Dyersburg's New Head Coach

westTNFBfan

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody should have warned Coach Bowling that he would be turned on like a pack of wild dogs. Heaven forbid that we lose to Dyer County. The man never got a chance to put his own stamp on this team. Dyer County is a up and coming program. The game was probably one the best I have ever seen. People can say what ever they want to but Coach Bowling was run out of town. I always thought that the coaching staff was to make decisions about what was best for the team instead of the community. If it is anyone beside Coach Counce they better have thier head on a swivel. Makes you almost ashamed of being a Trojan fan the way some people are acting.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

1) Bowling tried to back out before he ever got here.

2) Just because a couple of people on this forum did not agree with his coaching style does not mean the whole community was against him. I supported him.

3) BOWLING WAS NOT RUN OUT OF TOWN. HE WENT WERE HE WANTED TO BE TO BEGIN WITH.

Got a few questions..IN WHAT ROLE ARE THEY GOING TO BE NAMED...Is JR going to be Head Coach and SR come in as a "consultant" like the Cisco's at Union City....Is Grady Andrews going back to DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR ...Hugh Owens going back to coaching?...What is the lowdown...Thought I GUESSED This one right....

Jr. is the head coach and Sr. is a non faculty assistant.

glad to hear that dyersburg has both counces back.

i got a text from a friend that plays at dyersburg this afternoon, and he was estatic about the the return of the counces..

that was a quick replacement though, lets see, dyersburg was without a coach for, about 3 days? haha

but obviously they probably had you know who in mind.

im glad if the counces do come back. but i thought the reason jr didnt get the job before was because he lacks a teaching credential. i was told that if you are ' in the system' long enough you can apply for a waiver from such a requirement. i was told sr would be the head for three years before it gets turned over to jr.by the way adsmom, counce retired to spend time with his wife, who passed.

im glad if the counces do come back. but i thought the reason jr didnt get the job before was because he lacks a teaching credential. i was told that if you are ' in the system' long enough you can apply for a waiver from such a requirement. i was told sr would be the head for three years before it gets turned over to jr.by the way adsmom, counce retired to spend time with his wife, who passed.

Didn't know that, sorry to hear about his wife. Just wondered why anyone would give up such an opportunity for their child...in all honesty,not meaning to start anything.

Again this is only HEARSAY......

I was TOLD Coach SR will BE THE HEAD COACH...NO IF ANDS AND BUTS ABOUT IT....JR will be an asst. coach...Supposedly a coach named CRABTREE from MTSU that is a quarterbacks coach will be brought in with them....Told you JackEddie it would be a NAME that had been heard before... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

And this is ONLY speculation on my part...

I can see going to MBA and coaching IF I WERE JR....Coach Counce ALWAYS said..."IF MY GRANDBABIES LEAVE THEN I AM GOING WITH THEM"...Counce Jr. is an only child...His child and his grandchildren leave ...Then I can see him leaving...GOOD MONEY and Tuition paid on two kids in one of the most PRESTIGIOUS SCHOOLS in the country...Plus a chance to move up...Then "that was a no-brainer" for Jr...

But Coach Counce from what I could understand didn't want to stay here because his wife had passed away...Though I NEVER had a chance to meet her...I have been told my EVERYONE she was a WONDERFUL lady and is missed by everyone....

They helped MBA win the PRIVATE SCHOOL State Championship in the Large Division...Coached Two of the top 10 prospects in the State in Ben Barthlomew and Preston Bailey....

Maybe THE BIG CITY LIFE didn't agree with them...But a person TO TURN DOWN AN OPPORTUNITY LIKE THAT WITHOUT TRYING IT( In JR's case) would have been crazy...I can see where you would have been beating yourself up the rest of your life if you have said NO to the opportunity....

That being said...It is good to have them back...

For those wanting to know what role each of the Counce's will play next season, be sure to check out the paper tomorrow and also hear what Counce Sr. has to say about his return to D'burg. Believe me when I say he is ready to roll.

Man you do a GREAT JOB...Keep up the GOOD WORK! YOU DA MAN! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />