Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a betting man, but not a psychiatrist so I'll leave that money laying on the table.

i'll take that bet, if i can pay when i get my govt check ,been traveling around the world , Kingsport has changed alot what happened to mason dixon ,did central give up baskeball or consolidated with greeneville i know they use the same cheer leaders a couple of years ago. i thought al gore was president

i'll take that bet, if i can pay when i get my govt check ,been traveling around the world , Kingsport has changed alot what happened to mason dixon ,did central give up baskeball or consolidated with greeneville i know they use the same cheer leaders a couple of years ago. i thought al gore was president

another $50 for this one. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Does anyone know where to get the schedule for the Arby's classic?

Wednesday, December 26

Session 1

Game 1 1:00 pm Tabernacle Baptist vs Sullivan East

Game 2 2:30 pm Urspring, Germany vs Greeneville

Game 3 4:00 pm Northview, GA vs Science Hill

Game 4 5:30 pm Archbishop Carroll, DC vs TN High

Game 5 7:00 pm Columbia, GA vs Dobyns-Bennett

Game 6 8:30 pm Pine Castle, FL vs Gate City

Thursday, December 27

Session 2

Game 7 2:30 pm Loser Game 1 vs Loser Game 2

Game 8 4:00 pm Briarcrest Christian, TN vs Winner Game 1

Game 9 5:30 pm Iolani, HI vs Father Henry Carr, Canada

Game 10 7:00 pm Charlotte, FL vs Volunteer

Game 11 8:30 pm Dorsey, CA vs Winner Game 2

I'm not sure what the schedule is after the first 2 days.

We haven't played Volunteer yet, but I can't see you having the best student section when you have none there. Haven't heard what happened in the Cherokee game but it sounds like too much. I also agree with some other posters, as long as the kids are not saying bad things or throwing anything, the administrators should LEAVE THEM ALONE.I think most fans enjoy the students yelling back and forth at each other during timeouts and the cheerleaders also. As long as everything is clean. As for standing the whole game, as long as it's not blocking anyone elses view, I don't see a problem with it. Sometimes fans will have to move to another seat if the student section is in the way. If the students can't yell for thier school and stand if they want to, they will just quit coming to games thus the schools will lose money. Think about it administrators.

It probably was a bit much. My son was involved. He was removed from the game in the 4th quarter. Him and some of his classmates all wore white tee shirts, and then in black sharpie wrote (blank) Mobuck,each with one of the letter on his tee shirt. Mobuck is the cherokee indian chief's name for those of you who may not know. i'll give you a hint the word rythmed with luck. All the students sat down and only those wearing the tee shirts were standing so you could see them better. Also a large banner with a picture of the hawkins county superbowl trophy was raised up behind them with the words "The Longest Yard" written above it. For those of you who are unaware, Volunteer stopped what would've been a game winning cherokee drive at the one yard line with only seconds left. I understand that my son was removed, and i expected him to be punished for his actions. I was thinking he would be banned from games, probably have to clean the stands after games, and possibly have some in school suspension. However when he went to school the next day, he was informed by the adminastrators that the school board members were at the game, and had recommended they be placed in alternative school for the remainder of the year. I thought this to be way over the top. I mean they're all a bunch of senior boys, they're going to do stuff like this. and in high insight no one was physically harmed. Granted the fact that they're just a buncha senior guys, im not saying they shouldn't have punished. Luckily they got off with just being banned from all Basketball games(home or away).

on a lighter note, even me being a parent. It was priceless to see the looks on the cherokee fans faces. They were Extremely mad.

DB - 73

South - 50

DB had a 47-19 lead at the half and and looked well on there way to 100 but went to sleep in the 3rd/4th qtr. South clawed back in the 2nd half and got to within 14...it should never have gotten that close. I am totally impressed with the Rebel PG Bailey Dick. Not only his play but his demeanor on the court. Anytime there was a collision or a hard foul with a DB player he was always offering a hand or asking if the DB player was ok. He should be a good one for the next few years.

Wednesday, December 26

Session 1

Game 1 1:00 pm Tabernacle Baptist vs Sullivan East

Game 2 2:30 pm Urspring, Germany vs Greeneville

Game 3 4:00 pm Northview, GA vs Science Hill

Game 4 5:30 pm Archbishop Carroll, DC vs TN High

Game 5 7:00 pm Columbia, GA vs Dobyns-Bennett

Game 6 8:30 pm Pine Castle, FL vs Gate City

Thursday, December 27

Session 2

Game 7 2:30 pm Loser Game 1 vs Loser Game 2

Game 8 4:00 pm Briarcrest Christian, TN vs Winner Game 1

Game 9 5:30 pm Iolani, HI vs Father Henry Carr, Canada

Game 10 7:00 pm Charlotte, FL vs Volunteer

Game 11 8:30 pm Dorsey, CA vs Winner Game 2

I'm not sure what the schedule is after the first 2 days.

Thanks Agent and WACO the information is appreciated.

i'll take that bet, if i can pay when i get my govt check ,been traveling around the world , Kingsport has changed alot what happened to mason dixon, did central give up baskeball or consolidated with greeneville i know they use the same cheer leaders a couple of years ago. i thought al gore was president

Good one!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It probably was a bit much. My son was involved. He was removed from the game in the 4th quarter. Him and some of his classmates all wore white tee shirts, and then in black sharpie wrote (blank) Mobuck,each with one of the letter on his tee shirt. Mobuck is the cherokee indian chief's name for those of you who may not know. i'll give you a hint the word rythmed with luck. All the students sat down and only those wearing the tee shirts were standing so you could see them better. Also a large banner with a picture of the hawkins county superbowl trophy was raised up behind them with the words "The Longest Yard" written above it. For those of you who are unaware, Volunteer stopped what would've been a game winning cherokee drive at the one yard line with only seconds left. I understand that my son was removed, and i expected him to be punished for his actions. I was thinking he would be banned from games, probably have to clean the stands after games, and possibly have some in school suspension. However when he went to school the next day, he was informed by the adminastrators that the school board members were at the game, and had recommended they be placed in alternative school for the remainder of the year. I thought this to be way over the top. I mean they're all a bunch of senior boys, they're going to do stuff like this. and in high insight no one was physically harmed. Granted the fact that they're just a buncha senior guys, im not saying they shouldn't have punished. Luckily they got off with just being banned from all Basketball games(home or away).

on a lighter note, even me being a parent. It was priceless to see the looks on the cherokee fans faces. They were Extremely mad.

Uh, this isn't quite what I was talking about when I was defending students sections. "It probably was a bit much". Hmmm.... you think? "I mean they're all a bunch of senior boys, they're going to do stuff like this" You know, I've been to alot of high school basketball games in my time, but cannot say that I have ever seen something like that. Not to say it doesn't happen, but I don't think thats something that "a bunch of senior boys" go around doing all the time. "...even me being a parent. It was priceless to see the looks on the cherokee fans faces. They were Extremely mad." Nooo. Why in the world would someone get mad about that? And it sounds as though you ALMOST condone such activities. I guess its different when its people from Volunteer that belittle someone, but its a whole different story when someone criticizes the way you play basketball. Explains alot.