense....We put enought points on the board...Our undersized lines and our inability to get a pass rush make it hard for a SECONDARY to cover....

So I wish Bowling well....I think that it is like Ray Perkins who followed Bear Bryant at Bama... The love affair the fans have with James Counce( AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN...NO COACH EVER DID MORE WITH LESS THAN JAMES COUNCE) made it hard on Darren....So that being said...

I can see why Darren left....I wish him well...I wish Coach Kennedy well...They are good men...on and off the field and Bowling has it right...GOD, FAMILY and SELF.....So Darren will be welcomed with open arms...and I am happy for him....Hope he wins a state title or two in UC....

As for the next HC....Wonder who that is gonna be....Personally...I DON"T see James Counce returning...I know he still has a house here...But I don't know...I know if they can't get Counce back...They maybe somebody like a PA PRATT....Someone who DOES IT THERE WAY....LIKE IT OR NOT......That was what made Counce so good..."HE DIDN"T GET A RIP WHAT YOU THOUGHT"...IT WAS HIS PROGRAM AND THAT WAS THE WAY IT WAS....Darren is a HECK of a nice guy.....GET SOMEBODY IN HERE THAT DOESN"T CARE WHAT THE FANS THINK OR WHO PLAYS...."MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY".....Good luck Coach Bowling...You are a fine man..

Hey Stevi Ray I heard when Counce left P.A. wanted the job REALLY BAD and didn't get the nod. Does that play into his psyche any? Do you think he's still bitter over the ordeal or is he ready to move up from "bridesmaid to bride"? Just wondering.

I heard Bobby Petrino is on the short list to take the helm at DHS /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sometimes I wonder...IF COUNCE AND COUNCE JR would come back....I know Counce Jr. is making REALLY good money being strength and conditioning coach plus offensive line coach....and Counce SR is runningbacks coach at MBA...Counce SR said before "Wherever my Grandbabies go...then that is where I go".... Love, him, like him, whatever ....NOBODY DID MORE WITH LESS THAN COUNCE....I used to go and watch us play teams like Haywood, Ripley, and ATHLETE FOR ATHLETE there WAS NO WAY IN HECK we were supposed to be on the same field....NO WAY...When you BEAT TEAMS THAT HAVE SUPERIOR ATHLETES.....Then that is the sign of a GREAT PROGRAM.....I always thought that when the semi-finals got here...COUNCE just ran into teams that werewell coached and had BETTER athletes...There isn't much you can do about that...

But I do know one thing...The Counce family is like "royalty"" around these parts....JUST THE WAY IT IS....So you have to think...Do they MISS the closeness and the atmosphere at DHS over a BIGGER school like MBA...Here EVERYONE knew them...NASHVILLE is a big place...I know Jr has two kids that MBA is paying tuition on....I also hear he says in touch with a few people around here....I don't figure you get ONE without the other....

But IMO Dyersburg WILL go after them...Don't know why...Just that is what I think...But I think the man for the job is IN THE NEXT COUNTY OVER.... A little bird told me HE REALLY WANTED THE JOB....So...I know one thing...HE IS A GREAT COACH....HE was COACHED BY A GREAT COACH....HE IS A HARDNOSED SON OF A GUN...WHAT HAS HE GOT ONE STATE RUNNERUP FINISH?...And He BUILT THAT PROGRAM UP FROM SCRATCH.....I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM TAKE CLICK, ELLIS and XAVIER TAYLOR ( GLAD TO SEE HIM BACK ON THE TEAM).....And roll with them....Come on Dyersburg....PA PRATT is the Man....Think we would be set for AWHILE with him....

Hey Stevi Ray I heard when Counce left P.A. wanted the job REALLY BAD and didn't get the nod. Does that play into his psyche any? Do you think he's still bitter over the ordeal or is he ready to move up from "bridesmaid to bride"? Just wondering.

The Talent is gone. So Sad Bowling never figured out to use em = East and West plays dont get with the talent DHS had this year. P.A. Could have taken DHS EXCEPTIONAL talent for a longer ride towards the state. Look how well CC did with as many injuries that effected the Cavs during this season = Hes a Coach ! No wonder Bowling,staff left DHS after making a "laff" of himself = All the talent any coach would want/need and he wrecks it with his choice at qb / "O" scheme. What a shame! I FEEL FOR THE SENIORS THAT LEFT IT ALL ON THE FIELD FOR 3 YEARS AND HE SQUANDERS THEIR PERSONAL OPPORTUNITY FOR SUCCESS! There are many gifted players coming back but not near the same as this years team poccessed. No I dont think P.A. makes the move but we"ll see!

The Talent is gone. So Sad Bowling never figured out to use em = East and West plays dont get with the talent DHS had this year. P.A. Could have taken DHS EXCEPTIONAL talent for a longer ride towards the state. Look how well CC did with as many injuries that effected the Cavs during this season = Hes a Coach ! No wonder Bowling,staff left DHS after making a "laff" of himself = All the talent any coach would want/need and he wrecks it with his choice at qb / "O" scheme. What a shame! I FEEL FOR THE SENIORS THAT LEFT IT ALL ON THE FIELD FOR 3 YEARS AND HE SQUANDERS THEIR PERSONAL OPPORTUNITY FOR SUCCESS! There are many gifted players coming back but not near the same as this years team poccessed. No I dont think P.A. makes the move but we"ll see!

64 what's your thinkin on the Counce Family "Reunion " then !? Haven't heard from you in a while ! Hope all is well with you & yours !

64 what's your thinkin on the Counce Family "Reunion " then !? Haven't heard from you in a while ! Hope all is well with you & yours !

Keep your fingers crossed. We will know soon. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Do you guys at Dyersburg complaining about Bowling and his use of your talent not remember Obion County Central running that offense??..It was the hardest offense in Reg.7-3A to defense...BTW,the only guy that really had any success against it was the guy you are talking about taking over and that was P.A. Pratt....You did notice P.A. and his Cavaliers almost got ya'll this season??....Do you think Obion Central had superior talent when they were piling up those offensive numbers against this strong region??...Hardly...

The problem wasn't the coach..As much as you want to blame a 10-2 season(LOL) on him,you need to look at the players who DID NOT BUY INTO THE SYSTEM!!..That's a personal problem each and everyone of those players have to deal with....Those boys had to learn the system and until the last part of the season they didn't have a grasp of it....You may have to look at things why you had a kid quit after a game(Attitudes of INDIVIDUAL players will have an affect on other members of the team, sort of like a cancer)....To me the defense is what let you down in the Dyer County and Mitchell games....

The truth of the deal is Bowling is going back home...Obion County had become real close to Bowling and the folks in Union City have great respect for the man...That's not something that comes easy when you are a coach at Obion Central...The program at UC sort of had a "look down their nose" attitude about the OC program until Bowling got there and beat the Tornadoes down for 4 years straight...

The problem at Dyersburg might just be the people staring at you when you look in the mirror...