Dyersburg's New Head Coach

westTNFBfan

to set the record straight.....

fact #1 - the general never wanted to retire....never wanted to leave........his love for his wife was more than most of you will ever experience in your own relationships..... no one knew that the "lady in stands" was in her last days....... coach hung up his cleats to be with his her.......

fact #2 - counce recommended "bowling" cause he knew that he was a up and coming young coach who had a bright future......still believes that today, and so do i and many others.....

fact #3 - nobody knew that in 60 days after the general's announcement, that the "lady in the stands" would pass.....

fact #4 - bowling knew that counce was not ready to retire, tried to give the job back....counce refused.....he was not going to be a indian giver.......nor get a reputation among his peers by putting bowling out of a job....

fact #5 - after ms donna's passing, counce was ready to go back to work....it was what he needed....where ever he is, so will be his "family"....

fact #6 - bowling was not run out of town........simply put he was not happy, so he left.....

let's see, coach counce and son go to one of the most storied football programs and schools in this state....if i recall, they have won something like 10 or 11 state championships......the average salary of a mba alumni is 6 figures.....oh, and here is another kicker......just becasue your daddy is the coach does not mean that you can attend mba......a significant iq and academic ability is a "strict requirement"....... in fact, mba only had 1 D1 recruit......but they had like 10 rhoades scholars on the football team...... the fact that the counces chilren qualified is a huge testament to the academics provided to their children by DYERSBURG CITY SCHOOLS.....

so when someone asked the question "why would you pull your son out of mba and come to dyersburg"? well, some of you know the answer.......unfortunately, many of you will never experience the answer.......

home is where the heart his.....and family to some people mean more than anything else in the world......including STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS, money, education, prestige, and so on.....

welcome HOME coach........we always kept a light on for ya.......

NO ONE ever said his kids were not smart enough. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why did they leave in the first place if they were so joyfully happy?

Does the term "sometimes the grass looks greener on the other side" ring any bells. If not just keep on living because it will. I have many times wished for or in some cases received things that later I realize were not any better then what I had originally had

Not knocking D'burg's system...but I can assure you my child WILL NOT be trying it /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

That is your choice and I think that is the point here. Don't misunderstand, both systems are fantastic in my opinion. I have a child that graduated from DCHS and I also have child that plays football for the Trojans now.. Has anyone on here ever tried to sit both sides of the fence? Let me assure you, it is not easy. Both have received a very good education.

Does the term "sometimes the grass looks greener on the other side" ring any bells. If not just keep on living because it will. I have many times wished for or in some cases received things that later I realize were not any better then what I had originally had

Legitimate question which I got a legitimate answer for earlier. And you better believe I know what "the grass is greener" term means. I LIVE IT EVERYDAY> I am happy the Counces are coming back where they want to be. I gave up a career to move back here to be closer to family for my daughter,so YES I do understand.

Legitimate question which I got a legitimate answer for earlier. And you better believe I know what "the grass is greener" term means. I LIVE IT EVERYDAY> I am happy the Counces are coming back where they want to be. I gave up a career to move back here to be closer to family for my daughter,so YES I do understand.

Thanks for the support and I have always supported all of our teams and school system's.... programs fund raiser, etc...... I believe there are things that I would like about Dyer County and there are probably things that you would like here but it is a choice and neither of us is putting the other's choice down. We both seem to definitely know what a small community like our has to offer since I too moved back here several years ago for less pay but to be close to where I grew up and family we take so much for granted those bright lights can be very enticing (I hope I spelled that right) but a lot of time when we get there and see what goes with the bright lights, it is just not as pretty anymore. Like you said once we realize that family or those who reallycare about us are not there the money just does not matter as much. I certainly belive that Mrs. Counce is somewhere in heaven smiling........ and I wish the Bowling Family the best of luck and hopefully he will have much success at UC......

God bless you adsmom86

Mg,

Great post... but it's Rhodes' Scholar... and it's graduate level studies, not secondary level. Not saying MBA hasn't turned out any Rhodes' scholars, but they reached that milestone after college....

not only do i not know how to spell it, i am no where near being it... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

i made a mistake.......there were actually 14 "national merit scholars" in the senior class (football team that is)....amazing....

my understanding is that they have quite a few football players who became rhodes scholars at the graduate level ....

dyersburg city schools have done a great job in academics...nobody can argue that fact...

the counce kids qualified for mba.......others from dyersburg attended baylor, mccallie, etc.... the fact that dyersburg has sent its graduates on to harvard, naval academy, air force academy, vanderbilt, rhodes and many others; the fact that 30% of the class of 07 scored at least a 29 on the ACT, combined with over 3 million dollars in scholarships for a senior class of about 170 kids..........

dyersburg is not mba........but they do a heck of a job for a public system..........

While I think Counce is a good coach, a legend I think not. If the truth was known I think Coach Counce would not like the Title on the sports page. Sounds like to me someone is trying to get in good with the coach. It should be about the kids not the coach. Lets stop bashing.

What I did was simply use the phrase 'A Legend Returns' for the simple fact that is the way James Counce is perceived in Dyersburg. Though it might sound like someone, and I can only assume you are referring to myself, is trying to get in good with the coach, I was already 'in good' with Counce before he left.

I speak of the facts, so please get yours straight before stating what you believe to be correct.

As for the bashing, I have no idea what you are talking about.

As for the kids, it is and always has been about the kids with me, but this is concerning a new coach, not a kid leaving or coming to Dyersburg.