Dyersburg's New Head Coach

westTNFBfan

I'm happy for all the Trojan faithful that the Counce family is coming back ! Seems that is what everyone wanted & obviously the Counce's wouldn't have returned if they weren't happy in Dyersburg / Dyer County.So it seems to be a"WIN..... WIN" situation for all concerned. Last Fall had TOO MUCH DRAMA for me ! One thing is certain though ....... the Counce family won't listen to a word from any of the "Boo Birds" ! It will be their way or NO way ! Lots of armchair QB's /Coaches might just implode since no one will pay any heed to their opinions since the Counce's are back ! Welcome back Coach Counce & Coach Counce ! Best of luck (except for that one Friday night) !

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyersburg played in the semi-finals in 1974... Beaten by eventual State Champ Father Ryan.....The Semi-finals in 1997... beaten by eventual State Champion Pearl-Cohn....The Semi-finals in 2006.. beaten by State runner-up David Lipscomb.....AND no there has NEVER BEEN A GOLD OR SILVER BALL IN THE TROPHY CASE AT DYERSBURG HIGH SCHOOL in FOOTBALL....Coach Counce and his son were part of the MBA coaching staff that led them to an UNDEFEATED STATE CHAMPIONSHIP in the BIG DIVISION of the Private School leagues....

The Talent is gone. So Sad Bowling "Never" figured out to use em = East and West plays dont get with the talent DHS had this year. ! No wonder Bowling,staff left DHS after making a "laff" of himself = All the talent any coach would want/need and he wrecks it with his choice at qb / "O" scheme. What a shame! I FEEL FOR THE SENIORS THAT LEFT IT ALL ON THE FIELD FOR 3 YEARS AND HE SQUANDERS THEIR PERSONAL OPPORTUNITY FOR SUCCESS! There are many gifted players coming back but not near the same as this years team poccessed. No I dont think P.A. makes the move but we"ll see!

CONGRATS TO THE TROJANS HAVING THE COUNCES BACK AT DHS/ IN TOWN. I KNOW HE HATED TO LEAVE ALL THESE SENIORS HE RAISED "HIS WAY" = (THAT BOWLING DESTROYED) KNOWING HE COULD WIN A GOLD BALL THIS PAST SEASON WITH THEM. PERSONAL/FAMILY REASONS ACCOUNT FOR MANY OF OUR DECISIONS IN LIFE ! WELCOME BACK COUCHES COUNCE! "TOGETHER WE ATTACK"!! GO TROJANS!!!!!!!

The Talent is gone. So Sad Bowling "Never" figured out to use em = East and West plays dont get with the talent DHS had this year. ! No wonder Bowling,staff left DHS after making a "laff" of himself = All the talent any coach would want/need and he wrecks it with his choice at qb / "O" scheme. What a shame! I FEEL FOR THE SENIORS THAT LEFT IT ALL ON THE FIELD FOR 3 YEARS AND HE SQUANDERS THEIR PERSONAL OPPORTUNITY FOR SUCCESS! There are many gifted players coming back but not near the same as this years team poccessed. No I dont think P.A. makes the move but we"ll see!

CONGRATS TO THE TROJANS HAVING THE COUNCES BACK AT DHS/ IN TOWN. I KNOW HE HATED TO LEAVE ALL THESE SENIORS HE RAISED "HIS WAY" = (THAT BOWLING DESTROYED) KNOWING HE COULD WIN A GOLD BALL THIS PAST SEASON WITH THEM. PERSONAL/FAMILY REASONS ACCOUNT FOR MANY OF OUR DECISIONS IN LIFE ! WELCOME BACK COUCHES COUNCE! "TOGETHER WE ATTACK"!! GO TROJANS!!!!!!!

there is not a coach out there that would leave a team, "KNOWING HE COULD WIN A GOLD BALL" .That just does not happen. Coaches do leave to go somewhere else to win a gold ball that has always alluded them (as it sounds in this case). the sad thing is how some of the dyersburg fans treat a coach that wins 10 games during his first year!!! look back in your archives and see how many other new coaches did that.

good luck to bowling and his staff.

good luck to Counce and his staff.

two great coaching staffs. any team would be lucky to have them.

Sometimes your family being happy and where you want to be in your heart is more important than where you go to school.

Very true.... some people put more emphasis on family then they do money and let's be very careful how we comment about kids and schools, there are many who feel the same way about people who would move their children from the city school system to the county..... it is a choice and we all have a right to it. So don't knock Dyersburg 's School System until you have tried it...........

Sometimes your family being happy and where you want to be in your heart is more important than where you go to school.

Very true.... some people put more emphasis on family then they do money and let's be very careful how we comment about kids and schools, there are many who feel the same way about people who would move their children from the city school system to the county..... it is a choice and we all have a right to it. So don't knock Dyersburg 's School System until you have tried it...........

to set the record straight.....

fact #1 - the general never wanted to retire....never wanted to leave........his love for his wife was more than most of you will ever experience in your own relationships..... no one knew that the "lady in stands" was in her last days....... coach hung up his cleats to be with his her.......

fact #2 - counce recommended "bowling" cause he knew that he was a up and coming young coach who had a bright future......still believes that today, and so do i and many others.....

fact #3 - nobody knew that in 60 days after the general's announcement, that the "lady in the stands" would pass.....

fact #4 - bowling knew that counce was not ready to retire, tried to give the job back....counce refused.....he was not going to be a indian giver.......nor get a reputation among his peers by putting bowling out of a job....

fact #5 - after ms donna's passing, counce was ready to go back to work....it was what he needed....where ever he is, so will be his "family"....

fact #6 - bowling was not run out of town........simply put he was not happy, so he left.....

let's see, coach counce and son go to one of the most storied football programs and schools in this state....if i recall, they have won something like 10 or 11 state championships......the average salary of a mba alumni is 6 figures.....oh, and here is another kicker......just becasue your daddy is the coach does not mean that you can attend mba......a significant iq and academic ability is a "strict requirement"....... in fact, mba only had 1 D1 recruit......but they had like 10 rhoades scholars on the football team...... the fact that the counces chilren qualified is a huge testament to the academics provided to their children by DYERSBURG CITY SCHOOLS.....

so when someone asked the question "why would you pull your son out of mba and come to dyersburg"? well, some of you know the answer.......unfortunately, many of you will never experience the answer.......

home is where the heart his.....and family to some people mean more than anything else in the world......including STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS, money, education, prestige, and so on.....

welcome HOME coach........we always kept a light on for ya.......

Not knocking D'burg's system...but I can assure you my child WILL NOT be trying it /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />